2023 Grand Prix Final - Womens FS: “Splat-uhachi”

Andrey aka Pushkin

Playing ping pong with balls of chocolate jam
I still don't understand how Yoshida lands anything, let alone a 3a with that jumping technique - she just closes her eyes, screams "Geronimo!" and takes off. But it's without any doubt by far the best skate so far, and not just in the jumps department. She's not as catatonic as Levito and not as unpolished as Sumiyoshi.

skatingguy

decently
Hana Yoshida 🇯🇵
Coach: Mie Hamada, Hiroaki Sato, Satsuki Muramoto
Music: Shakuhachi, La Terre vue du Ciel by A. Amar

3Aq
2A+3T
3Lo
Fly Ch Combo Spin 4
3F
3Lz+3T
Choreo Sequence
3Lz
3S+2A+2T+SEQ
Ch Combo Spin 4
Step Sequence
4 (3 after review)
Sit Spin 4

I love the use of the music through this program. Great skate, and nice to see her nail her triple Axel. The rest of the jumps looked really secure. This will be a challenge to the top 3 for the podium.

142.51 = 1st Place
203.16 = 1st Place

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Hana Yoshida fabulous! Not just the 3 axel but the glorious footwork & choreo elements! 🇯🇵

Andrey aka Pushkin

Well, Pinzarrone is consistent (not to jinx her or anything), which is the most desired quality in a female skater. But she's not really the level of GPF, sorry. Wishing her all the success in Kaunas (especially that her technique might not be enough to keep the jumps if she gains every 100 grams).

Colonel Green

Tech score will presumably drop a bit on the combination, at a minimum, but that was a very nice performance from Nina, especially steadying after an iffy first few elements. Not enough to stay on the podium, but sets her up nicely for the Euros podium.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Pinzarrone

Jumps already looking tight.

Can’t put my finger on it, but there’s something uniquely her in her skating style.

Will be interesting to watch her skating develop. Like Levito, she needs to fix her technique stat.

skatingguy

decently
Nina Pinzarrone 🇧🇪
Coach: Ans Bocklandt, Dmitri Ovchinnikov
Music: Sparatcus by A. Khachaturian

3Lzq - was supposed to a combo
3F
3S

3Lz+3T<
Fly Ch Combo Spin 4
3Lo+2A+2T+SEQ
3Lo+2T
2A
Ch Combo Spin 4
Choreo Sequence
Step Sequence
2 (3 after review)
Layback Spin 4

The comparison to Yoshida is not a positive one for Pinzarrone. She is not as fast, and doesn't generate as speed as easily - the cross overs are really working hard using the lower back. Nerves, perhaps, at the beginning of the program, but things got better as she went.

128.19 = 3rd Place
194.91 = 2nd Place

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Nina P - total joy & beauty! I absolutely live for that slow middle tune by Khachaturian, not often used in Spartacus programs.

Andrey aka Pushkin

I'm sure Madonna is now watching Loena and thinking "ah, ooh-la-la - that's what was missing to make Vogue perfect!"

skatingguy

decently
Loena Hendrickx 🇧🇪
Coach: Jorik Hendrickx
Music: Break My Soul (The Queens Remix)

3Lz+3T
2A
3F
2A
Ch Combo Spin 4
Choreo Sequence

2Lz - step out
3Fq+2T+2Lo - tight landing, no flow

3S+2T
Fly Ch Combo Spin 3
Step Sequence 3

Layback Spin 4

Love this program, but the jumps were a struggle. Lots of reviews upcoming.

130.11 = 3rd Place
203.36 = 1st Place

Last edited:

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Should go behind Yoshida in the overall standings, or maybe I just can't stand this program. The Tut-style "spiral"/leg kick right on "strike a pose" was infuriating.

Last edited:

Colonel Green

I had initially thought she had enough of a short program lead to keep ahead of Yoshida, but the Lutz pop is a bit of a killer there when she only has six triples planned to Yoshida's eight. But much better than the previous Grand Prix Final free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information