Carreira/Ponomarenko Need a Cheer Thread

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Gosh that really was a hard competition for them. I think they just gave so much at US Nats and were exhausted here. But it's ok! They got that medal.

I was very appreciative of both Scott and Anthony for trying to assure Christina it was ok afterwards (before they got the scores). You can tell she thought she had lost this for them. Anyway they got some tired, troublesome skates out of the way here and can really be ready for worlds.

Rukia

Oh I thought of one more thing I wanted to point out.

Except for the twizzles, their elements actually scored really well. Getting the #1 score on one foot is kind of huge? I think it really shows how much they have improved technically. Idk everyone is freaking out about their score and I'm actually feeling good about where they are lol.

sap5

Oh I thought of one more thing I wanted to point out.

Except for the twizzles, their elements actually scored really well. Getting the #1 score on one foot is kind of huge? I think it really shows how much they have improved technically. Idk everyone is freaking out about their score and I'm actually feeling good about where they are lol.
I think the surprise is they were hit so hard in the scores for a relatively small error?

ETA: I see— it looks like the drop was completely in the level?

angi

ETA: I see— it looks like the drop was completely in the level?
I think without the twizzles error they would have scored 2-2.5 points higher which is good but considering how European teams scored at Euros is still not good enough.
I think for me the concern is that if USFS won't push them at worlds, US will lose their 3rd spot and CPom will take the heat for it (though I think no other team can potentially outscore them tbh). It's just going to be tricky to break into top 12 with the 6 GPF teams, R/A, L/B, Taschlers, and the FINs. Then you also have D/S who get ridiculous scores and the second French who have been scoring high and basically if C/B or CPom make any mistake those 3 spots are at a huge risk.

ccpompom

The thing is, the US doesn't have a judge in the judging panel for worlds just like last year. So unless the caller is american I don't see how can usfs push them ://

Rukia

The thing is, the US doesn't have a judge in the judging panel for worlds just like last year. So unless the caller is american I don't see how can usfs push them ://
What's actually worse about the panel for them is that Lithuania, France, and Finland have judges. It's going to be very tough, but in the end none of this is on them. They just need to go do their job.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I think without the twizzles error they would have scored 2-2.5 points higher which is good but considering how European teams scored at Euros is still not good enough.
I think for me the concern is that if USFS won't push them at worlds, US will lose their 3rd spot and CPom will take the heat for it (though I think no other team can potentially outscore them tbh). It's just going to be tricky to break into top 12 with the 6 GPF teams, R/A, L/B, Taschlers, and the FINs. Then you also have D/S who get ridiculous scores and the second French who have been scoring high and basically if C/B or CPom make any mistake those 3 spots are at a huge risk.
Have you looked at the SB list for the RD, the FD and total scores? They're currently sitting at #10 on the total SB list with that 4CCs score, which as you point out was with mistakes. Presuming they go clean at Worlds and gain an extra 2-2.5 points, that would give them enough to move ahead of the TurkVer and be nipping at the heels of LopBri by a half a point. The Taschlers, DavSmo, and DemLeM are all behind them and I don't think we have as much to worry about from them if everyone is clean at Euros.

I know a lot of people are dismissing ReedAmbru's Euros score as a gift and excessively high, but they were a step above all of these teams last season and I don't see that perception changing in Montreal. Next season they might drop the way the Finns have this season but CarPon are looking good to retain their Top 10 finish, maybe move up as high as 8th or 9th, but they absolutely need to hit their RD perfectly and be in that penultimate group for the FD if they want to inch up the standings.

I don't see there being much danger, barring disaster from ChoBat, of the US losing it's third spot. People are hyperventilating over this for no good reason.

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
That was a tough competition at 4CC. So many good skates. The top 9 teams were overall so good. It's frustrating when you make one little wobble and there goes a level. But overall they were fabulous here and I am thrilled they won bronze. Especially after just finishing Nationals and flying to China! Oh, to be young again...Can't wait to see them at Worlds and I hope they have a fantastic time.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
CarPon are performing at Winterfest on Ice this Saturday in Klamath Falls, Oregon.

I really wish that I had a bit more notice because I might seriously consider driving down there - or maybe going over to my mom's in Central Oregon and having her come with me since it's only about a 3hr drive down to KFalls from where she lives.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Christina posted some videos showing the creation of their free dance.

Wyliefan

Wyliefan

New interview!

Not only has their coaching change helped the team develop their on-ice skills, but it’s given them a confidence boost with their approach to the sport.

“As people, the biggest change I find is our approach to training. We used to kind of dread the hard days and be scared of run-throughs and stuff and that’s not the case anymore. Now we look forward to it. We really enjoy what we do, and we genuinely have fun even though it’s hard. There are other things that have improved, but I’d say mostly it’s our belief in ourselves and our approach to training,” Carreira explained.

Ponomarenko added: “Scott even said yesterday ‘Living in the uncomfortable and getting comfortable with it.’ I think that’s something that we struggled with before, and moving to Scott and IAM London, that’s really changed and for the better.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information