JGP #4 Osaka - Ice Dance RD & FD

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Nguyen/Giang - tell me you're a Wing/Lowe team without telling me you're a Wing/Lowe team = this program. Oops - he fell out of that twizzle, but it wasn't in the sequence, so that's okay. Of course, she botched her twizzles hard in the actual sequence and that's not okay.

Karen-W

None of the feds seem to be using strategy to assign their teams, but Canada especially made a mistake in sending them here.
Agreed. This was a major error on their part. I think FradForn are going to wind up sliding into the GPF because their scores are higher than the Peals, who are the other team likely to finish with a 2nd & 3rd in their events.

If the Ukrainian fed was smart, they'd swap Pidgaina/Koval and Pinchuk/Pogorielov (they're listed as substitutes for each other) and see if Pedersen/Chen can muck up again next week and give them another gold.

Karen-W

Also, mad props to the Mullens, who aren't getting to take advantage of any of the U.S. withdrawals (instead, having to compete at events with their strongest American teammates, the Peals and Neset/Markelov) and holding their own.
Yes! I was just looking at their ISU bio - she turns 18 and he turns 20 in December, so they have one more season of junior eligibility and I hope they take it.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
If the Ukrainian fed was smart, they'd swap Pidgaina/Koval and Pinchuk/Pogorielov (they're listed as substitutes for each other) and see if Pedersen/Chen can muck up again next week and give them another gold.
I agree that Pinchuk/Pogorielov would have a great shot at placing 1-2 in Hungary, but they're also likely to place top 3 in Poland, which would be good enough to get them to the final. Hungary has the Germans, the Swiss, and not a lot of competition beyond that. Maybe Ukraine wants to give Pidgaina/Koval a shot at a medal, which they would be in the mix for in Hungary?

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Fradji/Fourneaux

I think these are new costumes from their last event. Good twizzles, there's a depth to their musical interpretation that is a step up from previous teams, good job

Karen-W

FraForn - hmmm... low TES at the moment. They have a big enough lead from the RD that I don't expect anyone to snatch bronze out of their hands, but, yeah....

Karen-W

Fradji/Fourneaux

I think these are new costumes from their last event. Good twizzles, there's a depth to their musical interpretation that is a step up from previous teams, good job
Yes, I think they were in red/black in Bangkok???

Karen-W

Kishimoto/Tamura - well, I found that far more entertaining than anything IAM has ever given Team KoKo. They're both such stars.

ETA - Oh, Mark, finger gun handography during twizzles is hardly innovative choreography from IAM. goes to look for FBSoer's Bonnie & Clyde RD on YT

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
I think they really hit the choreo elements and lifts. But the actual skating wasn't as strong as several other teams. It's my bias, but I don't watch dance to see push-ups and choreo moves. The scoring system overvalues these types of elements IMO.

Karen-W

TkaKil - oh, that's right, the poisonous South American spider program...

Karen-W

He botched his twizzles - that will probably settle them for silver. This music totally comes from some "World Music" CD her dad bought at Borders 25 years ago, I'm convinced of it, lol. I don't care what Mark tell us about the music!

Yeah, TES is lower than NesMark...

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Israelis fabulous. Yes, I thought of the Duchesnays too, Mark & Ted!

Reactions: Tak

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Kishimoto/Tamura - well, I found that far more entertaining than anything IAM has ever given Team KoKo. They're both such stars.

ETA - Oh, Mark, finger gun handography during twizzles is hardly innovative choreography from IAM. goes to look for FBSoer's Bonnie & Clyde RD on YT
If I’m not mistaken, this is the team that did push-ups on the ice in their free one or two seasons ago, so they did pioneer that move at least. And they did it much better than F/G.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information