2022 Skate America

smurfy

Although SCOB has a ticket ordering mechanism on its website, I've only ordered tickets with a general admission description. Not sure if USFSA will rely on the club website/box office to fulfill ticket orders based on an available seating chart or they will farm this out to Ticketmaster. Has anyone gone to an event with tickets sold by seating chart?
I went to the Gala in Dec and it was assigned seating. It was through SCOB's website - just looked at the email it included the email version of the assigned seats. I know I picked the seats.

Yuri

The NFL schedule normally is released a couple weeks after the NFL Draft which takes place from April 28-30. It's normally on a weeknight, so the best guesses for the NFL schedule currently are May 10-12. A Patriots home game would be a disaster!
The NFL just announced it will release the schedule for the 2022 season on the evening of Thursday, May 12th.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
They must be getting bombarded. @smurfy responded that the last event he or she attended used the assigned seating mechanism, so it appears that they could well handle the ticketing.
They may need to make alternative arrangements for servers, though, as the previous ticket sales were mostly "trickle". I imagine that the SkAm ticket process might require technology that supports more simultaneous sessions.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
They made need to make alternative arrangements for servers, though, as the previous ticket sales were mostly "trickle". I imagine that the SkAm ticket process might require technology that supports more simultaneous sessions.
If I had to bet money, I'd bet they'll use Ticketmaster. :D

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Oh no, not TicketBastard :scream:
I can just see them holding back tickets from an already small number and then putting those up for sale at $$$$ prices on their "best available" section.....(and yes they have done this with concert tickets at other venues).

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
One of my small thrifty habits (I don’t have many) is GOING to Kennedy Center or National theater or really anywhere in the city to buy tickets at the box office. Not only do I save $10-$30 but sticking it to the ticketing services is so pleasant.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Got my tickets through the FOFS presale! The seat map is not detailed to show where the judges sit, but I found a map on the SCOB website from Theater on Ice that showed officials in front of sections 114-115 so I assume they will be there again. The closest row I could get in 114 was row H. Everything below it was blocked out. With the fees the ticket was $253.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Got my tickets through the FOFS presale! The seat map is not detailed to show where the judges sit, but I found a map on the SCOB website from Theater on Ice that showed officials in front of sections 114-115 so I assume they will be there again. The closest row I could get in 114 was row H. Everything below it was blocked out. With the fees the ticket was $253.

Ohhhhh. I'm so jealous of y'all for being insiders! ;)

alizadavida

do you mind sharing the seating map?

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Close to a major airport, venue within walking distance to hotels and dining and no need for a car. I loathe driving, especially at night after a long day of watching skating. I like it in Vegas because of those factors but not sure I would go every year as I generally dislike Vegas (although off strip has been enjoyable).

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Cheap hotels close to the arena and direct flights. I’d go to Chicago or Detroit but not to the west coast. And never Vegas. It’s one city where my loathing is greater than my love of live skating.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
The arena in Hoffman Estates worked well from accessibility (air, train). hotel and restaurant perspectives.
I wouldn't vote for Hoffman Estates because I had to get a long distance shuttle from the airport ($50 at the time? something like that) and there is only one hotel within walking distance and while I don't mind a walk, it was a little longer walk than a lot of people would like, and if the weather is shaky it's an uncomfortable walk.

sk9tingfan

BTW, I was making my hotel reservations using the spectator special rates provided. Please note that the stated rates are based on a 5 night stay and may go up substantially with a shorter stay. Buyer Beware!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information