Grand Prix of Espoo 2023 - Ladies Free - “The Flying Spinns”

Jammers

Kaori is going to be the weakest 3 time world champion that i can remember. Ladies skating this year is not much better then Pairs and that's saying something. :( Does no one want to rise up and challenge her?

skatingguy

decently
Sakamoto, Kaori 🇯🇵
Coach: Sonoko Nakano, Mitsuko Graham,Sei Kawahara
Music: Wild is the Wing, Feeling Good

2A
3Lze
3S<

Ch Combo Spin 4
Step Sequence 4
3F+2T
Fly Sit Spin 4
3F+3T
2A+3T+2T
Choreo Sequence

3Loq - hanging on
Fly Ch Combo Spin 4

-1.00 Time Violation

Strong skate for Sakamoto. Now she can build towards the Grand Prix Final.

135.52 = 1st Place
205.21 = 1st Place

Last edited:

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
Such a boring program for Sakamoto. I'd love to see her get the calls she deserves - 3Lz!, 3S<, and 3Lo< with negative GOE on each plus negative GOE on that last spin. TBH I think Glenn deserves the free skate win even though I know there's no chance of that happening.

Oh me of little faith! 3Lze, 3S<, and 3Loq. I'll take it. GOEs still too high, but the end result was something resembling reality, not the cheesefest type scoring we've seen in the past. I thought the best I could hope for was a !, even though the lutz is never on an outside edge. Keep the "e" calls coming, judges! Call it in the short program, too, and we may have a real competition for the podium.

Faints. That singer is the great Lauren Hill. Her voice is an instrument. It's rich and meaty.

I love Lauryn Hill and was excited when I heard Sakamoto had chosen her music, thinking it would be something from the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill (one of the greatest albums ever). This has to be the worst, boring Lauryn Hill music on the planet. Did she need to record this to pay bankruptcy debts or something? I don't blame people for not recognizing this.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Amber could have walked away with this whole thing. I wonder if this will convince her to concentrate on two clean programs and put the triple axel on ice (pardon the pun) for now.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
OMGGGGGGGG ❤️😍❤️😍❤️😍

I wasn’t going to do it, after I saw the pairs free skate I needed therapy.

@SidelineSkater told me to put my big boy underwear on and watch the ladies, but I said no, but I did do it just now

wow, Amber almost won the free program, the highest technical score and the second highest PCS. Boy I will say I did not see that coming

I just finished watching the whole thing, oh my gosh what a great program and especially after I first saw the single axel I was like Oh no. Wow, I’m so happy for her and I’m so glad. Why are there no faxes?

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I only went back to re-watch Glenn's and Ounasvuori's FS's, even if I did turn off the audio when OO was skating to that excremental female vocalist's "Nessun Dorma." Even Buble would have been an upgrade. I know she had the lowest score among the Finnish women, but I liked her best.

I love, love, love, love, love Sumiyoshi's dress. The only one of my favorite colors that it's missing is purple.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Amber’s program is stunning. I didn’t appreciate it from Skate America with the later errors but I see more skating with the music, some new moves that are so beautiful. Bravo to Katherine Hill and Amber!

I thought so as well. And who is Katherine Hill? I’ve never heard of her. And she too it had so many positive things to say about Amber.

Milan

Kaori is going to be the weakest 3 time world champion that i can remember. Ladies skating this year is not much better then Pairs and that's saying something. :( Does no one want to rise up and challenge her?

Ok, let's backtrack a bit here. Recent 3 x world champions are: Mao Asada, Michelle Kwan. I think we can agree that Kaori stacks up very well against them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information