Entries

skatingguy

decently
This list was updated today because McNamara/Spiridonov have withdrawn.

Senior Women
Senior Men
Senior Pairs
Senior Ice Dance

peibeck

Simply looking
Given M/S's results on the GP series, being well outscored by other American ice dance teams, it seems like they probably would have really dropped in placement at Nationals. Even some of the teams who qualified looked likely to pass them this year.

I felt like they had potential, but nothing ever gelled for them.

Andrey aka Pushkin

Playing ping pong with balls of chocolate jam
What's up with all these international skaters suddenly becoming Americans? Shouldn't it work the other direction - 2nd rate US skaters representing obscure European countries, like God intended? :confused:

We have Paniot, Samohin, Efimova, Nagy, Parkman - and these only the ones whom I recognize without googling. Keep your greedy capitalist hands off the OES! :drama:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
What's up with all these international skaters suddenly becoming Americans? Shouldn't it work the other direction - 2nd rate US skaters representing obscure European countries, like God intended? :confused:

We have Paniot, Samohin, Efimova, Nagy, Parkman - and these only the ones whom I recognize without googling. Keep your greedy capitalist hands off the OES! :drama:
Hey, it's not our fault their former feds can't keep them and they'd rather skate for us. ;)

Skate Talker

What I don't get is why Euros and Four Continents were so early this year. It really messed with Canadian & US nationals. IIRC Euros was usually very close to the end of January and Four Continents 2 weeks later in February. Add in YOG and it's too much all at once. Is the ISU trying to pressure Canada & US to move their nationals to December?

skatingguy

decently
What I don't get is why Euros and Four Continents were so early this year. It really messed with Canadian & US nationals. IIRC Euros was usually very close to the end of January and Four Continents 2 weeks later in February. Add in YOG and it's too much all at once. Is the ISU trying to pressure Canada & US to move their nationals to December?
Important to note that the dates of Four Continents, and European Championships were not the dates that the ISU wanted, but were the dates proposed by the winning bids. For Four Continents in particular, the original dates proposed were not matched by either bid for the event.

Vagabond

Samohin wanted to represent a country where he could speak the language. :shuffle:

Amy L

:confused:

The number is even higher when you count juniors: Lewer and Galbavy in pairs, Markelov in dance. Just think - it's actually a plus for the OES currently competing. Many of those skaters don't have a release from their old feds yet so you won't see them internationally for a while.

Stephanie

The number is even higher when you count juniors: Lewer and Galbavy in pairs, Markelov in dance. Just think - it's actually a plus for the OES currently competing. Many of those skaters don't have a release from their old feds yet so you won't see them internationally for a while.
Lewer isn't OES! He's Australian, so I guess OOS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information