The 2024 NFL Thread

ilovepaydays

I decided to start a new NFL thread for the new season being that the 2024 NFL Draft is this week! 😁 🏈

NFL.com - 2024 NFL Draft Page

The First Round will be airing live on ABC/ESPN/NFL Network this Thursday at 8pm ET.

Anyone else getting excited? Which teams or players are you following closely? Anyone got 🍿 to see which player(s) end up crying buckets because they just got seven (or eight for First Round picks!) figures? 💰 💵 🤑 🥺 😭 😂

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I decided to start a new NFL thread for the new season being that the 2024 NFL Draft is this week! 😁 🏈

NFL.com - 2024 NFL Draft Page

The First Round will be airing live on ABC/ESPN/NFL Network this Thursday at 8pm ET.

Anyone else getting excited? Which teams or players are you following closely? Anyone got 🍿 to see which player(s) end up crying buckets because they just got seven (or eight for First Round picks!) figures? 💰 💵 🤑 🥺 😭 😂
I no longer follow players since I stopped watching college football. I am still interested in the draft to see who my teams drafted. I look up who other teams drafted,and then I read about the players.

I just wish the draft would start inthe morning, and not in the evening.

ilovepaydays

Watching on ABC. Interesting that it’s in Detroit - I thought the NFL Draft was always at Madison Square Gardens in NYC. Or somewhere else like Las Vegas.

Also - it’s amazing how little Nick Saban has aged.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has walked onstage with Eminem. 😐

Here’s the draft order for Round 1.

Last edited:

Cachoo

Great night for QB's---I enjoyed the light show on stage. The NFL is good at this stuff.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am disappointed that the AZ Cardinals drafted a WR as the 4th overall pick instead of a great OT, who was then picked up by the 5th picking team.

Cachoo

I am disappointed that the AZ Cardinals drafted a WR as the 4th overall pick instead of a great OT, who was then picked up by the 5th picking team.
But was there a great OT and I mean GREAT because that WR looks awesome. I normally say line over wr’s but he looks so good.

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Watching on ABC. Interesting that it’s in Detroit - I thought the NFL Draft was always at Madison Square Gardens in NYC. Or somewhere else like Las Vegas.

Also - it’s amazing how little Nick Saban has aged.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has walked onstage with Eminem. 😐

Here’s the draft order for Round 1.
Once the draft really became a "viewer event" they decided to move it around to create more excitement in different cities each year. Next year it's in Green Bay and the closest hotels are already sold out

Cachoo

Once the draft really became a "viewer event" they decided to move it around to create more excitement in different cities each year. Next year it's in Green Bay and the closest hotels are already sold out
I was so impressed by the crowds in Detroit. I think I am impressed by the city of Detroit and I never thought I would say that ever. But they are finding good ways to come back from some desolate times. I was watching Bargain Block last week and I love the idea of urban renewal one inexpensive house at a time.

Cachoo

Someone in the NFL clearly hates the Ravens. Thursday night season opener against KC, in KC? Seriously?
I'm a Chiefs fan and watched us lose to Detroit in the kick-off last year. Baltimore is a better team imho. And then we get the Bengals the following week. That is brutal. But at least both are at home.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I'm a Chiefs fan and watched us lose to Detroit in the kick-off last year. Baltimore is a better team imho. And then we get the Bengals the following week. That is brutal. But at least both are at home.
Yes, me too. Part of KC's problems in those first games of the season is the team hadn't gelled with the new players. Patrick, Travis, and other players haven't had the reps they should with the incoming class.

Look at Pacheco who needed a few games to gel.

The Ravens will be out to avenge their loss. That's a dangerous team. Bengals will be in the same mind set.

Cachoo

Harrison Butker has lost his mind. I have not loved this off season because of Rice’s foolishness, Butker’s speech plus losing Sneed and Gay though I know they will be well compensated. Everyone else seems good though. Travis and Taylor are a nice distraction. Patrick is obsessed. I kind of like that.

Last edited:

Cachoo

Schedules are out....each team finds a creative way to announce their schedules and the Chief's TikTok is filled to the brim with comments about Harrison Butker. What happens next? I want to look at the other team announcements....some creative stuff out there.

Cachoo

I know someone in the KC media/communications department. I doubt he's slept since #7 opened his mouth.
I suspect it was barely on his radar and then KABOOM!! Thanks Harrison. I knew he was comfortable in St. Mary’s township and their practices. But he was quiet. Argh!
I just saw that Xavier Worthy’s car was stolen in KC last night. And the question was “Can the Chiefs have a normal off-season?” And the answer is no they cannot.

Last edited:

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I know someone in the KC media/communications department. I doubt he's slept since #7 opened his mouth.
They have already been busy with Rice.

Butker is free to think that way and even state it but it was so tacky as a commencement speech. Then again, on local news they interviewed three of the women graduating and they all loved it. It is a Mrs. college for these women. The calls for him to be cut are silly. I don’t like him or his views but we don’t cut child/spouse abusers.

DH laughed and said he would be working until 70 if I didn’t work, no thanks.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
They have already been busy with Rice.

Butker is free to think that way and even state it but it was so tacky as a commencement speech. Then again, on local news they interviewed three of the women graduating and they all loved it. It is a Mrs. college for these women. The calls for him to be cut are silly. I don’t like him or his views but we don’t cut child/spouse abusers.

DH laughed and said he would be working until 70 if I didn’t work, no thanks.
Yeah, pretty much automatic 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information