2023 Skate America Pairs SP - The Best Little Code Whorehouse in Texas

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Starting Order:

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Isabelle MARTINS / Ryan BEDARD USA
2 Chelsea LIU / Balazs NAGY USA
3 Lia PEREIRA / Trennt MICHAUD CAN

Warm-Up Group 2
4 Irma CALDARA / Riccardo MAGLIO ITA
5 Anastasia VAIPAN-LAW / Luke DIGBY GBR
6 Valentina PLAZAS / Maximiliano FERNANDEZ USA
7 Annika HOCKE / Robert KUNKEL GER

Wedgie Data

Thread will be opened prior to start

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Dinner is done and DH is on clean up duty. I have 🍷 and 🍪 but may break out the salted caramel Kahlua for the men.

Last edited:

Amy L

I'd have to get a hotel so I'm still mulling it over if I want to spend that much money. My sister-in-law lives in Dallas but I don't think I can ask to crash at her place. What am I supposed to say, your mom drives me nuts so I had to flee the county :lol:

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Well the feed for me is freezing and when it isn't freezing there is no sound :(

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
So the ISU YouTube stream started with the darkened arena and the sounds the of the US anthem. Now there are stop and start highlights of some of the American skaters.

Sylvia

TBD
1 Isabelle MARTINS / Ryan BEDARD USA - In This Shirt by The Irrepressibles; choreo. by Rohene Ward
2 Chelsea LIU / Balazs NAGY USA - Dive by Ed Sheeran; choreo. by Adam Rippon & Christine Fowler-Binder
3 Lia PEREIRA / Trennt MICHAUD CAN - River by Bishop Briggs; choreo. by Alison Purkiss & Asher Hill

Warm-Up Group 2
4 Irma CALDARA / Riccardo MAGLIO ITA - Brotsjor by Olafur Arnalds / Iron by Woodkid; choreographers listed in ISU bio: Federica Bernardi, David Cipolleschi
5 Anastasia VAIPAN-LAW / Luke DIGBY GBR - Never Tear Us Apart by Bishop Briggs; choreo. by Mark Pillay
6 Valentina PLAZAS / Maximiliano FERNANDEZ USA - Rhapsody on A Theme of Paganini, Op43: Variation 11 & Variation 8 by Sergei Rachmaninoff; choreo. by Jim Peterson & Amanda Evora
7 Annika HOCKE / Robert KUNKEL GER - I Love Rock n Roll by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts / Voulez-Vous by Philip Michael, Christine Baranski, Julie Walters & Stellan Skarsgård; choreographers listed in their ISU bio: Anna Cappellini, Luca Lanotte

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I’m starting with the ISU stream from Luxembourg. Please let me know who’s commentating on the Peacock feed so I can choose the least painful experience.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Now we have the trumpets and introductions apparently. No commentary on the ISU stream so far and the CBC Gem stream hasn't started yet.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I'm waiting for The Karate Kid to end on E! - especially after the last hour where ATT decided to have major network connectivity issues to the point where I was connected to NO network and could only make emergency calls. It came back less than 10 minutes ago, thank God!

Oh, and I have some of my York peppermint patties stash as my only bit of celebratory food.

Commercials... and we've got skating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information