Figure Skating Videos (New Channel)

Amantide

Exhibition Show in China (1980)

John Curry, Katherine Foulkes Peggy Fleming, Scott Hamilton, Linda Fratianne, Kitty and Peter Carruthers, Fumio Igarashi, Elaine Zayak, David Santee, Lisa-Marie Allen, Jo Jo Starbuck & Kenneth Shelley, Tai Babilonia & Randy Gardner.

Ice Dance: Compulsory Dance/Pattern Dance

This was a ISU set of videos explaining various compulsory dances. I put them all together in one file which last 1:06:54.

XI Olympic Winter Games - Sapporo 1972 - Figure Skating

This is a short film (09:54) in Japanese.

XI Olympic Winter Games Film - Sapporo 1972

Another short film (19:11) about the games in general, in Russian.

Patrizia

Amantide

Wow, @Amantide thank you 🙏 This is such a great resource!

You're welcome. 😘

Amantide, all our warm "thanks" are nothing compared to the "colossal and incomparable" job you've been doing. Thanks to you, we can download tons of vids of our beloved sport and watch them again and again and again. Thank you so much. Ciao.

Thank you Patrizia. 🥰
That's the idea, so enjoy. 😘

Amantide

- Ice Ball

A 1982 TV programme with a collection of Soviet Union and other International skaters. The names of the skaters in the video description.

- Magic Memories On Ice II

A 1993 ABC Sports Figure Skating Documentary.
Unfortunately, I had to cut out Yamaguchi's Pretty Woman performance because that part was damaged.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I wish to thank you so much, @Amantide. I have a lot of skating dating back from 1992, several competitions, shows, exhibitions, etc. So seeing all the earlier years of figure skating that you have shared is such a treat! It's very much appreciated because I know the work you've put into making and uploading all those videos.

I miss my YouTube channel, and it nearly killed me to have to delete it because of one video that was an interview with Michelle, Tara, Elvis and Todd before the 1998 Olympics. There was a copyright infringement with the music that was in the background.

Instead of YouTube muting the video (they can do that), they informed me that I either had to delete my channel or go to a "copyright school" that was required by them. I was then informed that if I had anymore copyright infringements afterwards that they would delete or block my channel. So I beat them to it. I didn't feel like going through anymore of it, and deleted my channel.

Anyway, it's a delight to be able to watch all your wonderful skating videos. :love:

Last edited:

Amantide

I wish to thank you so much, @Amantide. I have a lot of skating dating back from 1992, several competitions, shows, exhibitions, etc. So seeing all the earlier years of figure skating that you have shared is such a treat! It's very much appreciated because I know the work you've put into making and uploading all those videos.

I miss my YouTube channel, and it nearly killed me to have to delete it because of one video that was an interview with Michelle, Tara, Elvis and Todd before the 1998 Olympics. There was a copyright infringement with the music that was in the background.

Instead of YouTube muting the video (they can do that), they informed me that I either had to delete my channel or go to a "copyright school" that was required by them. I was then informed that if I had anymore copyright infringements afterwards that they would delete or block my channel. So I beat them to it. I didn't feel like going through anymore of it, and deleted my channel.

Anyway, it's a delight to be able to watch all your wonderful skating videos. :love:

You're welcome. 😘

I had 2 channels on YT deleted. lol Which is why I'm uploading these on Bitchute and Rumble. Right now they are on the fringe, so there isn't much attention. I don't know how exactly works on Rumble because I'm new there. But on Bitchute, if they receive a copyright claim, they will block that particular video but not ban the channel entirely.

The downside on Bitchute is that I cannot upload files that are bigger than 2GB. So I have to cute and compress them. And even then, they do get compressed further more when they are processed and published on the site, thus making the video quality lower than the original. Rumble on the other hand is much more similar to YT on this aspect. Not quite there when it comes to 4K, but it's fine with 1080p files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information