JGP #5 Budapest - Men SP & FS

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Kakiuchi must really like the skater presentation music at the beginning of each warm-up group ;)

tony

1T was added as a separate element which caused jumping pass 8, the 3Lz, to be invalidated.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
JSF has been quite intentional about prioritising giving juniors in their late teens as many opportunities to compete internationally as possible over getting promising younger skaters exposure before they hit 16-17. I would have given Nishino Taiga two JGPs over Kakiuchi, personally.

Then again, I think they could have done both? Is it just me or are they leaving men's spots on the table here, next week in Poland and in Armenia, with just one skater in each event?

Holy Headband

This was a bit of a mess, but Chen is so talented. He shouldn't have competed here with a back injury!

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Argh, Jacob. Pop city. :( The jumps he did land were really good, though!

ETA: He's winded. He put a lot of energy into that -- I think it just started running out.

tony

Jacob was doing well, only popping his second Axel but then ended with 2T+2T and 1F. Salchow also looked tight at the end of a Euler combo.

He’s such a personality, but this program is too nonstop in the Russian choreography sense— no real pacing, just a sprint all the way through. The choreo sequence is great, though.

Wyliefan

Adam's hot and cold too.

Oof. Maybe more cold than hot.

Um, I thought dying on the ice was no longer allowed? :lol:

tony

Hagara is struggling here with three hard falls, and while he's retaining last years free, he's still skating right through it. I wouldn't have the PCS anywhere near the majority of the skaters in the last two groups.

Also, it still bothers me how the program just ends, as fantastic as the music is. And even then, another fall.

Wyliefan

@Karen-W I don't know what kind of FSU awards we're doing this season, but there has to be some sort of honorary award for whatever Adam did at the end of that program. :lol:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
@Karen-W I don't know what kind of FSU awards we're doing this season, but there has to be some sort of honorary award for whatever Adam did at the end of that program. :lol:
start a thread in the trash can for potential FSU season awards

Holy Headband

I need a hero!
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night.
He's gotta be strong, and he's gotta be fast,
And he's gotta be all in the green!!!

tony

Rossi is absolutely glorious in movement with his whole body, but the jump technique is whack. Twisted entries, tight landings, crooked in the air, and the Axel turns way too much on the blade before it goes up (shades of Lysacek, if you will).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information