Carreira/Ponomarenko Need a Cheer Thread

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Haven't watched yet but I'm thrilled with the results! I was bereft with H&B's WD, so this is such a comfort. 😂

Edit - thanks @Rukia !

Were they a bit tentative or slow to anyone else? Still fab, but that's even better if they scored/placed well with a performance that could be even better. ☺️

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
So happy and relieved. And I loved watching them finish the program with such excitement and joy. :swoon: Reminded me a lot of Flores/Wang when they nailed element after element and were just bursting with excitement -- same energy!

Wyliefan

:lol: at Christina getting all handsy as they came out. I just noticed that when watching it again. Getting into character or trying to give him a little confidence?

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
:lol: at Christina getting all handsy as they came out. I just noticed that when watching it again. Getting into character or trying to give him a little confidence?
lol yes I laughed at that whatever it was clearly worked so keep on keeping on Christina

Also someone on tumblr pointed out that Christina's hair had a very 80s Klimova feel to it (which is double hilarious considering how much Anthony looks like his mom)

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
lol yes I laughed at that whatever it was clearly worked so keep on keeping on Christina

Also someone on tumblr pointed out that Christina's hair had a very 80s Klimova feel to it (which is double hilarious considering how much Anthony looks like his mom)
Christina and Caroline were both channeling some 80s Klimova hair tonight. I was a fan.

sap5

Posting this for Brian Boitano's comment about Christina's edges. I remember when people used to say Christina couldn't even hold an edge. Now look at how far she's come since joining IAMO. I'm glad this school can help with both packaging and actual skating.

Lara111

I also thought Cristina looks a lot like Marina

Wyliefan

Brian and Jackie had a lot of good things to say about them. I liked that they praised Anthony's spins too. :) Poor guy doesn't get many compliments anymore now that Christina has become such a star! While I admire her so much for coming so far, I don't think he deserves to be considered the guy who just clomps around the ice with her.

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
They were incredible at Nationals!!!! Won the free dance, woohoo! They are the champions, imo, C/B were just handed the gold (overscored in the RD, mistakes in the free). But whatever...Christina and Anthony were perfect and he was crying in the kiss and cry. Scott M was so happy for them. I am over the moon. Here's hoping this is the start of things to come...two more years until Olympics...

litenkyckling

I am so unbelievably thrilled for them! 😭 And after so many people questioning them last year, Christina feeling like an imposter at 4CC last year to BEATING THE WORLD CHAMPS ON THE FD. Wow - one for the books. Hard work pays off but also finding a home with people who want the best for you pays off too.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Truly seeing Anthony get so emotional, watching him kiss that medal, and knowing he's said he considered quitting because of his foot...they've put in so much work and Christina gets a lot of the attention (rightfully) but Anthony looks the best he's looked in several seasons. It's only up from here.

Karen-W

With the way the afternoon had gone up to that point, all I was doing was praying and saying "trust your training" until they got through the twizzles, but even after that until the end, I was worrying, lol. Such a fabulous week of competition for them! Onward to Shanghai and a 4CCs medal!

ccpompom

If you had told me 2 years ago when they were 7th overall in Nashville at this same event that they would be winning the free dance and getting 2nd overall in 2024 I would have laughed at you. They're a true example of resilience. IM SO PROUD

georgiana08

This week feels like a huge turning point for Christina and Anthony. It's proof that their improvements last year weren't a fluke, proof that they can rise to the occasion and put out two incredible skates.

I hope their international scores start reflecting what a force they're becoming.

Marta24

I suspect they're going to get a big push next week and at Worlds. I really wouldn't be surprised if they beat FBSoer next week. And I kind of think both they and LajLag will beat FBSoer at Worlds - 5th & 6th.
I wouldn't be surprised if they start scoring closer to 80 in the RD. They have been stuck around 75 points for awhile now. They are the clear #2 and that should give them a push with the international judges.

Karen-W

I must say, I did miss seeing Madi in the KnC with them to celebrate their accomplishment. She and Adrian have been such an integral part of CarPon's growth and success this season and last.

sap5

I must say, I did miss seeing Madi in the KnC with them to celebrate their accomplishment. She and Adrian have been such an integral part of CarPon's growth and success this season and last.
Madi looks so close to giving birth that I'm totally ok with her staying and home and taking care of herself. Hopefully we will see her soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information