2024 US Nats Free Dance - Prevagen: The Story of a KnC Tragedy

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I will say that although I wish Madi and Evan had put on a mask during the interview and awards ceremony, competing while sick (whether right or wrong) is fairly normal even at the young levels. I can’t tell you the number of kids who play soccer/do gymnastics with my kids that come to games sick. While I think they should have at least taken some precautions out there, “to push through” is pretty common in our culture.
I could never be an athlete. Too much sense of self-preservation. (Plus zero athletic ability. :D )

skatfan

I usually say to just let the sickness run its course but my son had a gymnastics meet (now I sound like a crazy parent) and we were flying to it that weekend. It still took about 24 hours for him to feel completely better but he was extremely ill as well.

Have they said they’re not going to China? Like I can’t imagine they are, but crazier things have happened!
I’m sure someone will ask at the Press Conference (still waiting to start)

Apparently they plan to go to 4CCs because they’re sprinting them from the press conference to rest up for travel.

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
Her free foot went down mid-second sequence. They were both a mess through it.

And I just rewatched it, she was all over the place on her toe on the first sequence as well.

I think it was called base because she didn’t get two full proper rotations on the second set. The rest was sloppy, but seemingly enough rotation and additional features to get at least Level 1.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Yikes... The USFS media person just said questions for ChoBat first so they can leave ASAP and rest before their flight for 4CCs... Yeesh. Please put ZingKol on the flight too.
On a different flight, otherwise yes.

Edit: Just see post above mine. :lol:

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
tbh I don't get the impression that they were trying to say they might retire but more that they have an awareness that they are getting older and anything can happen so they need to take all the opportunities they have

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
tbh I don't get the impression that they were trying to say they might retire but more that they have an awareness that they are getting older and anything can happen so they need to take all the opportunities they have
Which is probably how they’re rationalizing stepping on a plane with the flu.

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas

That’s a succinct way of putting it. With a day-to-day approach they’re cognizant they might not realize they’re at their “last” since it’s not telegraphed in their prep.

Do we actually know what they have? “Flu” has become synonymous with stomach issues/cold/etc. It’s hard to sus out.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I have given serious thought to this, and you guys ... ASHLEY manifested this. It was her all along. Didn't she predict movement in the 2-4 spots? :EVILLE: She's probably been in here snickering knowingly the whole time!
ashley I have seen what you did for ice dance and now I need you to pull through for our king of the pizza, torgy

Badams

I have skipped a bunch of pages. But seriously, did covid teach us nothing? I love Chock and Bates. But seriously, you're Chock and Bates. Call in sick. You win no points with me. Don't be stupid. Get healthy and don't share you germs.

Barbara Manatee

Musing about "if this is the last time we compete" mid-season and mid-quad seems like an odd strategy though, especially in dance where politics and perception are so important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information