Worlds 2024 Men SP: ‘No Fan-ada?’

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Ilia has improved so much. He`s only 19 maybe and maybe should save the wear and tear. He may have to wait out a couple skaters the judges seem so taken with. Keep the 4A and his knees fresh for Oly`22.
Yes, let's go back in time.

I agree with others that the 4A was an unnecessary risk. He has more room to play around with mistakes in the free skate, and he's always reliable to throw in some last-ditch crazy combo if things do go wrong. In the short, one big jump element mistake and it's a long climb back up.

Lizziebeth

I will be very surprised if Shoma doesn't win this. The judges love him. However, Shoma has some very formidable competition, can't wait for the final.

Debbie S

I agree. I think the judging was fine today, although I'd have had Uno third.
Agree about Shoma. I love his skating (although the music, not so much), but that scratchy 3A should have put him behind Yuma and Ilia.

It's less than half a point between Yuma and Ilia. Ilia has the tech advantage if he can go clean. We'll see what Shoma does. He was struggling with the 4Lo in practice yesterday. Not sure trying it is the best strategy for him.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I'll be surprised if he does. If Malinin doesn't win it with the insane technical mark Kagiyama will with both the insane technical and 2nd
I have to agree. I think this title is going to Ilia or Yuma and Shoma will wind up 3rd overall. None of the guys behind the top 3 have the technical content to catch up to those guys. The real question then becomes will Shoma retire or keep going next season?

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
What's this? You mean to say that when push came to shove and the pressure was on, Jason delivered and Camden didn't?

I'm SHOCKED. SHOCKED, I tell you.

It's rather amusing to see all the hating coming from those whose faves melted down when Jason stands up again. I guess that's how we know Jason has really hit the big time.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I can see your point on Brigschi and Memola, but why on earth Vasiljevs?
Because I like him? :shuffle: And he skated that program musically and well, his jumps are at least as good as Jason’s and probably better?

And someone in better teknik can say if Camden was overly punished for the fall on the quad when Cha and Miura are 7th and 8th and Frangi 13th.

caseyedwards

What's this? You mean to say that when push came to shove and the pressure was on, Jason delivered and Camden didn't?

It's rather amusing to see all the hating coming from those whose faves melted down when Jason stands up again. I guess that's how we know Jason has really hit the big time.
Brown has been doing same technical layout sp for 10 years

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Because I like him? :shuffle: And he skated that program musically and well, his jumps are at least as good as Jason’s and probably better?

And someone in better teknik can say if Camden was overly punished for the fall on the quad when Cha and Miura are 7th and 8th and Frangi 13th.
No, he was not. All the skaters you listed attempted 2 quads and failed only one of these quads. Pulkinen attempted one and failed. If anything you should be happy Danieliants 2nd mark is low enough for his clean 4T not put him above Pulkinen.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Yes, well, all you've really proven is that it's not as easy to balance training full time when working on obtaining your degree from an Ivy League university as it is when you're doing shows in Europe & Japan and skating seminars in Peru and other developing skating nations, now is it?

sk9tingfan

Someone on (X)Twitter said that Malinin was not well. Has anyone else heard/read this?
Just answered my own question. From the press conference:

Malinin: "I would like to not specify a lot [about recent injuries and illness]. It was a very tough time for me to skate. I'm glad I decided to come to these Worlds and give it my all." He said the problems are not related to the boot issues he had at Nationals.

Malinin: "Today was not one of the better short programs I've done. I know I could have put a lot more power" into the presentation aspect. Indicated that doing quad Axel here was not really an option due to his health issues.

Habs

A bitch from Canada

I don't think there's any hating on Jason. The hating is that he was clearly gifted by the judges when he should be 4 or 5 spots lower than he is.
Good for him for performing well, but his ranking isn't right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information