JGP #4 Osaka - Men SP & FS

Sylvia

TBD
Shteyngart had cool music - Abracadabra & Witchcraft - Milana Zilnik. Choreographer are listed as Julie Brault, Nikita Mikhailov - don't know who did which program.

ETA:
Carmen is "so regularly used in the figure skating community," Mark says diplomatically. :)
Mark loved Matias' choreography and (paraphrasing) did this warhorse music justice.

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
When did Bodenstein get to be 12 feet tall?? I'll bet he gets lots of pairs girls knocking on his door.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Sheiko

An Israeli born in Israel, how about that? Neat rotations in the air, a little slow checking his free leg out on some of his landings, 3s-2a-2a with verve. Interpretation is not bad, but think he could put more feeling into his choreo--nicely done in his choreo sequence--more of that throughout the program, please. Good base to grow from.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Sheiko gave it his all. Other than 3 axel fall, quite strong. More of a “pusher” now but full of promise!

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Li

Good butterfly as "all the lonely people" plays, shades of Charlie White, respectable job with the light and shade of the music, good 3z-3t toward end of the program, oh, and then a fall on the 3z, pretty good overall, would need more technical content to really contend

Mini-grace does not like the flaps on the costume :drama:

Frau Muller

Now the first of three LIs (Li-Lee-Li) in roll! First fm Taipei! Wonderful, to Eleanor Rigby.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Lee

voiceover to start, time for some triple axels! struggle on the 3r, nice basics. Refresh my memory, is he allowed to do 4 axels in the FP? Nice job, a few little errors on landings and he received a V on a spin

Frau Muller

Lee of South Korea 🇰🇷 elegant Romeo! Started with two 3 axels. On & on!

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Lee

voiceover to start, time for some triple axels! struggle on the 3r, nice basics. Refresh my memory, is he allowed to do 4 axels in the FP?
Didn't Xie do the same? I thought he did, but I may be wrong.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
I assume it's allowed or Mark would have said something. A quick google search turned up the 2022 rules: https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/rules/fsk-regulations-rules/file

Repetitions:
Any double jump (including double Axel) cannot be included more than
twice in a Single’s Free Program (as a Solo Jump or a part of a Jump
Combination / Sequence).
Of all triple and quadruple jumps only two can be executed twice. Of the
two repetitions only one can be a quadruple jump.

So two 2as and two 3as is okay. But three 2as or three 3as would land foul of the rule.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Li (NZL)

Wonderful floaty 2a to start, I love the way this kid accelerates and gets so much distance from each stroke, hand down on 3r, jumps seem to be unraveling with only a 1f, ok, back together with 3z-2a-2t sequence, his basics are just fantastic! :cheer2:

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Martynov

3a, rather stoic expression, 3a-2t, nice jumps throughout the program with only one turnout. Would like to see more interpretation, doesn't feel like the program is building to anything, basics are decent, but won't set him apart in this field where others have superlative abilities. Good competitor, though. He gets the job done.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Daniel - should be enough to stay ahead of Xie - the music and program is pretty generic.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Nakamura

quad with stepout and hand down, and stepped out of the 3a. Maybe he's feeling the home court pressure. horror splat on second 3a and on 3z. Too many mistakes are taking me out of the program, hard to measure his artistic qualities when there are so many disruptions. Not his day.

Karen-W

Nakamura wants it too much today and is falling apart here on the first three jumping passes, finally lands a clean 3lo, but the next 3z+3t is a mess too, and a fall on his last jump too. Such a gorgeous skater, but there's no way he stays on the podium today.

Martynov secures at least the bronze and that should be enough to secure the Yerevan TBD spot!

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Lim

3a-3t just, moving fairly slowly across the ice, had to hold onto some of his landings, good fight. More room for artistry to develop, good carriage. Gesturing for the audience to clap after his cartwheel spin exit :rofl: He did end with a lot of energy!

Frau Muller

LIM!!!! Loved the “Let’s applaud!” Hand motions before the footwork. Great job!!

Karen-W

Oh, lordy, kid, you are too young and this skate was too bland up to that point for the motioning to the audience to "get ready and get pumped" for your choreo sequence. And that's before it went from sweeping orchestral "Game of Thrones" to techno remix "GOT". Even if you're probably gonna win, I'm a-gonna pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information