Worlds 2024 Free Dance: ‘The Moors of Montreal’

jlai

Question everything
They aren’t the only ones with potential though. Just look at this year’s junior world dancers. Plus the French and lala

Skate Talker

My mom only knows because I told her. I don't think it made major waves outside of the skating community and it's direct fan base.

None of the eight spectators around me with whom we’ve been chatting had a clue.
The CBC television broadcasts made a number of statements about the allegations so anyone watching on TV in Canada had every chance to hear about it. They even talked about it while showing the team warming up backstage. Almost every single time they appeared on screen it was mentioned. It was certainly not ignored.

Last edited:

MorganaLefay

I have not read any of this thread except for the last page, but the ice dance comp was underwhelming to me: i thought none of the top 3 skated like they really wanted that gold, GP were too slow (even though the softest), CB dont really skate, its all ab the lifts and packaging, and the Italians were off (and underpackaged in comparison to Diva Chock). To me, the highlights were the 2 side by side Swan Lakes: ironically, the Black Swan Davis track had the more traditional choreo than the classical one used by the Czechs with excellent modern take on the piece. I love how they move: in fact, it wld be great seeing them do the GPs Wuthering Heights: they cld really do justice to that music w their motion. I love how light Lopareva is, but i found her Mylene Farmer hairedo a bit to jarring for Chopin. Lajoie and Lagha had the strongest free imho. And i realize Perfume is not everyones cup of tea, but i absolutely loved it: Kristina perfectly translates movement to scent evocation, its the soul extracted through flowers unto the ice, and Anthony is trying hard to be evil and mad, but maybe they are a bit too young for this demanding theme. The younger French were good, although a bit heavy live (esp he), TV enables to better focus on choreo, and i kept looking for the 3rd team but unfortunately France has only 2 spots. Also, FB/S were very impactful and convincing.

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
This is the only way to sing our National anthem with a choir unlike just one singer who most likely is going to mess it up. :respec:
Or as my brother likes to say at his minor league baseball team's games, the soloist decides there is a scout for "American Idol" in the stands and then proceeds to wail, bleat, and strangle the anthem to "make it their own." Bleah.

Last edited:

Former Lurve Goddess

Yup. All those folks in the Dance Hall thread are getting WAY ahead of themselves if they think that LaLa and CPom won't still be dominating the field come 2030. Others are gonna have to get in line.
Based on what I saw in Montreal, we’re definitely in for CarPom/LaLa domination! I may have become an Uber of both teams. :cheer2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information