Worlds 2024 Rhythm Dance: ‘Dance me to the end of RoLi’

Former Lurve Goddess

So from my view in the rink, G&F should be in first and the LaLas second. Lop/Bri should be higher and so should Smart/Dieck. My other half, art school grad, song of Eastern European folk dancers and late 80s/early 90s club dancing king, wanted to know why so much of the choreography didn’t match the music. :D

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I think this is the most relaxed I've ever seen Evan Bates at a competition of this magnitude.

Also, can we start a petition to get an extra group added for ice dance in the finals? Then we can have 25 teams, not 20. The dancers don't gouge the ice with their toe picks, so they could get by with only one ice make. Even if you don't like ice dance, it goes fast and has energy. It's not like the earlier flights of ladies or pairs.

Last edited:

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
So from my view in the rink, G&F should be in first and the LaLas second. Lop/Bri should be higher and so should Smart/Dieck. My other half, art school grad, song of Eastern European folk dancers and late 80s/early 90s club dancing king, wanted to know why so much of the choreography didn’t match the music. :D
I do wonder what LaLa could have achieved this season were it not for the injury. They have solid programs and were skating so well on the GP circuit.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Well, I'm so happy for Madison and Evan, Charlene and Marco and Piper and Paul! I wasn't able to be here because my home health nurse was at my home earlier, but she stayed, and we both watched on Peacock! I had no idea my nurse, Seryna (pronounced Serina) loved figure skating. She was off the rest of the day, and she was so happy for Piper and Paul! Go Canada! lol!

Now I'm not very good at speaking French. I do know some Cajun French since I live in Louisiana, and it's a little different in a way. So I used a French translator just to make sure I got it right. I wasn't too far off!

Laissons les bons moments rouler et faisons la fete! The way I usually say it is Laissez les bon temps rouler! Either way, Congratulations! :cheer2::40beers::summer::rockstar:

Carolla5501

if you're not comfortable with technology I highly recommend installing opera. There's a little vpn button on the address bar to turn on the vpn and set it to Europe. This should work to watch the isu feed.
It never worked for me today kept telling me I was still in the United States. So good luck.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Seeing it in the arena, I would have had it:

1. G/F - Italy
2. La/La- Canada
3. C/B - USA
4. G/P - Canada
5. F/G - UK
6. L/B - France
There we have some 'wait till you hear from people in the rink' reports, and I like them ;)

Former Lurve Goddess

Works well when you selectively pick the "people in the rink" reports. A few have also said C/B were spectacular and deserved 1st. The only thing I'm seeing consistently is that GilPoir and FearGib were over-marked. ;)
C&B were very good but seated higher up I didn’t find them as compelling as in the practice session when I was sitting in the second row. But I bet the judges had a great view of Chock’s expressive face.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I think I’d like the theme better if it was just: the title of the song has to have the word “party” in it. And then they could just do key word themes from now on. 😜
Party in the USA (Miley Cyrus)
It's my Party and I'll cry if I Want To (Lesley Gore)
Party All the Time (Black Eyed Peas)
Dead Man's Party (Oingo Boingo)
Party Out of Bounds (B-52s)

Icetalavista

For those who know lots re dance, and/or were in the arena, how would you rank GilPoir in terms of technical difficulty? To me on Peacock, their choreo seemed simpler than others but I don’t know what to look for beyond the most obvious things

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Party in the USA (Miley Cyrus)
It's my Party and I'll cry if I Want To (Lesley Gore)
Party All the Time (Black Eyed Peas)
Dead Man's Party (Oingo Boingo)
Party Out of Bounds (B-52s)
Think beyond the word party. You just failed boomerism by not including Sly’s iconic Dance to the Music. And Mama Told Me Not to Come. Personally I’d like to see Hanky Panky because it would be cool to see an ice line dance. :)

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
C&B were very good but seated higher up I didn’t find them as compelling as in the practice session when I was sitting in the second row. But I bet the judges had a great view of Chock’s expressive face.

This is why I prefer watching from higher up when I am in the arena, totally different perspective. To impress from that viewpoint you really need to excel in all aspects of the sport.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I can't say I enjoyed the RD. Maybe it was the mood I was in, but I couldn't hear the music with Mark and Tonia talking so much and it seemed like so much noise by the final group I couldn't take it and turned it off and didn't watch. I didn't really care about those teams anyway.

I was disappointed Bekker & Hernandez just missed the FD, but did love their skate. I was happy with Loicia & Theo's wonderful skate but I think they are being slotted as French #2 and that annoys me. And I pretty much died during the Taschlers. :fragile:

But I was reborn watching Lajoie & Lagha, that was so wonderful and especially wonderful to see Majorie fully recover and come back. They are where they belong in the Top 5!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information