Cup of China 2023 Pairs SP - “Edge of Heaving”

Sally1214

I like Zhang/Yang's costumes and the concept of the program. Sbs jump problem and spin got wonky but overall good effort.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Mokhovs keeping this program and I love that they start with the steps, but the back half of it looked extremely labored. They have the goods to deliver choreography but there's no emotion or extra energy put into the performance.

Her 3T never had a chance.

tony

I don't know why Mark has mentioned 'late replacement' several times. They have known about this for 2 months now and Smirnova & Siianytsia have been long-done. Pretty sure his follwing partnership is also done.

Sally1214

Not Maria and Ivan's day. I'm not sold on the layout of the program. Starting with the step sequence doesn't really get the crowd into it. But props to them for trying something different.

Sally1214

Annika and Robert had a wonderful twist but then things started going south. Completely out of synch in the spin and, of course the 2sal. This program has great potential though. They'll get it right next time.

tony

As Mark pointed out, SBS jumps were far apart. I can't be certain, but I think Max was getting dangerously close on the SBS spins so he adjusted and then it made them lose sync completely.

I still think it's a great program and the best of all of the pairs this season. I know she's going to be upset that it wasn't perfection, but they should still be happy. And yep, there's the face. ;)

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
S-D/D should be first…
But I’m upset by the relatively poor scores received by Peng/Wang.

Sally1214

Deanna and Maxime are so consistent that it's a shock to see her touch her hand down on the throw but it was still a really good performance. Love them.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I love this music and program for them. Honestly I thought that went really well after Mark got me thinking they had a travel nightmare and the look she gave before they started. So well done considering :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information