Figure Skating Videos (New Channel)

Patrizia

Amantide

I've commenced digitising and uploading my Nagano 1998 Olympics collection on Youtube. If you are interested in the Australian broadcast, some of the competition for now:

Pairs Short (Grps 1-2) and Pairs Free (Group 1 (partial), 2,3,4 and 5 (partial))
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpdh5WzW4w-xzMY_OpUmNluI1kKyhPstZ

Mens Free (Groups 1-4)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpdh5WzW4w-znzdqkjlJu-UeBiM_-YIzG

Commentators were Sandy Roberts and Belinda Trussell (Noonan).

Thank you very much for this. I've never seen it before. I like Belinda and the guy seems fine too, contrary to the one in 2018.

Re-Pairs, I remember B&S being the favorites for the gold, but I still think D&K were better overall, even without B&S fall in the end. I think D&K program and performance was much better. Actually, I preferred both programs (SP&LP) of D&K over B&S.

Last edited:

Amantide

Thank you Amantide for posting the BBC vids as well because there are some skaters missing (Men's Free+Free Dance) on the Eurosport version. Grazie. Ciao.
You're welcome. Yeah, I forgot to mention that.
The first groups, for both Men&ID, are not complete because there were issues with ESP feed.

Patrizia

I see that you started posting some vids of the 2023 World Championship. Thank you very much as always, Amantide. Unfortunately, there are not the first groups, which is a pity. Ciao.

Amantide

I see that you started posting some vids of the 2023 World Championship. Thank you very much as always, Amantide. Unfortunately, there are not the first groups, which is a pity. Ciao.

Yeah, I'm uploading only the last groups and highlights, for now, plus BBC files I have.

The files with complete & live competition from ESP are too big and need to be converted, cut and compressed, and I do not have much time at the moment. I'm a bit too busy with work and I'll be travelling next week too. I will work on them when I'm back.

Last edited:

Patrizia

Yeah, I'm uploading only the last groups and highlights, for now, plus BBC files I have.

The files with complete & live competition from ESP are too big and need to be converted, cut and compressed, and I do not have much time at the moment. I'm a bit too busy with work and I'll be travelling next week too. I will work on them when I'm back.
No problem, Amantide. You're doing a great job, as usual. I'm looking forward to the files with complete & live competions, and in the meantime, I will feast my eyes on the hightlights+the last groups...:respec: Have a safe journey. Ciao.

SkateFanBerlin

SkateFanBerlin

It`so great to see this straight through. (At the time I was in deep morning over Nathan`s short; watching the free was a blur.) Some great skates and a dramatic finish. Jorik Hendrix is such a beautiful skater - smooth gliding throughout like Patrick. And, a great compdtition for Boyang Jin. People forget he ws the one who showed that any combination of quads was possible when in 2015 he landed a 4Lz/4T. A few had done other quads but mostly people did 4T or 4S.

SkateFanBerlin

The following videos have been uploaded:

- NBC commentary: Scott Hamilton, Sandra Bezic, and Tom Hammond.
1. Yulia Lipnitskaya | Short Program | Team Event
2. Yulia Lipnitskaya | Free Program | Team Event
3. Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Pair's Short | Team Event

- Pair's Short Program (CBC: Brenda Irving, Carol Lane and Kurt Browning)
Group 1
1. Narumi Takahashi / Ryuichi Kihara (JPN)
2. Nicole Della Monica / Matteo Guarise (ITA)
3. Miriam Ziegler / Severin Kiefer (AUT)
4. Peng Cheng / Zhang Hao (CHN)

Group 2
1. Andrea Davidovich / Evgeni Krasnopolski (ISR)
2. Marissa Castelli / Simon Shnapir (USA)
3. Felicia Zhang / Nathan Bartholomay (USA)
4. Stacey Kemp / David King (GBR)

Group 3
1. Maylin Wende / Daniel Wende (GER)
2. Julia Lavrentieva / Yuri Rudyk (UKR)
3. Paige Lawrence / Rudi Swiegers (CAN)
4. Vanessa James / Morgan Ciprès (FRA)

Group 4
1. Ksenia Stolbova / Fedor Klimov (RUS)
2. Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford (CAN)
3. Aliona Savchenko / Robin Szolkowy (GER)
4. Stefania Berton / Ondřej Hotárek (ITA)

Group 5
1.Tatiana Volosozhar / Maxim Trankov (RUS)
2. Vera Bazarova / Yuri Larionov (RUS)
3. Pang Qing / Tong Jian (CHN)
4. Kirsten Moore-Towers / Dylan Moscovitch (CAN)

- Pair's Short Program (NBCSN: Tara Lipinski, Johnny Weir and Terry Gannon)
1. Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov
2. Aliona Savchenko & Robin Szolkowy
3. Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov
4. Pang Qing & Tong Jian
5. Kirsten Moore-Towers & Dylan Moscovitch
Did the airlines lose Maegan`s hairbrush? Wouldn`t you want to run a comb through it before you go out there?

SkateFanBerlin

Thanks again for these. Interesting to see how things were expected to go prior to the Olympics. Though, I have to say the dance commentary was a bore with the BESP boys whinging throughout both segmenrts because their favorites didn`t place higher. Too bad boys - the judges don`t award points for leering looks between partners.

Amantide

Amantide, thank you so much for posting the 2023 World Championships Rhythm Dance videos. Ciao.
You're welcome. Sorry it too longer than I intended but I was travelling around for work the whole month of June and July. Then, the whole August I was on vacation on the mountains and the connection wasn't ideal. I could only upload some smaller files on rumble. Today I'll upload Pairs.

Amantide

As you know, on Rumble I have started to upload all competitions, and various programs or shows that I have, following a chronological order.

I thought that for competitions, in particular, it would be interesting to see the progression through the years. The video quality of the various files differ. Some are good and some are a bit poor. I have done my best to enhance the audio&video quality of the latter, but it is what it is. Many of the older competitions are vhs recorded, so I couldn't do much. But I did clean and increased the volume for some that needed, cut out the commercial breaks, fixed the frame and enhanced the resolution.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information