2023 Grand Prix Final - Womens SP “Yawning”

Andrey aka Pushkin

Playing ping pong with balls of chocolate jam
Pinzarrone is doing nothing to me. It's kind of unbelievable she's now the second best European lady, and a second one from Belgium. But I think her results are going to be super dependent on the technical panel, as there's zero chance she fully rotates any of her jumps.

Sexy Yoshida :scream:
It's kind of incredible that I probably watched her more than once this season, and still have absolutely zero memory as to who that is. But from now she's going to be the Kuku Yoshida, obviously. Her jumping technique is wild :eek: There's absolutely zero control, I don't understand how she lands anything. Kind of similar with Sumiyoshi whom I obviously saw as well, and don't have any memory of. Much cleaner technique but very little interest.

I love Loena, and not just because she's an OES who made it big. Her skating is so powerful and she's so sharp (normally). Not in this sp. Everything is slightly off. She looked heavy in her feet. I don't mind her programs btw, it's better than if she was trying to do a Swan Lake or something. She must be a blast at a club after a couple of drinks.

I don't mind Levito, but I don't see anything super special about her. I kind of like her weird programs this season, they are so unhinged it's actually enjoyable. But the ladies field is very weak this season and that's the only reason why this crop of US ladies is featured on the podium. From what I saw, Levito is the better of the bunch, and she'd be the lower half of top 10 at the worlds the last cycle.

Kaori is kind of in a league of her own this(and last) season. But it's a good thing she's already a world champion because her programs this season are just meh - they wouldn't have been a very good way to take the field by storm.

This SP felt very mediocre, but for the ladies' defence, I don't think these are actually the best 6 skaters this season: even though I'm physiologically incapable of differentiating the Korean girls, pretty much all of them are probably the third best lady in the world right now.

Tak

Kaori only needs 129 in the FP to beat the score of, realistically, the only challenger to her National title, Mao Shimada.
The unfortunate skates by Isabeau, Hana and Rion makes me wonder if ice in Beijing is a little different from the ice elsewhere.
Perhaps, the ice in Belgium may be similar.
Seasoned skaters like Kaori and Loena, know how to adjust according to prevailing ice conditions.
Just this season, Kao Miura had problems with American ice at Skate America. Since Japan Juniors was going on at the same time, Kao phoned a friend who was competing to find out how he did there. When his friend heard about Kao's problem, he asked his coach who used to train in USA to give him pointers. Kao said the suggestions given were spot-on and he did not have any more problems with the ice. The wise, USA ice savvy coach was Miki Ando.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Isabeau Levito 🇺🇸
Coach: J. Kuznetsova, O. Japaridze, E. Platov
Music: Yarning by Raul Ferrando

2Lz!* - invalid element
2A - squat landing
Fly Camel Spin 4
3Fq+2T - really had to work for it
Ch Combo Spin 3
Step Sequence 3

Layback Spin 4

Who is the favourite for US Nationals now? The event seems very open after the results of NHK, and this performance from Levito.

56.53 = 5th Place

I know interesting but I still think Isabeau is the favorite, although Amber had the highest short program score about three US ladies who competed today.

Lindsay and Ava are looking real strong

mtnskater

Isabeau has always been a rock of consistency. Something is really going on this year. She doesn’t look bigger or taller than last season. Injury?? Sophomore slump??? Her camp is always so quiet. Maybe this will spur some changes for her?? Nationals is really looking interesting 🧐

Kaori needs some competition 😁

Love Loena but score was a bit generous to me. Like Nina too.

So many mistakes. Lots of tight skating. Nothing like the great crop of men’s short programs here.

ETA: sounds like she is sick. But she also has strange things happen in her second GP similar to today…squat landings, off spins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information