JGP #4 Osaka - Women SP & FS

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
From the comments both Ted & Mark made during the warm-up and after Eugenia's skate, it sounds like none of us missed much of anything by sleeping through the first 4 groups, lol.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Despite falls on 3 lutz and 3 Salchow, a lovely performance of Sleeping Beauty by Ruitong Li of China.

Now - Carmen by Mia Kalin!!!

Karen-W

Well, Mia's adventure in tucking in her tights was short-lived... And down on both the 4t and 4s attempts. Wisely goes for a 2a instead of a 3a.

Karen-W

Well, that wasn't bad once she missed the quad attempts with green blobs across apart from one grey blob.

Frau Muller

Mia Kalin was a pretty good Carmen after the initial two falls (incl quads). 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸
I enjoyed the Ina Bauer spiral!

Karen-W

Poor Rose - she's skated a lot better this summer domestically.

Frau Muller

A pretty floral-themed look & music by Rose Theroux. Despite falls & blips.

Karen-W

Hana - I enjoyed the first half of that more than the 2nd half.

Frau Muller

HANA BATH really moved my soul with that FP, Yunona I Avos. Totally in the zone. Wow!

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Thar was nice. She's a little prone to airplane arms, but there's a lovely lightness to her skating.

Karen-W

Tsai - I'm not usually a fan of Schindler's List programs and that's one blingy dress for a Schindler's List program, but that was really quite beautiful and I'd not be upset if she medaled with that.

Frau Muller

TSAI of Taipei is so beautiful…with those exquisite long limbs! Musical, too.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
There’s something strangely aimless about Shimada’s movement across the ice in this program. Like where is she going? The 3A was awkwardly placed and she seemed disorientated going into the first spin.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
That is big music for a small girl. I'm not sure what I think of it yet.

Karen-W

Mao - the FS is much more realized and developed as a program than the SP. Just exquisite.

Frau Muller

Divine spirituality by Mao Shimada in Benedictus. The one quad fall hardly counts. Gorgeous spiral sequence!

Karen-W

Well, that was quite nice from Takagi, though it didn't quite hold my attention throughout.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Takagi

pale green dress. The Mission. 2a-3t double axel had great distance across the ice, some of the later jumps look tight, wouldn't say she brought anything new or original to this much-used piece of music, but to be fair, most juniors don't. Pleasant skate. And after seeing the Japanese men struggle, it's really nice to see the women hold their nerve skating at home.

Frau Muller

Takagi gorgeous in that mint-green dress (my fave dress in this group!), to The Mission. Quite clean too - one hand down after one jump.

Karen-W

Kushida - what an interesting dress! Possibly my favorite of the group, and I've quite liked Tsai, Shimada and Takagi's dresses.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Kushida

Will it be a Japanese sweep? Step out of opening 3z, followed by 3s-3t, but t looked short, lots of little choreographic details in the program, performance of the program was on, but lots of minor problems on the jumps, e.g., landing short, and not having flow out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information