The Dance Hall 11: Movin' On Up 2023-2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I believe it's time we start brainstorming new Dance Hall thread titles. I thought of "Dance Hall 12: Party Like It's 1959" (in honor of the original weird suggestion for next season's theme, and the theme we finally ended up with). Open to other suggestions!

Wyliefan

Keep adding suggestions as you all think of them -- I'll put up a poll in a bit so we can vote for the favorite!

skategal

Bunny mama
Apparently “The Madison” was a popular dance in the 50s so a future possible title could be “Will Madison do the Madison?” :lol:

Sylvia

TBD
JGP competitors also on IPS now...
Nikita Sosnenko, 20, of Ukraine (competed on JGP with Harlow Stanley for Mexico: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00113861.htm) - he lists his location as Vancouver as of Nov. 2023.
Harlow Stanley announced her new partnership with Seiji Urano, based in Leesburg, VA, for Mexico earlier this month: https://www.instagram.com/harlowyseiji_icedance

Urano’s most recent partners were Deanna Arnold for Armenia (2022-23) and Utana Yoshida for Japan (2021).

Last edited:

ice coverage

Harlow Stanley announced her new partnership with Seiji Urano, based in Leesburg, VA, for Mexico earlier this month: https://www.instagram.com/harlowyseiji_icedance

Urano’s most recent partners were Deanna Arnold for Armenia (2022-23) and Utana Yoshida for Japan (2021).

Good luck to Seiji! He is overdue for international competition and a lasting partnership. 🙏

(With Aya Takai, he also was on entry list for senior dance at Oct 2023 domestic event in Japan, but they did not actually compete??)

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Maybe now, but either way, I feel like that would get old by October.
Well, it isn't as though this thread title did much good for any teams not named LajLag or CarPon this season, lol.

Wyliefan

This one was named for the four top junior teams moving up (Mrazeks, Lim/Quan, Bash/Beau, Bek/Her). I think they did about as well as expected coming into a crowded senior field. Bash/Beau had the toughest time, I'd say -- the only team of the four not to make it to Worlds -- but they were in the deepest home field, so that wasn't unexpected.

litenkyckling

This one was named for the four top junior teams moving up (Mrazeks, Lim/Quan, Bash/Beau, Bek/Her). I think they did about as well as expected coming into a crowded senior field. Bash/Beau had the toughest time, I'd say -- the only team of the four not to make it to Worlds -- but they were in the deepest home field, so that wasn't unexpected.
On the flip side, B/B got a GP assignment while B/H didn’t. I hope they both get some next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information