2024 US Nats Sr Rhythm Dance - Edge of Thirteen (teams)

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Wedgie Data

Starting Order

1 Cara Murphy/Joshua Levitt
2 Raffaella Koncius/Alexey Shchepetov
3 Klara Kowar/Thomas Schwappach
4 Isabella Flores/Ivan Desyatov
5 Katarina Wolfkostin/Dimitry Tsarevski
6 Angela Ling/Caleb Wein
7 Emilia Zingas/Vadym Kolesnik
8 Eva Pate/Logan Bye
9 Oona Brown/Gage Brown
10 Emily Bratti/Ian Somerville
11 Christina Carreira/Anthony Ponomarenko
12 Caroline Green/Michael Parsons
13 Madison Chock/Evan Bates

skatingguy

decently
USA coverage of US Nationals - Tara/Johnny commentary - though not sure if they will do Ice Dance.
No sign up
At the moment showing a repeat of Law & Order: SVU. Mariska Hargitay is an Ice Dance diva. :love:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
USA coverage of US Nationals - Tara/Johnny commentary - though not sure if they will do Ice Dance.
No sign up
At the moment showing a repeat of Law & Order: SVU. Mariska Hargitay is an Ice Dance diva. :love:

USA coverage starts at 5pm ET/2pm PT per my mom who is watching there rather than on Peacock.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Ben Agosto usually calls dance. Unfortunately with Johnny.
I know people used to get upset with Dick calling the wrong jumps sometimes in the 90s/00s but I still believe overall he was beloved. What did the US audience do to get stuck with Johnny for so many years at this point? Tara I can understand, she is Olympic gold medalist, world champion, and pretty well spoken. Johnny doesn't have any of those qualifications. He can pronounce Russian names maybe?

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I hope it’s Ben, but they may use him only on USA, not the stream. Fingers crossed.
Mise en place for supper is done. I hope the ice make is after group 1 as I still have a few things to prep.
And I wanted to open the Vennstone Pinot Noir for dance, but the cap wouldn’t budge. River Road it is.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I know people used to get upset with Dick calling the wrong jumps sometimes in the 90s/00s but I still believe overall he was beloved. What did the US audience do to get stuck with Johnny for so many years at this point? Tara I can understand, she is Olympic gold medalist, world champion, and pretty well spoken. Johnny doesn't have any of those qualifications.
No, he was just a 3-time US champ (two more than Tara has, ;)). We wound up with them after they did the live broadcasts in the mornings from Sochi and were so much more fun (and better) than Scott Hamilton. So, Scott wound up being let go and Tara & Johnny were promoted to the prime time gig and their commentary has become less and less good since.

genevieve

Staff member
I do prefer any of the current commentators to Scott and Sandra. Those two had voices made for silent films.

Overall, though - pretty sure all of the US commentators are told to do coverage in a way that actual fans are going to hate.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
No, he was just a 3-time US champ (two more than Tara has, ;)). We wound up with them after they did the live broadcasts in the mornings from Sochi and were so much more fun (and better) than Scott Hamilton. So, Scott wound up being let go and Tara & Johnny were promoted to the prime time gig and their commentary has become less and less good since.
That is it exactly. They sound like a morning show cackling away about nothing the entire time. I get it now. Thank you.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Is anything live? USA? Peacock still says Coverage Will Begin Shortly

Allen

Glad to be back!
Shew, I was afraid I was going to miss the rhythm dance. I had a thesis defense that was supposed to be over at 3:00, but the candidate melted down seven times and then it took 30 minutes to convince one of the committee members to pass her because they found it unprofessional that she melted down even though she knew the material and her thesis is of high quality. So, I'm ready for some ice dance for sure.

genevieve

Staff member
which of these teams are going to give me '80s realness? anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information