JGP #5 Budapest - Women SP & FS

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Brandenburg

It's really impressive how SUI is building its skating program.

3z(f)-2a to start, this is a mature piece of music ("Ne Me Quitte Tu Pa") and she handled it with sensitivity and good expression. Nice 2a-1r-3s. Good technique and complete performance. :cheer:

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Karhunen was really good too! The scores are so close this is going to put a lot of pressure on the final group.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Karhunen

Completing her technical content (how un-Finnish of her!), could work more on getting ride-out on the blade on her landings, would like to see more expression, too, Nice job. Clean performance.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Behind Brandenburg. She does not like that.

Oh, here comes Murakami and that cool green and blue dress.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Murakami

Moving with nice speed across the ice, but missed her pick to do only a 1z, followed by a 3s-3t toe was definitely short, nice use of arms, strong basics, another 3s-3t midway through the program, and a fall on the 3r. Jumps just aren't solid enough for her today. Probably best basics, but should fall short of SUI and will be interesting between her and Finn since the Finn completed her content.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Gladki

3z-3t tiny, but done, the 3r claims another victim (fall), other than the one jump error, held it together nicely, needs to work on her basics--her ice coverage especially as she doesn't get near the boards

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Here for Sherry!

Shame about the fall and the other issues with some of the jumps. Probably not enough to take the lead, but pretty solid program otherwise.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Oh, sorry for Zhang… Lots of great moments.

Next is the Russo-Hungarian.

Sylvia

TBD
Sherry Zhang’s jumps: 3Lo, 3Lz+2T, 3T hand, 3Lz good flow out, 3F fell out, 3F+2A+2A, 3S fall :(

ETA current top 4:

1 Anastasia BRANDENBURG SUI 175.51 11 1
2 Sherry ZHANG USA 170.65 8 2
3 Stefania GLADKI FRA 164.13 9 4
4 Iida KARHUNEN FIN 162.55 12 3

1​
Anastasia BRANDENBURGSUI
118.36​
63.81​
54.55​
6.89​
6.93​
6.61​
0.00​
#27​
2​
Sherry ZHANGUSA
111.34​
60.01​
52.33​
6.32​
6.57​
6.71​
1.00​
#31​
3​
Iida KARHUNENFIN
106.54​
56.58​
49.96​
6.25​
6.25​
6.21​
0.00​
#28​
4​
Stefania GLADKIFRA
105.61​
54.35​
52.26​
6.43​
6.71​
6.43​
1.00​
#30​

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Zhang

soft 3r to open, only a 3z-2t combo, would like to see some of the bigger combos, hardest one was 3f-2a-2a while the other skaters are doing multiple 3-3s. Graceful movement, good facial expression at end of program-hopefully, she can add more interpretation throughout the program.

Guess USFS can assign another new person to the final spot in ARM. She didn't earn a second assignment here.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Guess USFS can assign another new person to the final spot in ARM. She didn't earn a second assignment here.
170.65 overall and the 2nd highest score on the JGP from a US woman. I see no reason why she shouldn't get that 2nd spot. None of our other US women have exactly lit it up domestically.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Dzsumanyijazova

Another Russian skating for Hungary

Setting the Muse mood at the beginning, random fall while skating backward setting up for her 3r, good job imbuing her hand movements with feeling, back very hunched over in jump takeoffs, hot and cold program.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
170.65 overall and the 2nd highest score on the JGP from a US woman. I see no reason why she shouldn't get that 2nd spot. None of our other US women have exactly lit it up domestically.
You're probably right. That score was higher than I expected.

Frau Muller

Before the last group, Brandenburg (Switzerland) remains in 1st place. Six more to go.

Frau Muller

I expect maximum bling in the last group! Two Koreans (bling queens!), two Chinese, one Japanese & one Italian, holding up the European front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information