Papadakis/Cizeron #11 - OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALLISTS FOREVAH!!!

deegee

based solely on the brief glimpse of the recent collaboration btw gaby and madi, i like the prospect of gaby choreographing programs for other skaters.

sap5

some new videos come out recently :

So I opened "Fighter" because I like that song and was hoping to see some great choreography, and...ugh. I get it -- it's a show program, there's limited space, etc., but come on!!! You have two of the greatest skaters of all time!! They can do anything! Why not give them something interesting!

I made it halfway through the Titanic program and couldn't make it to the end for the same reason. Please!! Can we have some great choreography for once!!! There's so much that can be done.

GreenGan

Those videos just popped on youtube on on ice perspective : it's about them dancing and creating choreography for shows I guess. I haven't seen the videos yet, so I can just share the title of those videos :

VGThuy

"Duet" by Rachael Yamagata and Ray LaMontagne came on yesterday while I was cleaning and I just had to stop in my tracks and take it all in again. It'd been a long while since I heard this song, and, of course, images of Gabi and Guillaume's beautiful FD came flooding in. I can remember them dancing through that song so vividly. I really believe it's my favorite program of theirs even though there are probably "objectively" better competitive ice dance FDs they've done.

Sometimes, I wonder what our favorite routines from skaters say about us, or at least, the memories we associate with it.

Just thought I'd share that.

deegee

so who's the person kissing gabi in the next to last photo?

deegee

guillaume & stephane collab:

also, anyone know what's going on with guillaume & gabi? maybe nothing of note, but i noticed he removed all of her photos from his instagram. might just be trying to clear up space for new projects or something like that. i know some people just wipe their ig clean every once in awhile.

Laney

guillaume & stephane collab:

also, anyone know what's going on with guillaume & gabi? maybe nothing of note, but i noticed he removed all of her photos from his instagram. might just be trying to clear up space for new projects or something like that. i know some people just wipe their ig clean every once in awhile.
He also removed photo shoots of himself alone, not just all photos on the Ice with Gabriella. But I wondered that she was on zero photo of the Ice Tour. Only on the offical cast photo and in one of Jasons videos. There she was her funny self. But she was in no off Ice photo of all the actions the cast had in Japan. Maybe she doesn't want to be on Social Media so much anymore? She also wasn't on photos of Hubbells Wedding and she was there.
I don't think they're done. And they still seem to come along well when you watch the practice Videos of On Ice Perspevtives where they created their new Show programs. And they're confirmed for BOL on Ice next January :)

deegee

He also removed photo shoots of himself alone, not just all photos on the Ice with Gabriella. But I wondered that she was on zero photo of the Ice Tour. Only on the offical cast photo and in one of Jasons videos. There she was her funny self. But she was in no off Ice photo of all the actions the cast had in Japan. Maybe she doesn't want to be on Social Media so much anymore? She also wasn't on photos of Hubbells Wedding and she was there.
I don't think they're done. And they still seem to come along well when you watch the practice Videos of On Ice Perspevtives where they created their new Show programs. And they're confirmed for BOL on Ice next January :)
yeah, i did wonder if this was an indication that they were ending their partnership so i'm glad to hear that they plan to tour together still. i hadn't heard about the bol cast for next year.

also: i much prefer the p&h collab to the c&l collab, but it comes down to the former being more of a competitive program and the latter more like interpretive dance (the caption says it's an improv piece, but they've clearly choreographed at least part of it). c&l's piece has beautiful moments, but i would have liked to see more blade work rather than so much being on their knees.

Laura4

I think something odd is going on with these two. First, I noticed that Gabby unfollowed many of the skaters, even the ones she's close to. Then you don't see her hanging out with her skater friends on tour. They both removed the link to their joint account in their Instagram bio. They are the reigning Olympic Ice Dance champions, and it's only been a little over a year since they won gold. I feel like they should still be promoting their partnership, and instead it seems like they are both trying to erase it. :confused:

Gris

不做奴才做公民
The latest L'Equipe magazine features an in-depth conversation between Gabriella and the singer Christine & the Queens:

However the article is paywalled, so I wonder if anyone who has access to it can give a summary. Thank you in advance!

Gris

不做奴才做公民

Gris

不做奴才做公民

Machine translated excerpt:

They came to “take visual inspiration from what is being done here” , explains Guillaume Cizeron, “ to see the way in which they work in detail, these are things that we have wanted to explore for a long time ”. The Paris Opera opening its doors to trainees is extremely rare, “ it’s magical to be here, this project is a dream ,” he confirms.
Under the dome of the Rotonde, the two skaters perform pointes, pirouettes and pas de soufflées, in synchrony with the dancers of the Opera and the tune of the piano. “ This is where our path ends ,” Gabriella Papadakis lightly punctuates when the dancers begin entrechats and grand jetes. After the morning lesson, the couple immerses themselves in a personalized workshop, focused on the " subtlety of contact, trying to increase listening, even if they know each other by heart " explains Julien Guillemard, choreographer and body dancer ballet.
With the goal of getting back on the ice? The 29-year-old jokes, “ We were hired by the Paris Opera so we won’t be able to .” Enigmatic, he continues " we never said that [the break] was the end point " and Gabriella Papadakis adds, "we know that we don't need to make a decision now, so we give yourself time."

vireo

hlimfan27

All signs pointing to Papadakis/Cizeron coming back. TSL/Dave Lease for some time now has been speculating they will be coming back based on things they're hearing out of the Montreal camp. They've been continuing to challenge themselves on tours and they still look to be enjoying the creative process together if those On Ice Perspective videos from the spring are anything to go by. AND now the Paris Ballet thing?

They could come back and wipe the competition out for the rest of the quad. The top 3 teams getting all the championship medals right now (Italians, Piper/Paul, Chock/Bates) are not it. A lot of promising teams that just don't have a chance of exceeding those 3 this quad. And none of those 3 deserve the OGM. P/C coming back would be so good for ice dance.

Gris

不做奴才做公民

Machine translated excerpt:

It is true that although guests from France will not fight for medals, fans will be able to see them on the ice on January 14. in the upcoming Gala program. Papadakis and Cizeron will also participate in events dedicated to the European Championship, social events, and interact with fans in the arena.

So they will perform in the Euros gala. :cheer:

Peepsquick

Can we reminisce about how good this program was??

This FD didn't start as one of my favorites but it was so well skated and interpreted and also full of amazing highlights (hydroblade, choreographic sequence, slide etc...) that I was totally in by the end of the season. It was also the year of their great tango in the rhythm dance. A gem of a season for Gabriella and Guillaume!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information