Carreira/Ponomarenko Need a Cheer Thread

jao86

the fix is in
I suspect they're going to get a big push next week and at Worlds. I really wouldn't be surprised if they beat FBSoer next week. And I kind of think both they and LajLag will beat FBSoer at Worlds - 5th & 6th.

Honestly, it's about time. I think both teams have suffered being stuck behind the old guard. It's time for the next generation to compete against each other. The Olympics can't come soon enough. I'm looking forward to the 2026-2030 quad.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
From the press conference:

"Christina Carreira said that it took her three days to watch Perfume: The Movie, because it was so dark. When Anthony Ponomarenko heard this, he decided not to watch the movie and do his own interpretation of the theme!"

I get it, Anthony, I get it. :yikes:
lol yeah I watched the press conference and Anthony was just like "Yeah when I heard it took her 3 days to watch it I decided not to." Perfect partnership! One who can watch scary movies and one who can't.

Spiralgraph

How close is Christina to getting her US citizenship? If she has to go through all the hoops poor Tanith went through I'll be annoyed.

Rukia

litenkyckling

Rukia

I am still basking in the joy of their programs at Nationals. They were my north star when everything else was kinda crappy. I doubt any other skater at Nationals was as happy as they were. and from what i saw i think that's a true statement.
3eb9a9695cada8528c2d0471ea33c5dabac52ef0.gifv

sap5

I also liked this exchange that I missed watching Peacock:

Scott seems like a very thoughtful coach who is really invested in these two as skaters and people. This just seems like a perfect meshing of personalities and skating.
I always had faith that Scott would be able to turn things around for C/P, even after the team seemingly bombed with him after the first year. He knows how to surround himself with the best people to help get the job done, and the best people wouldn't come to him if they thought he wasn't worth working with.

ccpompom

"we're US #1 here" lol it's like they suddenly have a newfound confidence because they were so unnecessarily modest in the past. I think this is all Scott's influence 😶 Can we talk about the fact they considered us nats RD safe?? I personally thought this performance was safe and the nats one was sharper.

Rukia

"we're US #1 here" lol it's like they suddenly have a newfound confidence because they were so unnecessarily modest in the past. I think this is all Scott's influence 😶 Can we talk about the fact they considered us nats RD safe?? I personally thought this performance was safe and the nats one was sharper.
I do think they look a little less sharp, but I also think a lot of that has to do with having competed last week too. Just one more skate then they can take a nap lol.

Very excited to see how they progress by worlds.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Agree. I thought they were on fire last week and yesterday was slightly weaker. But I can also see how what Anthony said makes sense - like they attacked the RD this week more (leading to the slight issue on the twizzles) whereas last week they were laser-focused and maybe didn't attack with the same ferocity.

litenkyckling

congrats to them for another championship medal! Although today wasn't perfect, I think that the mistake didn't impact the rest of the performance and overall it was pretty good. Everything crossed for them that they have a great world's. Only 1 competition left this year and I think that overall - what a season so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information