Worlds 2024 Women FS: ‘Where Have All The Knitters Gone?’

skatingguy

decently
I thought the invalid 3F was an input error. It was in fact a double per the protocol.
I thought she doubled it, but then it came up triple so I went with what the scores said. I also rechecked the Planned Program Content sheet, and it also has 3 triple flips so I didn't rewatch the element. Thanks.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
If the rest of the element is a +3 or +4 they can give a -1. It is in the guidelines.
[Sorry editing a bit because I think maybe you said they can give a +1 at first and then edited? If not, my mistake.]

One of the requirements to get above a +3 to begin with is that the jump has to have a good take off and landing. Doing the wrong take off is not only not fulfilling that, but it should dock a criteria right there as it is.

Wrong edge 'e' is -2 to -4. You can't give a triple flip, intended to be a triple Lutz any kind of credibility as an actual jump. Should be -3 to -4 after all is done because there is zero attempt at trying a Lutz.

And no, it never changes from competition to competition. She does the same thing time and time again. To solve the problem, it should just be called a 0. If someone does a toe, Sal, or loop for the third time, they get a 0, lose the element block, and *. With Kaori's three flips, we give leeway because she 'meant' to do a Lutz... meant being very sarcastic here.

Last edited:

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Congrats to the podium. Kaori just comes across as such a fun, personable skater. Love her personality as well as her skating.
Congrats to Isabeau for coming back after what had to be a disappointing and stressful Nationals. I hope this placement will help her confidence. The tv broadcast had an interview with her and she was saying how before she went out tonight she was thinking she couldn't do it, but she was so happy she skated well. And congrats to Chaeyeon on her medal. Keeps the competition interesting within South Korea.

And I'm glad both Isabeau and Amber combined to get three spots for Boston. I'm sure skating at a home Worlds is a special opportunity for a skater, so it's nice to have the extra spot.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
If the rest of the element is a +3 or +4 they can give a -1. It is in the guidelines.
They can technically give it a 0 too. It's still overly generous given what was put out there. Her lutz should have gotten a full -4 GOE reduction. e caps the GOE at +2 starting point. -2 to -4 is the allowable range of reduction for an e call. It was really exceptionally obvious and egregious.

zigzig

Exciting competition - partly cuz I love big movement in standings. THRILLED FOR THE MEDALISTS. I always thought Chaeyeon would be a dark horse and now I feel vindicated.

Kaori - thrilled for her and frankly this is one of the best performances of this CRAP program I've ever seen her do. I can't believe there's a big music change just sandwiched in the middle of a step sequence. Happy for her but cannot WAIT to see the back of this $hit program.

Levito - THRILLED for her and grateful she contributed to 3 spots for women.

Kim - love her and glad she got bronze.

Loena - skating after Kaori and Isabeau knocked the wind out of her sails. Her jumps seemed to have gotten tighter over the past season. This is another program I'm glad to see the back of.

Repond - I find her skating super awkward but she really SOLD that program!

Lee - meh

Chiba - love her but needs more expression and personality in her skating and a less generic style. Her short program is better.

Yoshida - her jumps get sloppy. But I like her.

Kaiser - seems really tan.

Glenn - Glenn being Glenn.

Kurakova - loved her reaction at the end.

Young You - bleh

Gubanova - good redemption from the short but still can't get into her skating.

Mikutina - her jumps were weirdly reminding me of Mirai Nagasu.

Pinzarrone - meh

Petrokina - get such late 90s/early 2000 mens skating vibe from her/this program. Not a good thing.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
I love you @tony for always trying to fight the good fight and educate us--this is not sarcasm, this is truly meant--but your logic and devil-math and rules have no place here. Ladies (and dance) threads are about insane fandom, sparkles, and Questionable Choices (skaters and FSUers).

You will not teach the heathens; we are too far gone. We do not want to listen to reason and be enlightened. We want to believe Amber Glenn will one day put it together and no one deserves edge calls (unless we don't like them) and skating skills are based purely on how much we like the music.

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
Can I just point out that the three-time world champion is built like a normal person and not like a skinny little tree.
Another reason why I love her.

Being a car dealer's daughter, I named all my cars over the past 24 years for my favorite skaters. My 2000 silver BMW3 was "Wing" for Michelle Kwan. My 2006 C-Class was a bit temperamental, so she was "Sasha" for Cohen. The 2013 C-Class was "Kati" (hey, German car, finally figured Katarina deserved a designation).

Last year, our oldies were aging, and my husband wanted an EV, so we agreed he could have the "fun car" for once and I went for the nice, sensible AWD ICE vehicle (Subaru Crosstrek Sport, which I love). I decided to be an old goat, so I named her "Peggy" after the divine Miss Fleming. But DH pointed out that shouldn't a Japanese car also have a Japanese name? Good idea; I picked my favorite Japanese skater. So she is now my beloved Peggy Kaori - "Peggy K" for short. And I'm sure she's smiling tonight in our garage.

Yeah, I'm a weirdo motorhead, what can I say...

Last edited:

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
[Sorry editing a bit because I think maybe you said they can give a +1 at first and then edited? If not, my mistake.]

One of the requirements to get above a +3 to begin with is that the jump has to have a good take off and landing. Doing the wrong take off is not only not fulfilling that, but it should dock a criteria right there as it is.

Wrong edge 'e' is -2 to -4. You can't give a triple flip, intended to be a triple Lutz any kind of credibility as an actual jump. Should be -3 to -4 after all is done because there is zero attempt at trying a Lutz.

And no, it never changes from competition to competition. She does the same thing time and time again. To solve the problem, it should just be called a 0. If someone does a toe, Sal, or loop for the third time, they get a 0, lose the element block, and *. With Kaori's three flips, we give leeway because she 'meant' to do a Lutz... meant being very sarcastic here.

I know I routinely say this, but it kills me that they don’t do even the most minute amount of software development and set controls wherein GOE options are not possible or GOE outside the rules is capped to the max allowable or otherwise imputed. It’s not hard. It’s lazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information