Championnats québecois d'été (Quebec Summer Championships), Aug. 4-7, 2022, Pierrefonds QC

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
That was messy. And because I couldn't get past the awful, typical Canadian pairs music, I stopped watching Carignan/Pierro about halfway through their program.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Rough skate, but I'm always happy to see Emy still competing after that awful accident at junior nationals a few years ago.
Shame she couldn’t stand up on the jumps as they did have some nice elements

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Unofficial results after 1st of 2 groups of Sr Pairs short programs:

Stellato/Deschamps 65.86
Carignan/Pierro 49.73

WD McIntosh/Mimar
WD Proft/Nadeau

Last edited:

Karen-W

Nice program from Laurin/Ethier! They're definitely gunning for one of the open SCI spots!

4rkidz

not bad from Lauren and Ethier, I don’t recall them? Nice lift and twist.

4rkidz

They were juniors pre-pandemic and then both grew like weeds during COVID lockdown and they aged out of junior eligibility.
Oh that’s likely why then, well I am glad they have finished growing and I enjoyed that.

Karen-W

Why would any pairs team ever choose a song with the lyrics "hold on to me, 'cause I'm a little unsteady" sung by a male artist? Isn't that just borrowing trouble?

Karen-W

Hmmm... Not perfect from Matte/Ferland... Their twist technique reminds me of Moore-Towers/Marinaro - she's practically over his shoulder when he catches her; she fell on their SBS jumps, but held on to the throw landing. They're clearly #2 here behind Stellato/Deschamps.

It's a real shame that McIntosh/Mimar were a no-show.

Amy L

I like the top of Lori-Ann's dress but the asymmetrical skirt looks like she got in a fight with a sewing machine.

shutterbug

So, does this no show by Proft/Nadeau take them out of the running for any kind of international events this season? Thoughts?

victorskid

Unofficial results of Sr Pairs Short Program:

Stellato/Deschamps 65.86
Laurin/Ethier 54.87
Matte/Ferland 53.60
Thibodeau-Mailhot/Villeneuve 50.56
Carignan/Pierro 49.73

WD McIntosh/Mimar
WD Proft/Nadeau

danafan

Canadian ladies über
So, does this no show by Proft/Nadeau take them out of the running for any kind of international events this season? Thoughts?
It's possible they've been monitored, and there's also the Georges Éthier event in September in Quebec they could enter. They could easily be assigned to a later season international. There are several on the Skate Canada assignments page.

shutterbug

It's possible they've been monitored, and there's also the Georges Éthier event in September in Quebec they could enter. They could easily be assigned to a later season international. There are several on the Skate Canada assignments page.
We might get a better idea when we see who is invited to the High Performance camp later this month (assuming this will take place as usual).

honey

I’m curious about their progress. They’ve been skating together a full year now, so one would think they would be ready to at least compete a short program to test things out. Of course the scratch here could be due to injury or illness so who knows. Bummed we didn’t get to see them today in any case.

4rkidz

Ok senior women short time in rink 4 and in about 20-30 mins Junior women long on rink 3

victorskid

Sorry - I'm off to do other things. I'll return tomorrow for the pairs free skates :)

Sylvia

TBD
Very quick report from Junior men SP flight 1 - Anthony Paradis is now platinum blond. :D Did 3lutz-2toe, 2A and popped a 3loop into a double. Very bendy and voidy as usual. Pair boy Yohnatan Elizarov made credible attempts at a 3lutz (no combo) and 3loop, and did a big, easy-looking 2A.
Junior Men SP protocols: https://resultats.patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/DET_42b.pdf

Junior Women group 1 SP protocols: https://resultats.patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/SKD_E13.pdf

Junior Women group 3 FP starting order: https://resultats.patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/OD_45.pdf
Rink 2 livestream: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x82yo9k

I believe this is the current Competitive Singles Bonus Structure for Junior singles:
  • women: + 1.0 for triple Loop Jump performed as solo jump in short program
  • men: + 1.0 for each triple Axel or higher Base Value jump in short and free programs
  • women: +1.0 for any triple jump or higher base value jump immediately followed by:
    • a triple  jump* or
    • An 1Eu/1Eu<< immediately followed by a triple jump
    • *awarded once per program for each different triple jump

Last edited:

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Here for the last group of junior women! Anyone else watching?

Aleksa Volkova:
3lz (step out), 3lo, 1t, 3s-2a, 3t fall, 3s turn-out, 2a

She takes a long time to set up for her jumps; it would be nice to see her incorporate them into the choreography more. She's very flexible and has some nice spin positions.

LP: 81.34 Total: 130.12

Last edited:

JoannaLouise

Alys Rajotte:
3lo fall, 2lz, 3t1eu2s, 3s2t, 3t step out, 2a, 3s hand down

LP: 86.51 Total: 135.74

JoannaLouise

Fiona Bombardier:
3lz1eu3s (kind of muscled it out, 3s was probably ur), 3s step out, 3lo2t, 2a2t, 3f fall, 1lz, 2a

A pretty messy skate. Her SP is very engaging, but this LP doesn't feel quite as ready; more like she's just skating from element to element.

LP: 81.05 Total: 130.75

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information