2024 US Nats Free Dance - Prevagen: The Story of a KnC Tragedy

once_upon

Better off than 2020
So when someone comes to your office and is so sick they can't do their job, look feverish and ready to puke on your desk, you are super cool with that?

Sally1214

So when someone comes to your office and is so sick they can't do their job, look feverish and ready to puke on your desk, you are super cool with that?
That would be a hard "NO" from me. First choice: stay home. If that is absolutely impossible: WEAR A MASK. It's not rocket science. People in Asia have been doing this for decades ... out of respect for OTHER people.

Sarah

I have given serious thought to this, and you guys ... ASHLEY manifested this. It was her all along. Didn't she predict movement in the 2-4 spots? :EVILLE: She's probably been in here snickering knowingly the whole time!
All this time we’ve been blaming Igor when it’s obviously Ashley’s fault!

peibeck

Simply looking
Oh FFS, can the entire plane have them charged with manslaughter when they get the whole plane ill.

Selfish, selfish brats.

I get you don't like them but... they don't have Covid. But there were skaters at 2022 Nationals in Nashville who competed who did, and a few who came down with it immediately after. Are Amber and Alyssa and Mariah also selfish, selfish brats and potential murderers? Sorry. I just think that's way over the top. 🤷‍♂️

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I get you don't like them but... they don't have Covid. But there were skaters at 2022 Nationals in Nashville who competed who did, and a few who came down with it immediately after. Are Amber and Alyssa and Mariah also selfish, selfish brats and potential murderers? Sorry. I just think that's way over the top. 🤷‍♂️
This has zero, zero to do with whether or not I like them. It has everything to do with infection control.

They have titles, they don't need any more.

They know they are sick, covid or no, they are sick. They are sick. Do you go to work sick? Do you go into work knowing you will be in a confined space with 200 or 300 other people who are unable to leave the room?

To your question - yes. If they deliberately got on a plane knowing they were sick.

Even if my favorite team was sick and about to jump on a plane - I'd say the same thing.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
People, they have the flu or food poisoning, not bubonic plague. I didn’t get to interview my fellow passengers in my last 12 hour flight about their health status and no one was masked. For that matter, I was sick flying to Israel in late August, probably past contagious (and if it was a sinus infection, definitely not)but people hearing me cough couldn’t know that.

I don’t think ChoBat should go if they think they’re too sick to skate well, because it’s not in their interest.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
You don't know what they need or don't need. You don't know their financial situation, contractual obligations, or career strategies. Give it a rest.

You know - they have many career opportunities - coaching, choreography, fashion design, cruise ships (I believe many have suggested that for other skaters).

You may have never watched someone die of infectious diseases. Something that could be prevented if someone known to be sick chose the right thing and stayed home.

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Eh... I think ChoBat should WD from 4CCs - not because of whatever germs they might pass around on the plane but because they're going to be very vulnerable to losing if they're not 100% and let's not pretend that Skate Canada won't try to capitalize on this advantage. Better to WD and not go into Montreal with a loss to GilPoir.

Jammers

What is this sudden fear of germs people acting like these illnesses haven't been around since man was walking upright on this planet. You do have something called an immune system. I guess Michael Jordan should have sat out game 5 in 1997 because of how sick he was what a selfish bastard winning that game for the Bulls. 😂

Allen

Glad to be back!
That would be a hard "NO" from me. First choice: stay home. If that is absolutely impossible: WEAR A MASK. It's not rocket science. People in Asia have been doing this for decades ... out of respect for OTHER people.
I had a student show up coughing in my class during Swine Flu and I asked her to leave class that day. She was fine with it and we are actually still in touch. However, another student got extremely upset about it and went to the dean of students. The dean looked at him and said something along the lines of, so you are telling me that you would have rather she stayed in the room and potentially given you Swine Flu? That student never took another one of my classes.

Last edited:

Sally1214

I had a student show up coughing in my class during Swine Flu and I asked her to leave class that day. She was fine with it and we are actually still in touch. However, another student got extremely upset about it and went to the dean of students. The dean looked at him and said something along the lines of, so you are telling me that you would have rather stayed in the room and potentially given you Swine Flu? That student never took another one of my classes.
You and the dean did the right thing. It's incredibly selfish and inconsiderate of people who are sick to knowingly expose others to their illness when it's unnecessary. There was no need for Chock/Bates to skate today. They were going to Worlds anyway. Now,
Patrice gets it from them, he gives it to Marie-France and all the elite skaters at their training facility are exposed to the virus. No need for that at all.

peibeck

Simply looking
You and the dean did the right thing. It's incredibly selfish and inconsiderate of people who are sick to knowingly expose others to their illness when it's unnecessary. There was no need for Chock/Bates to skate today. They were going to Worlds anyway. Now,
Patrice gets it from them, he gives it to Marie-France and all the elite skaters at their training facility are exposed to the virus. No need for that at all.

How do you know Marie-France didn't pass it to Patrice who then passed it on to Chock/Bates; after all they have a kid (or kids?), and lord knows rugrats are the biggest germ passers out there? Speculation is just going to be a vicious circle.

It's still possible C/B could withdraw if they are worse after traveling. Or they could sleep for all of their 15 hour flight and be better.

And it's China... this news is out there... and they could potentially quarantine them on arrival!

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
How do you know Marie-France didn't pass it to Patrice who then passed it on to Chock/Bates; after all they have a kid (or kids?), and lord knows rugrats are the biggest germ passers out there? Speculation is just going to be a vicious circle.

It's still possible C/B could withdraw if they are worse after traveling. Or they could sleep for all of their 15 hour flight and be better.

And it's China... this news is out there... and they could potentially quarantine them on arrival!
in my au madi hubbell passed it on to them through a banana as revenge for past wrongs

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
in my au madi hubbell passed it on to them through a banana as revenge for past wrongs

you don't spend as much time volunteering for the world's premier fanfiction website as I do without picking up some wild plot ideas
Oh, come on... if she passed it along to them through a banana, are we sure it's just the flu? ;)

leilaofpaper

I think Chock and Bates should have withdrawn. The other teams who are going to 4CCs could have easily caught whatever they had, and then that would affect their ability to do well there on top of an already short turnaround.

Not everyone responds the same way to illness. It’s one thing to unknowingly pass on an illness to someone else, it’s another thing to be certain you’re sick and go into an environment like that willingly.

They already have a Nationals title, this isn’t an Olympic season. There’s no good reason for why they had to stay in. We’ve just gone through a pandemic, I think it’s common courtesy to stay away from others when you’re unwell.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I am so thrilled for Bratti/Sommerville, but I'm gutted for the Browns and Green/Parsons. Joel Dear had a "My days are numbered" look on his face in KnC. I keep forgetting that Green/Parsons made a huge switch from their life-long coaches last season. They knew Lajoie/Lagha would have been formidable competition this year, but they really got hit hard by the sophomore slump.

It's a good thing I finished my Emotional Support Chicken today. Betty Egg White was here for the save.

peibeck

Simply looking
I think Chock and Bates should have withdrawn. The other teams who are going to 4CCs could have easily caught whatever they had, and then that would affect their ability to do well there on top of an already short turnaround.

Not everyone responds the same way to illness. It’s one thing to unknowingly pass on an illness to someone else, it’s another thing to be certain you’re sick and go into an environment like that willingly.

They already have a Nationals title, this isn’t an Olympic season. There’s no good reason for why they had to stay in. We’ve just gone through a pandemic, I think it’s common courtesy to stay away from others when you’re unwell.

In the General Skating thread it's already posted they are going to 4CC. Patrice said it's a fast passing bug and Madison is already feeling well and Evan is also already on the mend. And apparently they won Worlds last year with a stomach bug as well.

But please let's all keep slandering them or calling for them to be charged with manslaughter. Such a mature look, FSU. 🙃

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information