The Dance Hall 11: Movin' On Up 2023-2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurokis40

Good I predict Gold for G&P and Silver for the Italians , A technical panel that will actually score Chock and Bates`s Technical faults and lack of ice coverage , non Judy Blumberg or David Molina to save them this time.

Debbie S

Given the +5/-5 GOE scale that basically gives all the power to the judges, the tech panel may not matter much. We may end up with the top 4 or 5 teams all getting L4's and the tech panel will just leave it up to the judges.

Dobre

What does this mean exactly?
To me, this Worlds is exactly the kind of event the rule about avoiding having the top 5 countries represented on the tech panel was made for. It's a Canadian home Worlds. There's already a huge advantage with the crowd & less travel time. It shouldn't be compounded. And there ought to be plenty of options for the tech panel because it's Worlds & so many countries are involved & invested.

(I happen to like Gilles & Poirier's FD better than Chock & Bates's this season. I prefer C&B's RD. And I'm actually rooting for Guignard & Fabbri above both of those teams; but personal preferences aren't the point. The point is that the rule was made for a reason, and here is the prime moment when it could really be useful to maintain balance but instead they choose this Worlds to throw logic out the door).

Last edited:

Bigbird

To me, this Worlds is exactly the kind of event the rule about avoiding having the top 5 countries represented on the tech panel was made for. It's a Canadian home Worlds. There's already a huge advantage with the crowd & less travel time. It shouldn't be compounded. And there ought to be plenty of options for the tech panel because it's Worlds & so many countries are involved & invested.

(I happen to like Gilles & Poirier's FD better than Chock & Bates's this season. I prefer C&B's RD. And I'm actually rooting for Guignard & Fabbri above both of those teams; but personal preferences aren't the point. The point is that the rule was made for a reason, and here is the prime moment when it could really be useful to maintain balance but instead they choose this Worlds to throw logic out the door).
But on the other hand the heightened expectations could make everyone jittery somewhat right? I am not really a fan of either C/B or G/P, but the latter in my opinion have the better programs. TBH, I'm still waiting to be surprised...hope this is a great championship. If I had a horse in the race though, I would be more sympathetic. Dance just seems more like a very subjective beauty contest. My hope in the future they make it more objective and technically demanding. Right now the rules are used by the judges to do whatever their hearts desire. So to be honest not very invested in the result.

CassAgain

Does the draw happen now? I can’t wait to watch but will probably have to do so between fingers covering my face. 36—>20:yikes:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Does the draw happen now? I can’t wait to watch but will probably have to do so between fingers covering my face. 36—>20:yikes:
The draw is up. Not good for Davis or CarPom skating first in their groups. It all ends with the Brits.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
The draw is up. Not good for Davis or CarPom skating first in their groups. It all ends with the Brits.
CarPon were only ever going to skate 1st or 2nd in their group based on their WS, but I don't think it's a huge problem for them. Without major errors from LagLag, LopBri and ReedAmbru the only team they were looking to move ahead of this week is TurkVer and TurkVer are skating right after them so CarPon should be fine.

litenkyckling

I’m not sure it’s that bad for CP to be completely honest - I actually think the worst spot is for RA because they have to go after LaLa and if they score like they have this season so far then the arena will erupt

Karen-W

I’m not sure it’s that bad for CP to be completely honest - I actually think the worst spot is for RA because they have to go after LaLa and if they score like they have this season so far then the arena will erupt
It could be worse for ReedAmbru - they at least have the buffer of LopBri skating between them and LajLag.

I think that GuiFab have it the toughest - sandwiched between GilPoir and ChoBat.

Sylvia

TBD
Inserting a Junior Ice Dance split here as Worlds competition begins... Brazil’s Catharina Guedes Tibau, 17, announced yesterday that her and (Canadian-born 18-year-old) Cayden Dawson's "... goals are no longer aligned and our careers together ends here. Wishing Cayden all the best in whatever he decides to do in the future.": https://www.instagram.com/p/C4y_IdFr1Te/
Their ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00113822.htm

Andrea82

Mark just announced on the FD stream that next season the RD theme will be 50s, 60s & 70s! Thank goodness the IDTC tightened up the "Dance Party 20th Century" into something a bit more cohesive.
Must be a super new development. In the post-RD interview yesterday, Orihara was still talking about the whole century: "But challenging to pick from 100 years of music."

Karen-W

Oh boy - Mark just told us that the Olympic season is 21st century.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I'd always hoped a team would do something with the Kronos Quartet's rendition of Esquivel's "Mini Skirt," which was written in the late '60's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information