2023 Finlandia Trophy - Women's SP & FS

Hedwig

Antique member
Anna PEZZETTA

3z sky high 2t wobble
2a nice
3f very nice
I love her high jumps and her attack
reminds me a bit of a young Kaori - not yet refinded but strong jumps and no frills like Kaori at that age

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
She does look anxious, although that’s a gorgeous dress.

ETA: we need @Karen-W for costume descriptions.
Sorry but my pbp contributions are going to be severely limited, I'm afraid. I got really sick with chills and shivers that WOULD not stop for about 4 hours on Tuesday evening and I think, during that time, I must have banged my left calf/shin against the coffee table repeatedly to the point where my leg has been fairly swollen and painful to deal with - some of the swelling is finally going down and I can see bruising starting to appear but even doing the one group of Pairs pbp this morning was super-taxing.

ETA - the chills/shivers seems to have struck at least two of my co-workers this week too on Tuesday night. Very strange occurrence.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Sorry but my pbp contributions are going to be severely limited, I'm afraid. I got really sick with chills and shivers that WOULD not stop for about 4 hours on Tuesday evening and I think, during that time, I must have banged my left calf/shin against the coffee table repeatedly to the point where my leg has been fairly swollen and painful to deal with - some of the swelling is finally going down and I can see bruising starting to appear but even doing the one group of Pairs pbp this morning was super-taxing.

ETA - the chills/shivers seems to have struck at least two of my co-workers this week too on Tuesday night. Very strange occurrence.
FWIW that’s exactly what I had when I thought it was Covid. I was spiking a high fever three days in a row, wearing a sweatshirt under a blanket and was really weak. Now how it got from Israel to Oregon I have no idea.

Hedwig

Antique member
FYI - I am leaving after Gomez to see gymnastics AA final (to be honest, too much tv today, I already feel strange), so from Gubanova onwards we need a new pbp person (and if we have several at once that is never a problem, IMO - I like reading different points of view)

Karen-W

FWIW that’s exactly what I had when I thought it was Covid. I was spiking a high fever three days in a row and was really weak. Now how it got from Israel to Oregon I have no idea.
I didn't have a fever. I woke up with a sore throat on Sunday and nursed it enough to be functional at work on Monday and was feeling great until Tuesday around 7:30pm. My co-worker, on the other hand developed a fever after and has also been out the rest of this week. We both were so cold we were wrapped up in all of our blankets and still couldn't get warm. I did wonder if it was my first bout of Covid after all these years, though, lol.

Karen-W

Well I’m going to switch over to final group in Yerevan at some point but I’m also a Ziegler fan because I never learn my lesson about US ladies.
Yeah, I'll be switching over to Yerevan for the last group there.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
That's a great program for Ziegler. Lets her bring the sass. Got the jumps landed, though her combo was wonky.

@PRlady, I feel the skategods are building us up today just to dump us hard tomorrow. :lol:

Hedwig

Antique member
Ava Marie Ziegler

3z3t<< step out
3f nice
stumble in the footwork - at least the third today??? What is the matter with the step sequences?

Hers is very nice, though
2a out of spread eagle

very pleasant skate all in all, goog musicality, gorgeous dress

Colonel Green

Ava’s short program music is a song I mostly associate with Daleman’s struggles, so it was nice to see a clean-ish performance.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I didn't have a fever. I woke up with a sore throat on Sunday and nursed it enough to be functional at work on Monday and was feeling great until Tuesday around 7:30pm. My co-worker, on the other hand developed a fever after and has also been out the rest of this week. We both were so cold we were wrapped up in all of our blankets and still couldn't get warm. I did wonder if it was my first bout of Covid after all these years, though, lol.
My sister had it fairly recently and never had a fever but had the other symptoms. If you're interested it might be worth a test, but if you are avoiding exposure to others and feeling well enough it might not matter much haha.

Thanks to everyone for the pbp idk if I'll get around to watching any of this because I'm also not feeling well (but it's not illness just chronic pain lol).

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Ava Marie Ziegler

3z3t<< step out
3f nice
stumble in the footwork - at least the third today??? What is the matter with the step sequences?

Hers is very nice, though
2a out of spread eagle

very pleasant skate all in all, goog musicality, gorgeous dress
In first. Tomorrow I’ll have my antacids handy…but I love her performance quality.

Hedwig

Antique member
Seoyeong WI

another "Oh I am such a pretty soft princess" program :blah:

2a
tinkly tinkly tinkly

3f fall
now that was the lowest butterfly entry into flying camel spin I ever saw
3l fall

Can we please burn all tinkly music within Korea NOW??!!

- So I am leaving now already - have fun with the rest - I need a short pause with fresh air before the next few hours of watching tv - oh the hard life of a sports fan :lol:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I much prefer Ava sass to Guba businesslike sexiness but the judges won’t.

And off to the Junior women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information