U.S. Men 2023-24 news & updates

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
That's a good analogy. I think Adam has grown a lot both physically and in his skating and that's starting to be reflected in him reaching his potential. I think he's just getting started.

Jacob Sanchez is an American skater who I think has grown a lot both physically and in his skating and whom I consider a diamond in the rough. I love the natural spring that he has in his jumps...his spring reminds me a great deal of the spring I saw in Rohene Ward's jumps. Jacob also seems to listen to his music and use it in his performances (another Rohene specialty).

Jacob is just sixteen now. I believe he will be eighteen when the next Olympic Games roll around. I hope that in the coming years, as Jacob continues to grow, that he can learn to slow down a bit, relax and trust his (wonderful) technique. Right now, it seems that the adrenaline gets to him and he's like a race horse bolting. He has a tendency now to rush his technique, and to get ahead of himself. This leads to jump errors and also leads to a frantic quality in his skating. If some one could just help him to learn to calm down and trust himself, I can see Jacob following a trajectory similar to Adam's.

I hope that Jacob learns to compete. He’s full of great qualities but he needs to improve his focus. Watching his two JGP assignments this season was frustrating.

BittyBug

Disgusted
Sarabande Suite will always remind me of Melissa, Dennis and Johnny's Fallen Angels program, but Jacob Sanchez does a fine job with the music (although I agree @layman that it would be nice for him to take his tie with the music).

Who else are the Makarovs coaching? I'm pretty sure I saw Larisa at the boards with someone else who seemed quite talented - maybe a junior lady?

skatingguy

decently
Siao Him Fa has four quads in the FS, included 4Lz and 4T in combination, and he placed 4th at GPF.

US Men are going to need more than a 4T or even a 4T and 4S to be truly competitive.
At a minimum a quad from the big 3 - Lutz, loop, or flip - plus 3 quads (2 salchows, & a toe or 2 toes, & a salchow) - that's a lot more than any other US skater other than Malinin is currently doing.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Sarabande Suite will always remind me of Melissa, Dennis and Johnny's Fallen Angels program, but Jacob Sanchez does a fine job with the music (although I agree @layman that it would be nice for him to take his tie with the music).

Who else are the Makarovs coaching? I'm pretty sure I saw Larisa at the boards with someone else who seemed quite talented - maybe a junior lady?

Ava Marie Ziegler, no less! Larissa seems to have taken over between Ziegler’s appearances at CS Finlandia and GP NHK.

DreamSkates

It's not even that Jason may choose not to keep doing this (which he might). He turned 29 just a couple of weeks ago. As youthful and energetic and lovely as he is, his body can't keep doing this forever. Soon or late, he'll have to retire. And thus far, he doesn't really have a successor.

I mean, at this point, if something doesn't drastically change, he's going to be a walk-on selection for the Olympic team at 32 and no-one will be able to argue.
The walk-on wouldn’t bother me at all if the other men (minus Malinin) don’t learn how to keep their heads in the game when they compete.

Stephanie

The website is down atm but Taira Shinohara is on the entry list for the Bavarian Open. I didn’t realize that he’s missing the junior worlds SP minimum. Even if that weren’t the case, he definitely deserves the assignment, especially after doing so well at sectionals. His bio is now up on the Fanzone site.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Omgggg my kiss and cry just expired so I have to go haul out a credit card but I’ll post in here for right now. Watching the junior men’s on Peacock. it went from Sergei to Kirk. I felt like Sergei is 20 and Kirk is barely pushing 10. Refresh my drink what are the age parameters for competing in juniors?

but oh my gosh, what a ham Kirk is, even throwing up ice in the air for himself after his performance.

Who is Serge’s coach, kind a looks like Tomas Verner

The couple in the red and white and blue jackets are front row again. I wanna make friends with them.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

I feel like all the junior men r kind of finishing after their music, at least the ones I’ve seen so far. Sorry, I just realized my kiss and cry expired. I’m in the bed with a tablet, while wallet is in the other room, not happening at this moment lol.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Oh my gosh, this is not going to be the kiss and cry for seniors is it? What a disaster. That kiss and cry is being held together by scotch tape and someone’s hair clip. And this half circular white sofa is been around for too many seasons. Is there no budget to hire any gay men? I’m sorry, but please.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Beck is by far the fastest skater here, too bad that Axel could not have been a triple.

OK he is the last skater so I will go re-register for kiss and cry after this

Willin

Is Jacob Sanchez not competing this year? Is he injured? I didn't see his name on the Junior or Senior Men's start order.

gkelly

DreamSkates

Omgggg my kiss and cry just expired so I have to go haul out a credit card but I’ll post in here for right now. Watching the junior men’s on Peacock. it went from Sergei to Kirk. I felt like Sergei is 20 and Kirk is barely pushing 10. Refresh my drink what are the age parameters for competing in juniors?

but oh my gosh, what a ham Kirk is, even throwing up ice in the air for himself after his performance.

Who is Serge’s coach, kind a looks like Tomas Verner

The couple in the red and white and blue jackets are front row again. I wanna make friends with them.
I always look for them at Nationals! They’ve been attending and getting the same seats for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information