Music: Oh! Darling by The Beatles

3Tw 3
3T
Throw 3Lz
Step Sequence 4
3 Lift
Forward Inside Death Sp 4

Ch Combo Spin 4

Solid skate. They are bit awkward, and gangly, and think it's going to take some time for them to mature in their height. They really are very young still for a pairs team.

59.83 = 3rd Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Danilova, Daria/Tsiba, Michel 🇳🇱
Coach: D. Savin, F. Klimov, P. Kitashev, K. Schubert
Music: The Hunger Games (soundtrack)

3Tw 2
3S - she stumbled on the landing
Throw 3F
3 Lift 4
Step Sequence 2

Ch Combo Spin 3

Pretty good performance - shaky landing for her on the triple Salchow.

57.17 = 4th Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Golubeva, Anastasia/Giotopoulos Moore, Hektor 🇦🇺
Coach: Galina Pachina, Andrei Pachin
Music: Architect of the Mind by Kerry Muzzey

3Tw 2 - awkward catch - slightly under-rotated
3T - he was bit forward on the landing
Throw 3Lo
3 Lift 3
Step Sequence 4

Fly Combo Spin 4

This seems like a program that could really hit if they nail all the elements. Solid start to the season.

62.80 = 2nd Place

skatingguy

decently
Stellaro-Dudek, Deanna/Deschamps, Maxime 🇨🇦
Coach: Josee Picard, Stephanie Fiorito
Music: Oxygene

3Tw 4
3T
3 Lift 4 - her position was gorgeous
Throw 3Lo - hung on
Ch Combo Spin 4
Step Sequence 4

Really great performance. Unusual choice of music, but they make it work. Only issue was a tight landing on the throw.

72.25 = 1st Place

skatingguy

decently
Yeah, it was tough last weekend with 2 SP and 2 FS on Saturday. I feel like tomorrow is going to be even harder. I really wish Skate Canada would spread the competition out over 3 days like SkAm.
Skate America is the only Grand Prix spreading the events over 3 days.

Desperado

I've decided to stay up for the men's sp. I know I'll be tired tomorrow but I don't trust CBC to have a full-event video available by the time I'd ever get to watch it tomorrow. So, I'm off to brush teeth and turn down my side of the bed so I can just zoom off to bed instantly after the last man's scores come up. Hubby, of course, will be completely rested with a full 8 hours' sleep .... but he's not watching skating (his loss). Back in a few ....
I know CBC has had issues like this in the past. In case you don’t want to stay up tonight, Dailymotion is better at offering day after videos. I’m watching the Men’s now (French version).

ilovesalchows

I watched this on replay. Fun to watch such a strong competition. I was a little worried about the state of pairs after last week.

I do miss pairs teams who really connect with each other on the ice. I am very happy for the likes of Stellato, Knierim, Savchenko, etc, but the magic is missing when it feels like the guy is only there to showcase the medal dreams of their partner.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
I watched this on replay. Fun to watch such a strong competition. I was a little worried about the state of pairs after last week.

I do miss pairs teams who really connect with each other on the ice. I am very happy for the likes of Stellato, Knierim, Savchenko, etc, but the magic is missing when it feels like the guy is only there to showcase the medal dreams of their partner.
I don’t get this vibe from Stellato and Deschamps though. Max has had his own loooong journey of partnerships and sub par results. This is less about him showcasing Deanna and more than it took a long time, but Deanna and Max finally found an amazing partnership with each other.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I just rewatched the first group of the Pairs SPs. The Italians very good if she is low key.

I was dissatisfied with the Hungarians, even though they skated cleanly. That Bites the Dust music doesn’t help.

I’d love to see the Australians move up to 2nd. They have more oomph than the Italians.

Nobody takes over #1 spot from 🇨🇦 Diva.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Probably YouTube. And I'm assuming the culprit is McIntosh/Mimar's Beatles program.
If that's the case, whoever is in charge of their YouTube just needs to go in and mute that section of the video. The software even specifically points out where there's a copyright and gives you the option to cut that part of the video out, replace the music, or mute it.

I don't know why they aren't doing such whenever they run into these problems. Probably because whoever they have maintaining YT has no idea what they are doing.

skatingguy

decently
Probably YouTube. And I'm assuming the culprit is McIntosh/Mimar's Beatles program.
Yes, it does seem the Pairs short has disappeared from YouTube. Not sure that McIntosh/Mimar's program is the issue because their short program is up as a separate video.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
If that's the case, whoever is in charge of their YouTube just needs to go in and mute that section of the video. The software even specifically points out where there's a copyright and gives you the option to cut that part of the video out, replace the music, or mute it.

I don't know why they aren't doing such whenever they run into these problems. Probably because whoever they have maintaining YT has no idea what they are doing.
100% that's why. We run into this with charity video game speedrunning marathons all the time. There's tons of people who know how to handle it.

Amy L

Now I'm just imagining some ISU official tossing an iPad to their kid and saying "Get the competition on the you-tubes please." But if that were the case, even a kid knows that the Beatles are a copyright nightmare :lol:

Amy L

Yes, it does seem the Pairs short has disappeared from YouTube. Not sure that McIntosh/Mimar's program is the issue because their short program is up as a separate video.
Hm. There have been educational music channels that have had videos taken down for using as little as 5 seconds of the Beatles! I would have thought an entire song would be a big ole nope. I don't know what else could have caused it. I've heard that Cirque du Soliel can be copyright hounds, or maybe the Hunger Games soundtrack? Most of the competition used craptacular covers. Then again, KniFra used a cover and that completely broke NBC and Peacock.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Yeah, I’m so behind the time that I didn’t know that Guarise had paired up with a teenager 🤔

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Only four coaches? C'mon, get a few more. Just because.

ETA: Hunger Games? Hell NO. Unless they're going to wave around some snakes, like the ones I saw in the trailer for the next film.

I rather like Hunger Games as a pairs program. As someone who is watching pairs skating late at night, I identify with the struggle to survive.

🤔 Will any of the other skaters be this good when they are forty?

Most of them aren't this good now.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I’m trying to keep myself awake to get back in normal sleep schedule and these pairs are not helping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information