Roll call - who's going?

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
I will be there - it will be my 15th Worlds and the 14th with all-event tickets. The first was 1978 in Ottawa where, as far as I recall, I only attended the Men's events (getting to see Vern Taylor's triple axel) as part of a group who shared all-event tickets. I corrected that situation in 1984, attending compulsory figures and practices. The most memorable of those practices being the OSP Paso Doble of Torvill & Dean from a seat at the boards.

peibeck

Simply looking
I'll be in Montreal. Since 1999, the only Worlds I missed was 2021 in Sweden when there were no spectators.

I (sadly) confess I am sooooo jealous. :lol: But I also hope you enjoy Montreal!

Can I be nosy and inquire if you go through a tour agency? I've been to Worlds in North America and would love to do one internationally, but it will probably have to wait until I retire.

beebee

I (sadly) confess I am sooooo jealous. :lol: But I also hope you enjoy Montreal!

Can I be nosy and inquire if you go through a tour agency? I've been to Worlds in North America and would love to do one internationally, but it will probably have to wait until I retire.
I went with the erstwhile Colonial Travel (you may know their saga :rolleyes:) from 1999-2009, but since 2010 been doing it on my own. Attended my first World Juniors in Taipei this week and hope I don't get hooked on this event. It was wonderful!

2026 Prague would be a great international Worlds to start with. :giggle:

peibeck

Simply looking
Sadly it will be years more until I'm retired, but I usually check out prices on Worlds travel in Europe. @beebee I'm very impressed you've managed to score tickets to Worlds in Japan, those have seemingly been not so easy to get (which is why I thought you maybe traveled with a tour group). I was planning on Stockholm as my first overseas Worlds, but alas. And I was in Montreal when they canceled the last Worlds there (then had to rearrange my travel due to them closing the border).

I sort of remember the Colonial saga. My first two Worlds (Vancouver and DC) I did through Dash. After that I figured I was overpaying (although my seats were awesome), and have done 3 more on my own. Boston '25 will be my next Worlds.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their info about going to different Worlds. I find it really interesting for some reason, and I love when you all share your travel, food, and interactions with skaters and locals in the voids threads. :cheer: I will be with you all in spirit in Montreal!

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
My Worlds travels (so far) - Ottawa (1978 & 1984); Edmonton (1996); Minneapolis (1998); Helsinki (1999); Vancouver (2001); Nagano (2002); Washington (2003); Dortmund (2004); Calgary (2006); Gothenburg (2008); Los Angeles (2009); London, ON (2013); Boston (2016).

After experiencing the "ticket lottery" for Edmonton and being "up in the gods", looking down at all the folks who were apparently there with groups, all of the subsequent trips, beginning in 1998, have been with the Uniworld Travel group, based in the Toronto area.

I suspect Montreal may be my last Worlds trip, having opted not to join the group in Boston next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information