Practice Reports

Sylvia

TBD
https://twitter.com/rockerskating

"Amber Glenn literally just had a flawless practice, including 2 triple axels: 2A, 3F3T, 3Lo, runthru (3F3T, 2A, 3Lo), 3Lo2T, 3S, 3Lo2A2A, 3Lz, 3A, 3A, 3F3T, 3Lo2T, 3S, 3S, 2A, 3F"

"Levito [1st practice day]: 2A, 3F, 3Lz3T(hangs on), runthru (3Lz3T, 1A, 3F), 3Lz3T, 3Lz(e?)3T, 2A, 3Lo, 3Lz1Eu3S, 3F2T, 3Lo, 2A, 3Lo, 3F, 3F"
ETA - clip of Isabeau's 3F with twizzle exit: https://twitter.com/anxiouskater/status/1770150265108185525

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Meanwhile, at the pairs practice - ConMac and GoluGM 3twists are looking improved and ChanHowe's Exogenesis FS is apparently gorgeous.

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Sadly missed the German/Italian pairs to run over to the Bell Centre for the Japanese women. Kaori stepped out in her SP runthrough but did a couple nice combos after. Hana fell on what I assume was 3A attempt in her free but the rest of her (basically full) runthrough was strong.

Got back to Verdun for the last pairs group and looking forward to men! @Debbie S or anyone else here? I’m the small long-haired brunette with glasses, a dark purple/maroon coat and a definitely-not-Boston approved red bag.

Pairs notes of what I saw:

Deanna and Max went pretty light on practice so slightly hard to judge, they did hit some throws. Lea and Trennt looked good aside from the first lift in runthrough (sigh, but the second seemed fine footwork-wise).

Glad I got to see Muira/Kihara - their smoothness and speed really was a notch up and he didn’t seem to suffer any injury effect. And they landed enough sbs jumps and throws to give me confidence for the competition.

Lara

Meanwhile, at the pairs practice - ConMac and GoluGM 3twists are looking improved and ChanHowe's Exogenesis FS is apparently gorgeous.

It was indeed gorgeous! That and Plaza/Fernandez lifts were a highlight of the group.

First men finished. Shoma worked pretty hard on the quads this practice, some pops but got a decent amount in. The last minute of Kao’s free still leaves me breathless, and even though Yuma’s SP hasn’t personally been my fave the ending is amazing too. Tough runthrough from Donovan sadly but I think I did spot a quad later.

Lara

Memola needs to replicate the first two jump passes from his SP runthrough in competition, very impressive! I think he doubled the second jump of the combo but still strong job.

Debbie S

Hi @Lara I'm at Verdun now, sitting just right of center. Black puffer jacket, short brown hair, white mask. I'll be here through the USA men, then back to main arena later for dance.

Firedancer

Anyone in the watching in the main arena? I am sitting section 101 and have a black puffy coat with grayish fur on the hood. I would love to meet some other FSUers.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

Debbie S

I'm at Verdun now, after sorting out the seat nonsense at Bell (long story short, we have new seats in 111 to replace the ones NBC killed in 110). Current group is Men 4. Music is my first love" or whatever its name is needs to go on a banned list. Gorodnitsky looking good. I still barely recognize Deniss without his ponytail, lol.

ETA: Deniss looked good in his run-through. Doubled what I assume is supposed to be a 4S at the beginning but landed some nice triples and combos.

Last edited:

Debbie S

Camden landed 2 good 3A, some other triples in his FS run-through. One hard fall on his back (missed entry so not sure what jump) but got up smiling. Finished strong.

I'm a sucker for Dream On so I hope Hagara makes the FS.

Uh oh, they called Shmuratko over to the table...music problem? Or maybe they didn't know which program he was doing. It's his FS. Marking the jumps. Nice sliding split move.

Sylvia

TBD
Junior Worlds was only a few weeks ago, and their free skate was a disaster so it's not surprising that they might be struggling a bit. I guess we'll see whether it carries over into competition tomorrow.
Metelkina/Berulava had a much better afternoon practice: https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/1770191148318925233
Jackie's compilation-in-progress of notes: https://www.rockerskating.com/news/2024/3/18/2024-world-championships-practice-notes

Claire called their SP run through "Clean, snappy" & tweeted a photo of Metelkina by the boards with Pavel Sliusarenko: https://twitter.com/ClaireCloutier/status/1770193283878199563

More from Claire:
"Miura/Kihara had a few jump mistakes in their "Woman" FS run-through, but great speed and lifts."
Hocke/Kunkel - "Looking confident in their SP run-through. Great throw 3F."

BittyBug

Disgusted
When will they have the start orders for pairs and ladies posted? Both events are tomorrow but I don’t see anything yet.

ETA: Ladies is posted but pairs, which starts earlier, is not. :confused:

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
I have no idea what happened, but Diana Davis must have had a really bad fall into the boards, because I heard a loud boom and when I looked up she was on the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information