Throw 3F
3T
Reverse Lasso Lift 4
Back Outside Death Sp 3
Choreo Sequence
Throw 3Lo
Hand/Hip Lift 4

Pair Combo Spin 4

Has anyone ever won Junior Worlds, and Senior Worlds in the same season? This program is so much better than the short, and they really make use of the wonderful piece of music from Queen.

131.63 = 1st Place
202.11 = 1st Place

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
That was quite nice from MetBeru, but I don't feel any emotional connection to them like I did when they skated with their previous partners.

Karen-W

Anastasiia Metelkina (18)/Luka Berulava (20) 🇬🇪
Coach: P. Sliusarenko, E. Zakroev, M. Trankov
Music: The Millionaire Waltz by Queen

3Tw 4
3S+2A+2T+SEQ
Throw 3F
3T
Reverse Lasso Lift 4
Back Outside Death Sp 3
Choreo Sequence
Throw 3Lo
Hand/Hip Lift 4

Pair Combo Spin 4

Has anyone ever won Junior Worlds, and Senior Worlds in the same season? This program is so much better than the short, and they really make use of the wonderful piece of music from Queen.
They're not going to win Senior Worlds. They might podium, but hopefully we'll have Miura/Kihara and maybe Chan/Howe back by Montreal.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
FS results:

1​
Anastasiia METELKINA / Luka BERULAVAGEO
131.63​
66.33​
65.30​
8.21​
8.14​
8.11​
0.00​
#6​
2​
Ava KEMP / Yohnatan ELIZAROVCAN
110.92​
54.18​
56.74​
7.18​
7.07​
7.00​
0.00​
#5​
3​
Jazmine DESROCHERS / Kieran THRASHERCAN
101.42​
46.98​
54.44​
6.82​
6.82​
6.75​
0.00​
#3​
4​
Martina ARIANO KENT / Charly LALIBERTE LAURENTCAN
94.73​
44.78​
51.95​
6.57​
6.32​
6.57​
2.00​
#4​
5​
Violetta SIEROVA / Ivan KHOBTAUKR
92.65​
42.51​
50.14​
6.39​
6.07​
6.32​
0.00​
#1​
6​
Olivia FLORES / Luke WANGUSA
91.02​
45.29​
48.73​
6.18​
5.86​
6.21​
3.00​
#2​

Overall results:

1Anastasiia METELKINA / Luka BERULAVA
GEO.GIF
GEO
2Ava KEMP / Yohnatan ELIZAROV
CAN.GIF
CAN
3Jazmine DESROCHERS / Kieran THRASHER
CAN.GIF
CAN
4Martina ARIANO KENT / Charly LALIBERTE LAURENT
CAN.GIF
CAN
5Olivia FLORES / Luke WANG
USA.GIF
USA
6Violetta SIEROVA / Ivan KHOBTA
UKR.GIF
UKR

Protocols: http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...OR----FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

skatingguy

decently
They're not going to win Senior Worlds. They might podium, but hopefully we'll have Miura/Kihara and maybe Chan/Howe back by Montreal.
I feel like I should bookmark this post for later in the season. Miura/Kihara are a question mark with their injury issue, but Metelkina/Berulava would easily beat Chan/Howe with a skate like that at a senior event.

Karen-W

I feel like I should bookmark this post for later in the season. Miura/Kihara are a question mark with their injury issue, but Metelkina/Berulava would easily beat Chan/Howe with a skate like that at a senior event.
We're gonna have to agree to disagree. Chan/Howe are far from perfect, but their PCS and their lifts are far superior to Metelkina/Berulava. Not to mention, Luka has let a senior Worlds medal slip through his very easy grasp before...

skatingguy

decently
We're gonna have to agree to disagree. Chan/Howe are far from perfect, but their PCS and their lifts are far superior to Metelkina/Berulava. Not to mention, Luka has let a senior Worlds medal slip through his very easy grasp before...
What if I don't want to agree to disagree. Huh? :angryfire

Metelkina/Berulava put up a score at this event that is higher than Chan/Howe's personal best with fewer elements to complete. But actually when I posted that they might win Senior Worlds I was forgetting their were teams who weren't competing here that might be competitive. :shuffle:

Karen-W

What if I don't want to agree to disagree. Huh? :angryfire

Metelkina/Berulava put up a score at this event that is higher than Chan/Howe's personal best with fewer elements to complete. But actually when I posted that they might win Senior Worlds I was forgetting their were teams who weren't competing here that might be competitive. :shuffle:
There's a step sequence in the senior FS that is missing for juniors. Theoretically, yes, it's possible that they could skate clean and score in the 210 range, but I also think that they aren't feeling any pressure skating juniors right now because they don't have any competition for the top spot. Let's see what they do at Euros before we start declaring them contenders for the Senior Worlds title, okay?

skatingguy

decently
There's a step sequence in the senior FS that is missing for juniors. Theoretically, yes, it's possible that they could skate clean and score in the 210 range, but I also think that they aren't feeling any pressure skating juniors right now because they don't have any competition for the top spot. Let's see what they do at Euros before we start declaring them contenders for the Senior Worlds title, okay?
Well if you're going to be all boring and logical, than yes, but it's more fun to make proclamations now, and forget about them later.

kalamalka

Their problem will come after next season where they will have a year where they will be unable to compete internationally.
Really? Ava will be 17 in June 2025, when Yohnatan is 21, so aren't they senior eligible for 25/26? (her birthday is June 24, 2008 while he was born December 2003)

skatingguy

decently
Really? Ava will be 17 in June 2025, when Yohnatan is 21, so aren't they senior eligible for 25/26? (her birthday is June 24, 2008 while he was born December 2003)
Yes, but he'll age out of juniors - pairs/ice dance men can be no older than 20 by July 1. He has one more season of junior eligibility unless the rules are changed.

kalamalka

Yes, but he'll age out of juniors - pairs/ice dance men can be no older than 20 by July 1. He has one more season of junior eligibility unless the rules are changed.
That's what I meant - she should become senior eligible just in time for the following season, unless I can't count.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Well if you're going to be all boring and logical, then yes, but it's more fun to make proclamations now, and forget about them later.
After seeing their score was so close to the senior pairs I also came here to ask if anyone has ever won junior and senior worlds in the same year :lol: They were also restricted to doing a 2a in the short so more possible points there as well as one less element in the free.

It’s unlikely but not impossible….

Colonel Green

🇺🇦 Sierova/Khobta - solid delivery of the technical elements, limited as they are by their current issues. Not much correlation to the music. Get well, Violetta.

🇺🇸 Flores/Wang - disaster opening, amazing/glad Olivia could recover so quickly. Love the music choice, too bad things went so poorly here.

🇨🇦 Desrochers/Thrasher - they look good skating together. Given her obvious limitations with jump-related elements (not that he's great at it either), I have a lot of questions about their ceiling. But coming fourth (at worst) is a victory for these two.

🇨🇦 Ariano Kent/Laliberte Laurent - Martina really struggling with the throws right now. They're clearly capable of way more than Desrochers/Thrasher, so it's not a great day when they're behind them in the technical mark -- ouch, and behind them overall. This should make Junior Nationals interesting, since we've only got two JWC spots this year; shame we can't reassign one of our three dance spots.

🇨🇦 Kemp/Elizarov - impressive that they've got two triple throws now. I feel like the technical delivery gap between them and the others was wider than what the TES tracker suggests. Big score, and the highest ordinal finish of any Canadian at this event.

🇬🇪 Metelkina/Berulava - expected winners win. This program isn't annoying like their short program, at least. They should challenge for the podium at Euros too.

barbarafan

I'm sure they both have Russian passports
I feel that the ISU should be pressured to make a few more rules. ie Russians can skate for other countries but cannot train in Russia. If their coaches only work in Russia they should have to change coaches. This would be helpful to avoid doping the skaters and turning the girls into robot sticks. It would also mean they would have wider news input and maybe stop thinking Putin is trying his best to help Ukraine with climate change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information