Cup of China 2023 Men FS - “Bad Voids Stick Together”

Primorskaya

Wow, Shaidorov is actually excellent :eek:
He is an exact copy of Urmanov, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Excellent technique and pompous choreo to the point of being funny.
Yeah I always liked that about Urmanov. His Olympic winning LP was a marvel of the genre, performed "dressed up as the Jack of Spades" , according to Christine Brennan. My kinda thing.

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
Credit to Shaidorov for not going straight to O Fortuna. There's a whole lot more of Carmina Burana so good to hear a mix.

He's behind the music in O Fortuna though which kind of spoils it, and he could do some more work on presentation in general, but a good skate.

skatingguy

decently
Shaidorov, Mikhail 🇰🇿
Coach: Alexei Urmanov
Music: Carmina Burana by Carl Orff

4Lzq
3A
4T+3T
Choreo Sequence
3F
Fly Ch Combo Spin 4

4Tq
3Aq+2A+SEQ

3Lz+1Eu+3S
Fly Ch Sit Spin 4
Step Sequence 2

Ch Combo Spin 4

Technically brilliant. Every jump was perfection. The program leaves a lot to be desired. The choreography looks very dated, and the program stayed around the centre ice area almost the entire program. (Edited to add - not as technically brilliant as it first appeared as the Technical Panel called rotation issues on 3 jumps.)

174.52 = 1st Place
264.46 = 1st Place

Last edited:

Sally1214

Awww .... wish Boyang could have been cleaner on a couple of those jumps. But, a higher score than his last outing. And, the stuffie-storm rains down again. He'll always remember the crowd reaction at this comp.

Primorskaya

I don't remember watching Shaidorov before but by your comments I'm guessing he's much improved, right? :D

skatingguy

decently
Siao Him Fa, Adam 🇫🇷
Coach: C. Tour, R. Marechal, B. Richaud
Music: Departure (Home), The Quality of Mercy, Refuge

skatingguy

decently
Siao Him Fa, Adam 🇫🇷
Coach: C. Tour, R. Marechal, B. Richaud
Music: Departure (Home), The Quality of Mercy, Refuge

4Lz - tight landing, hung on
4T+3T - up on the toe on the landing of the triple
3A+2A+SEQ
4S
4T
3A
Step Sequence 4
3Lz+1Eu+3S
Fly Ch Combo Spin
Choreo Sequence - toe Arabian :love:
Ch Combo Spin 4

Ch Sit Spin 4

Unreal. Not quite the quality of last week, but how could it be without the crowd support he had last week. The amount of respect that performance deserves to keep that program going and complete all the elements on what must be very tired legs.

207.17 = 1st Place
298.38 = 1st Place

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information