The Dance Hall 12: Boston Tea Dance Party

Lizziebeth

@Belsornia That's a very thorough and helpful list! Thank you!

Can't believe we have to wait so long to see the baby French, Brits, and Americans in seniors. Fingers crossed they all make it.
Great list. I think that this list shows when they age out and have to move up. I hope some of these super talented teams move up to Seniors before they are required to!

Nmsis

Great list. I think that this list shows when they age out and have to move up. I hope some of these super talented teams move up to Seniors before they are required to!
The first season the babies will be Sr eligible

Dania Mouaden / Théo Bigot – 2027-2028, 2nd season of next olympic cycle

Ashlie Slatter / Atl Ongay-Perez – 2026-2027, 1st season of next olympic cycle

Olivia Ilin / Dylan Cain - 2027-2028, 2nd season of next olympic cycle

Marta24

Thank you for your hard work @Belsornia

We may also have some great novice kids moving up to juniors next season?
Personaly I‘m looking forward to see Zanni’s Slovakia kids Aneta VACLAVIKOVA / Ivan MOROZOV!
Me too. They had an amazing season in advanced novice. They won nearly every competition they entered, only losing Swiss Open to their training partners Cachova/Brom.

yurokis40

I rewatched the free dance at worlds and LALA were robbed they are clearly the team most hurt by the fact that the old teams on the podium don`t want to retire. That is why Papadakis and cizeron were incredibly lucky in 2015 worlds , D&W retried, virtue and moir took a break , elinick and katsalapov split even with the mozart program they would probably have finished fourth or fifth.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Anyone who thinks Zac is grumpy should watch this! 😂
Marjorie's Happy 25th Birthday video post ("Bonne fête Zach🥳 For this very special day, I made a montage of unseen videos from this season. Hope you’ll like it…"):

skategal

Bunny mama
Uh, they’re married? Are they also splitting personally?
Her statement on Instagram says she and Tim will skate in professional shows together so I think this is just a retirement not a split.

Sylvia

TBD
David Molina tweeted the link to ISU Communication No. 2625 ICE DANCE GUIDELINES FOR INTERNATIONAL NOVICE COMPETITIONS 2024/25 today (pending ISU Congress decisions in Las Vegas, Nevada, June 10-14, 2024) - 17 pages: https://isu.org/inside-isu/isu-communications/communications/33670-isu-communication-2625/file

It is a requirement for certain Technical Rules to be announced annually by the Ice Dance Technical Committee which
also applies to the guidelines for Novice International Competitions.
All other rules are published in Special Regulations & Technical Rules:
  • General Rules
  • Requirements defined in the Technical Rules as per Rule 711 as valid for one season only:
 Pattern Dances for International Competitions (including Key Points and Key Point Features)
 Music requirements for Pattern Dances for International Competitions,
 Required Elements for Free Dance
 Components charts for Pattern Dances and Free Dance
Furthermore, the Communication Requirements for Technical Rules with ongoing validity, effective July 1, 2024
includes the:
  • Marking Guide for GOE for Pattern Dances and Free Dance
  • Criteria for Levels for all Required Elements

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
I always figured he is gay and they married as partnership. No issue for me about that.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
I'm a bit surprised by the KoKo retirement/split (and the weirdly uncoordinated announcements :lol:) but it sounds like she's been fighting injury for a long time. Their Memoirs of a Geisha FD in the Olympic season was great. And when they first teamed up they apparently had a Candyman RD choreographed by Chris Dean, which is one of those programmes I would love to see but does not appear to exist anywhere on the internet.

Looks like another split among the lower ranked teams: Georgia Galimberti / Matteo Mandelli (at junior worlds a couple of seasons ago, did some Challengers this year). She's on IPS.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Well, it's not really a split, but rather a retirement. Honestly, while I liked them, I am looking forward to seeing at least one of the young talented Japanese teams more often at international competitions from now on.
Definitely at 4CCs again and one of them will be lucky enough to get the Worlds berth next year, plus there is their promising junior team.

Karen-W

There is also an Olympic trip out there in 2 years (at least Team event).
Oy. That's going to get messy for countries hoping to qualify for the TE if Japan can't qualify an ice dance team for the individual event since there are only 5 quota spots in total available for the TE.

Andrea82

Oy. That's going to get messy for countries hoping to qualify for the TE if Japan can't qualify an ice dance team for the individual event since there are only 5 quota spots in total available for the TE.
How is it worded? Skaters or quotas? Because if it is skaters, 2 Japanese ice dancers and 2 Korean pair skaters (if they find someone...and give him/her a snap citizenship) would already take 4 out of 5 spots.

Karen-W

How is it worded? Skaters or quotas? Because if it is skaters, 2 Japanese ice dancers and 2 Korean pair skaters (if they find someone...and give him/her a snap citizenship) would already take 4 out of 5 spots.
Skaters - 5 athletes total can be added for just the TE. So a dance or pairs team takes up 2 spots.

I have a projected TE qualifiers spreadsheet on the home laptop and it's going to be tough, I think, for 10 countries to qualify and field entries in all 4 disciplines.

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting here from the Georgian news thread in GSD ... Maria Kazakova just announced her split from Georgy Reviya (April 22): https://www.instagram.com/p/C6E3rJ-okqX/
hello everyone! I have news for you. My journey with Giorgi is over. I am grateful for this experience and I want to say thank you. A new stage in my life is coming. I don't want to give up and I want to continue my career. Therefore, I am looking for a new partner and I will be grateful for the maximum repost of this information. Hello, a new chapter in my life. I'm open to everything! and I take a step forward with my eyes wide open. see you soon;)

Dobre

Well, we knew something wasn't right with K&K missing so much of this season. (I would not be surprised to see the current junior team make it to the Olympic team event).

As for Reviya, if he's done due to injury, that is a career that ended too early. (Like Thauron).

Opens a door in Georgia. Not a wide open door, with Davis & Smolkin not yet in the top ten; but I am a bit curious whether Morozov & partner will throw the towel in on Russia & France and decide Georgia is the more promising route for them also.

Bigbird

Well, we knew something wasn't right with K&K missing so much of this season. (I would not be surprised to see the current junior team make it to the Olympic team event).

As for Reviya, if he's done due to injury, that is a career that ended too early. (Like Thauron).

Opens a door in Georgia. Not a wide open door, with Davis & Smolkin not yet in the top ten; but I am a bit curious whether Morozov & partner will throw the towel in on Russia & France and decide Georgia is the more promising route for them also.
They don't have the right parent. And in all fairness Smolkin is much better than Igor. Davis is very weak, but it is a very uphill task to hide the skills of the male partner, case in point the success of S/K, its easier to hide behind a good made lead when he isn't making a mess. Its a bitter pill to swallow but I don't know realistically if Anabelle and partner have a chance anywhere. Just too many roadblocks, but if they can find a way more power to them. Is the environment so toxic in Russia? The prize money is good right? Much more competition?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information