JGP #5 Budapest - Pairs SP & FS

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Starting Order/Live Results - http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2324/jgphun2023/SEG005.htm
Time Schedule - http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...JUNIOR----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

Live Stream - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss5-jQQclB0

StN. Name Nation
Warm-Up Group 1
1 Louise EHRHARD / Matthis PELLEGRIS FRA
2 Debora Anna COHEN / Lukas VOCHOZKA CZE
3 Martina ARIANO KENT / Charly LALIBERTE LAURENT CAN

Warm-Up Group 2
4 Neamh DAVISON / Shailesh CALLER GBR
5 Violetta SIEROVA / Ivan KHOBTA UKR
6 Peyton BELLAMY-MARTINS / Kryshtof PRADEAUX AUS

Ice Resurfacing
Warm-Up Group 3
7 Ava KEMP / Yohnatan ELIZAROV CAN
8 Irina NAPOLITANO / Edoardo COMI ITA
9 Anastasiia METELKINA / Luka BERULAVA GEO
10 Yixi YANG / Shunyang DENG CHN

Warm-Up Group 4
11 Romane TELEMAQUE / Lucas COULON FRA
12 Aliyah ACKERMANN / Tobija HARMS GER
13 Anastasiya SAZONOVA / Jamshid TASHMUKHAMEDOV UZB
14 Nikola SITKOVA / Oliver KUBACAK SVK

Colonel Green

This is (on paper, anyway) the best pairs field on the JGP. I’ll be especially interested to see how the Ukrainians look.

Colonel Green

Good Lord, this hideous “Bad Romance” cover is apparently catching on. I can’t remember which Russian first skated to it.

Karen-W

There are some good basics from Cohen/Vochozka.

Colonel Green

Weird spin out of the twist landing — if that had been intentional it would be a cool transition.

EDIT: Ouch, that’s a hard throw fall.

Karen-W

AKLL - horrible 3 twist and UR - she came down forward. Rough sliding fall on the throw 3lo - pressure's certainly gotten to them - their SBS spins were really out of synch.

Karen-W

Nice program from Sierova/Khobta, but I fear they'll never be a top team if she still can't land a throw triple.

Colonel Green

No technical upgrades for these two in the off-season. Who knows what their training situation is like, but that’s a bit worrisome.

airgelaal

Nice program from Sierova/Khobta, but I fear they'll never be a top team if she still can't land a throw triple.
She can and already did last year. But they withdrew from the first JGP due to an injury that Violetta suffered while working on throws.
They are clearly planning a long season in juniors and seniors. It makes no sense for them to show their maximum now

Amy L

Experience completely buried these baby Aussies (if they wanted the tune they could have used the Circles version, that'd be more their speed). He competed in Osaka as a single skater last week! They are obviously super new to pairs, but they weren't too scary apart from the failed lift.

Karen-W

Shame about Kemp/Elizarov not being back up speed yet.

Karen-W

Napolitano/Comi - really well-matched pair! Doubles on everything, but all nice quality. They have some potential!

Karen-W

MetBeru - they're saying they've only been together 3.5 months? I call BS. He dumped Safina right after Worlds and that was 6 months ago!

Karen-W

I was really impressed by her line and posture! You can tell she's a natural pair girl, she was yelling louder than the music in the spins :lol:
Yes - she's a STAR in the making.

Karen-W

Yang/Deng - this is sad to watch... Chinese pairs have a LOT of work to do to get back to their former glory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information