The Dance Hall 10: The Saitama Samba 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainingdogs82

On the off chance LaLa do beat F-B/S at Nationals, do we think Skate Canada will send LaLa to Worlds? Or fall back on the body of work argument such as with Radford and James?

Disclaimer: I Uber both teams so have no particular bias in this discussion. :lol:
Given the superior results of F-B/S all season, i think LaLa would have to beat F-B/S again at Four Continents to make it to worlds over them. Basically F-B/S would have to have what would be a gigantic meltdown at two consecutive events.

I am so glad Canada is basically certain to get 3 spots back for next year as I do think LaLa totally belong at worlds, but they won't be there this year I am pretty sure.
Wait, when did Nik turn 75? :lol:
He is sure hot for a 75 year old.

litenkyckling

Look who's in Wales...

Why, yes, I might be more convinced than before of the identity of Olivia Smart's new partner...
I think they could be a really interesting match too - with his little more height than Adrian they could have some cool lifts and I think he has a similar approach to Olivia in that he doesn't seem to be afraid of doing out of the box programmes. I wonder if they'll have more of a romantic chemistry than they did with their previous partners?

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
So who will they skate for? The UK has a great junior team behind F/G, I’d hate to see them blocked from progress.

litenkyckling

So who will they skate for? The UK has a great junior team behind F/G, I’d hate to see them blocked from progress.
probably Spain - his last international was the Olympics so it makes sense that Olivia is taking a year to do DOI. I don't think he'd get UK citizenship unless they were living here as I believe its a lengthier process (and in general a more difficult place to get visas now). Whereas Spain is a much quicker process. That or Olivia will skate for Germany but I don't know if I see that happening.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
Somerset House is within walking distance of my workplace; if I’d known they were doing an exhibition this evening I could have gone along and reported back.

Anyway, with the Waddells seemingly done with ice dance I think Tim Dieck was probably the best available partner for Olivia, and he’s seemed like the likely suspect for a while. But I mostly found his programmes with Kati Müller a bit cringe, so I hope Smart/Dieck go in a different direction.

And still no partner for Adelina Galyavieva. :drama:

RoseRed

probably Spain - his last international was the Olympics so it makes sense that Olivia is taking a year to do DOI. I don't think he'd get UK citizenship unless they were living here as I believe its a lengthier process (and in general a more difficult place to get visas now). Whereas Spain is a much quicker process. That or Olivia will skate for Germany but I don't know if I see that happening.
Especially with the language requirement for citizenship. Spain does seem like the most likely option.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Interestingly, Tim Dieck's girlfriend apparently resides in London - he posted pics on his IG story earlier today with her. He has a pretty good grasp of English when he chooses to speak in or write in it on his IG.

I'd be a little surprised if they chose to relocate to the UK to train, but it's possible they could try some sort of arrangement like the one Lopareva/Brissaud have where they split their time between France and Canada.

As far as potentially blocking Bekker/Hernandez from opportunities... Fear/Gibson are almost certain to earn 3 spots for GBR at Euros 2024. They aren't going to earn 3 spots at Worlds 2024, but it is possible, if some teams ahead of them clear out of the way after this season and Smart/Dieck are really good out of the gate, that they MIGHT manage to earn 3 spots at Worlds 2025. Certainly FearGib and BekHern wouldn't earn 3 spots.

Spain does seem the most likely option still, but, I'm not ruling GBR out quite yet.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
As far as potentially blocking Bekker/Hernandez from opportunities... Fear/Gibson are almost certain to earn 3 spots for GBR at Euros 2024. They aren't going to earn 3 spots at Worlds 2024, but it is possible, if some teams ahead of them clear out of the way after this season and Smart/Dieck are really good out of the gate, that they MIGHT manage to earn 3 spots at Worlds 2025. Certainly FearGib and BekHern wouldn't earn 3 spots.
There’s also the possibility of Sasha Fear returning with a new partner. From her IG she’s been at uni this semester, but I don’t think that necessarily rules anything in or out in terms of still looking for a partner / found a partner but dealing with release issues / given up looking for a partner.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Looking ahead to Euros, it seems like there will be a lot of opportunities for countries to pick up additional spots with the Russians out, the Spaniards (both) split and/or retired, and a lot of the rest of the field split/retired. See last year's results here.

This year, the spots are
RUS-3
ESP 3
ITA 2
GBR 2
LTU-2
FRA-2
UKR-2

France is in a good place to get 3 spots if both teams hit. Great Britain could earn 3 spots if they only sent one team, but instead, will probably stay at two. It would be an improvement for Italy if their second team would qualify to the FD so probably not adding a third spot. :shuffle: The Czechs were right on the cusp in 11th and the Taschlers should easily pick up a second spot for their country. :) Finland should be able to get a second. Lithuania should maintain two. Germany, Georgia, and Hungary have a shot at earning a second as well. Spain and Ukraine will probably drop out of the top 10-12.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Spain doesn't have a senior dance team that is eligible to compete at Euros yet - Kazimov is still waiting on his release from the German fed.

Dobre

Poland has only one dance berth at Euros this year, correct? So Polibina & Golovishnikov get it, I assume.

Andrea82

Poland has only one dance berth at Euros this year, correct? So Polibina & Golovishnikov get it, I assume.
Yes, only 1.

Based on the season and national results, the only assignment for Europeans I wouldn't be sure to predict is Azerbaijan.
Ritter/Brykalov won the head to head with Carhart/Kolovskyi at Santa Claus Cup. Carhart/Kolovskyi have the higher ISU SB (because they attended the Denis Ten Memorial). I don't know which result they have, if any at all.

I guess the others will be

Guignard/Fabbri; Manni/Roethlisberger
Fear/Gibson
Lopareva/Brissaud; Demougeot/Le Mercier
Reed/Ambrolevicious; Ramanauskaite/Kizala
Holubstova/Bielobrov; Pinchuk/Pogorielov
Turkilla/Versluis
Taschlerova/Taschler
Janse/Steffan
Kazakova/Reviya
Ignateva/Szemko
Polbina/Golovinshnikov
Nosovitskaya/Nosovitskiy
Simova/Aksenov
Azroian/Gruzdev
Ippolito/Russell
Jakucs/Galli
Bjorkli/Koszuta
Sassi/Morini
Mazingue/Gaidajenko (if she is ready)
Ritter/Brykalov or Carhart/Kolovskyi

Dobre

What happened to Leccardi & Dalla Torre?

They were not at Nationals. I must have missed something.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
I'd be surprised if we see Mazingue/Gaidajenko this season. Her injury sounds horrific and I hope that she is able to take all the time she needs to recover fully.

So probably a field of 23, of whom 10 will be Euros debutants. The most experienced competitors, back for the 11th Euros will be Guignard/Fabbri (together) and Saulius Ambrulevicius (between different partners, dance and singles)

Euros debut: Pinchuk/Pogorielov, Janse van Rensburg/Steffan, Polibina/Golovishnikov, Nosovitskies, Simova/Aksenov, Azroian/Gruzdev, Bjorkli/Kozuta, Sassi/Morini, Ramanauskaite/Kizala (second for him - competed in 2018 with Damuleviciute), Team AZE (though Kolosovskyi competed last year with Kuznetsova)

2nd Euros: Demougeot/Le Mercier, Holubtsova/Bielobrov, Turkkila/Versluis, Kazakova/Reviya, Ignateva/Szemko, Ippolito/Russell, Jakucs/Galli (3rd for her - competed in 2017 with Illes for Hungary)

3rd Euros: Lopareva/Brissaud, Taschlers

4th Euros: Reed/Ambrulevicius (but 8th for her and 11th for him)

5th Euros: Fear/Gibson, Manni/Rothlisberger (but first for ITA)

11th Euros: Guignard/Fabbri

VGThuy

I was rewatching 2017 Worlds FD and I had forgotten just how horrible that camera work was. There were times I felt like I was getting a headache.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Not sure if this is the right thread for this kind of thing, so the mods should feel free to delete if not, but one of this JGP season’s most charming newcomers for me, Britain’s very young junior dance couple Ashlie Slatter & Atl Ongay-Perez, are trying to raise funds for training:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information