Carreira/Ponomarenko Need a Cheer Thread

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Only a day behind lol, but here's their rd from Grand Prix de France.

Honestly it's a pretty good outing. Anthony's twizzles got downgraded to lvl 2 which I thought was a little harsh based on what we could see and other twizzles lol. Oh well. They ended up exactly where I thought they would in placements, and they are consistently getting some of the higher scored step sequences in the last few competitions. Here their pattern step was the 3rd ranked one and their midline steps were the 2nd ranked one (behind G/F).

ccpompom

Only a day behind lol, but here's their rd from Grand Prix de France.

Honestly it's a pretty good outing. Anthony's twizzles got downgraded to lvl 2 which I thought was a little harsh based on what we could see and other twizzles lol. Oh well. They ended up exactly where I thought they would in placements, and they are consistently getting some of the higher scored step sequences in the last few competitions. Here their pattern step was the 3rd ranked one and their midline steps were the 2nd ranked one (behind G/F).
And I have to add their one foot in the free dance was the 2nd ranked behind gf! They have also consistently been getting their levels in the step sequences across panels so the training is there. in my opinion, they need to max their goe bc that's where they're losing

Rukia

And I have to add their one foot in the free dance was the 2nd ranked behind gf! They have also consistently been getting their levels in the step sequences across panels so the training is there. in my opinion, they need to max their goe bc that's where they're losing
Yes, I agree. I'm just pleased with their step seq work. I do think their lifts are often not getting the goe other lifts are. Something to work on there.

Also here's the fd as well!

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I was just thinking his twizzles look more secure during a gala number, and then he falls AFTER them. Oh, Anthony. :rofl:

litenkyckling

What a great set of performances they put out this weekend! They have come so far since 2021, so looking forward to seeing them contnue to grow.

Ridiculously unscored though - quite how the Finns are that much better is a mystery to me. They really did get rubbish assignments, arguably the most difficult in terms of hometown teams that are National #1's that will always get that advantage. Fingers crossed for better luck next year.

I think they more than deserved that 5+point gap to Z/K - despite what some people have to say (that could be me just feeling irritable though because I still feel like Z/K are getting shoved down my throat by media etc)

Rukia

Getting those levels are so impressive to me! People like to knock Anthony's skating right now but he still managed the same level on one foot at the men in the teams above them and got a lvl 3 on the circular steps. Also their lvl 4 pattern step in the rd and Christina getting a lvl 4 on the circular step today. They are putting in the work for sure.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
What a powerful performance! People go on about "storytelling" in this sport till the word has almost lost all meaning, but THAT was storytelling, and it was the best they've ever done it. Breathtaking. :respec:
I absolutely love the storytelling they give us on this FD. It might be my favorite program of theirs ever (and I quite liked their FD last season).

litenkyckling

I know the season is only halfway through, but very interested to know what the RD will be next year. I can’t wait to see them tackle a tango RD again because they were great in 2018/19 and with the intensity they bring now I think they could really stand out. I also think that Christina’s carriage this season has made me really want to see them in a waltz RD too.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Happy 23rd birthday to Anthony!

From Christina:
"Happy birthday!! @anthony.ponomarenko
I’m so happy I get to travel the world with you! Couldn’t ask for a better friend and partner to go on this crazy adventure with🫶🏻
Can’t wait to make more memories this year🥳"

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information