Roll call - who's going?

livetoskate

Hi everyone! I won't get there til Thursday evening, but if anyone feels like meeting up for brunch Fri or Sunday mid-morning, I'd be up for it. I'll be at Hotel Bonaventure.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I don’t arrive until just after 10 am Wednesday, so I won’t be able to join you, but hopefully we’ll have another chance to meet up at some point. 🙂
Hi everyone! I won't get there til Thursday evening, but if anyone feels like meeting up for brunch Fri or Sunday mid-morning, I'd be up for it. I'll be at Hotel Bonaventure.

Brunch on Sunday was discussed as a good option as well. I would be up for that. Tons of choices in that area. On Friday I can’t but am sure others could. I know had been a discussion of food truck outside festival area meet up

Sylvia

TBD
2 booths to check out in the Bell Centre concourse:

Joint post by La Maison Du Patin and Elite Xpression: https://www.instagram.com/maisondupatin/p/C4a7q40rZkQ/
... Join us at our kiosk during the event for a firsthand look at our latest gear.
Plus, mark your calendars for Saturday, March 23rd from 5-6pm to meet our special guests @deannamsd622 @maximedeschamps @kellyannlaurin @loucas_ethier and snag an autograph! Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to meet them in person and grab a keepsake to remember the event by.
Mathieu Caron’s video of the 20+ Worlds skaters wearing his costumes: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4iJpWoun-8/
"We have something very special prepared for the fans at our booth. So come say hi, we are excited to meet each and every one of you."

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
If we move lunch a little earlier on Wednesday - maybe more of a brunch than a lunch - we wouldn't miss much of the pairs. Would people be open to that? Améa has a dedicated brunch menu, so it would still be a good spot to go. (@4rkidz do you have a volunteer shift that starts at 2pm at the Verdun rink? If we don't meet until 12:30, it might be a bit rushed for you.)

Are FaceTime dial ins allowed? ANL could make an appearance via video during brunch

🏅💪🏻🙌🏼💅🏼

livetoskate

Brunch on Sunday was discussed as a good option as well. I would be up for that. Tons of choices in that area. On Friday I can’t but am sure others could. I know had been a discussion of food truck outside festival area meet up
Where would you suggest for Sunday brunch? I saw some places around Bonaventure station but they turned out to be very casual places with little or no seating and/or closed on Sundays. Thanks!

Gr8Sk8

Late to the game adding to this thread. I'm thrilled to be heading to Montreal on Monday for a glorious week of skating. My first Worlds were in Halifax 1990, then Edmonton 1996, Vancouver 2001, London 2013. Was living in Ottawa in 1984 but didn't think a mere mortal could by tickets - smarter now.

Will check the schedule for Wed - would be nice to meet in person.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
2 booths to check out in the Bell Centre concourse:

Joint post by La Maison Du Patin and Elite Xpression: https://www.instagram.com/maisondupatin/p/C4a7q40rZkQ/

Mathieu Caron’s video of the 20+ Worlds skaters wearing his costumes: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4iJpWoun-8/
"We have something very special prepared for the fans at our booth. So come say hi, we are excited to meet each and every one of you."
I understand that Toller's sister, Phillippa Cranston Baran, the author of the new book Toller Cranston: Ice, Paint, Passion, will be at the "Toller Boutique" on the concourse.

kimkom

I understand that Toller's sister, Phillippa Cranston Baran, the author of the new book Toller Cranston: Ice, Paint, Passion, will be at the "Toller Boutique" on the concourse.
Awesome!! Last year I received a call from Phillippa. She was writing the book and came across a Facebook post I made after Toller’s death and asked for permission to use it in her book. We emailed back and forth a few times and I just received a signed copy last week. I’m reading it now - it’s full of interesting tidbits from those who knew him.

Colleen

A heads up for those going … the state funeral for one of our former Prime Ministers is at Notre Dame on the 23rd. Bound to be busy and extra security ahead of that. In case you’ve got some tourist time!

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Where would you suggest for Sunday brunch? I saw some places around Bonaventure station but they turned out to be very casual places with little or no seating and/or closed on Sundays. Thanks!
Not sure maybe we can check things out when there?

Gr8Sk8

A heads up for those going … the state funeral for one of our former Prime Ministers is at Notre Dame on the 23rd. Bound to be busy and extra security ahead of that. In case you’ve got some tourist time!
Also public visitation on Thurs 21 and Fri 22 at St. Patrick's which is closer to the arena.

Gr8Sk8

Awesome!! Last year I received a call from Phillippa. She was writing the book and came across a Facebook post I made after Toller’s death and asked for permission to use it in her book. We emailed back and forth a few times and I just received a signed copy last week. I’m reading it now - it’s full of interesting tidbits from those who knew him.
Went to the book launch Phillippa hosted in Arnprior. Over 300 people in the theater. Great presentation of speakers and video on the big screen. Glad to see that she is making the book available at the arena.

skategal

Bunny mama
Wayne Gretzky is giving the eulogy and PM Trudeau should be there for anyone wanting to (Canadian) celebrity watch.

kirkbiggestfan

I’m driving on Wednesday and won’t get in Montreal until 5pm. I wonder if I can tickets just for the pairs that day. I am all set for thé next 3 days. Any suggestions ?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I’m driving on Wednesday and won’t get in Montreal until 5pm. I wonder if I can tickets just for the pairs that day. I am all set for thé next 3 days. Any suggestions ?
Not likely since the Pairs SP is in the afternoon and will be done well before 5pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information