JGP #6 Poland - Pairs SP & FS

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Starting Order/Live Results - http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2324/jgppol2023/SEG005.htm
Time Schedule - http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...JUNIOR----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

Live Stream - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KULuz-we9qw

StN. Name Nation
Warm-Up Group 1
1 Wiktoria PACHA / Szymon DERECHOWSKI POL
2 Nikola SITKOVA / Oliver KUBACAK SVK
3 Anastasia STEBLYANKA / Lukas GNEIDING GER

Warm-Up Group 2
4 Ava KEMP / Yohnatan ELIZAROV CAN
5 Lucy HAY / Kyle McLEOD GBR
6 Ines MOUDDEN / Alejandro Lazaro GARCIA ESP

Ice Resurfacing
Warm-Up Group 3
7 Jazmine DESROCHERS / Kieran THRASHER CAN
8 Violetta SIEROVA / Ivan KHOBTA UKR
9 Yixi YANG / Shunyang DENG CHN

Warm-Up Group 4
10 Debora Anna COHEN / Lukas VOCHOZKA CZE
11 Sonja LOEWENHERZ / Robert LOEWENHERZ GER
12 Irina NAPOLITANO / Edoardo COMI ITA
13 Wenning SHI / Zhiyu WANG CHN

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
No USA Pairs, so Polina Edmunds will not be covering this.

Taking a break. I’ll be back for Ukraine’s Sieriva/Khovta!

Sylvia

TBD
SP event is scheduled for 15:35 - 17:34 local / 9:35 - 11:34 am Eastern time (2nd event of 3 on Thursday, Sept. 28).

ETA:
You're sounding like a broken record. ;)
(ETA: your trolling on this topic is working, congrats!)

Last edited:

Karen-W

Taking a break. I’ll be back for Ukraine’s Sieriva/Khovta!
Oh, STFU about who or what Polina covers in her podcast. I don't see you bitching about TSL barely covering the JGP except the women or about Polina not covering ice dance. As has been said in the US Women's thread, her podcast so she can choose to cover what she pleases. If it pains you so much, start your own podcast.

Karen-W

Polish team - not much of an opinion about them. They'll probably get another season on the JGP if the age max for the men is raised, and they'll certainly need it.

Karen-W

Sitkova/Kubacak - he's been pretty dedicated to pairs for a few years now and he's starting to come into his own now, I think - such great posture! She also is very expressive with her hands. Here's hoping this partnership works out for a few years at least.

Karen-W

Steblyanka/Gneiding - this team (and all the German pairs teams on the JGP this season) reminds me of the dark days of watching US junior pairs... But maybe one or both will develop into a solid pairs skater in a few years.

Karen-W

Kemp/Elizarov - strange that they'd end their program with the two weakest elements - the SBS spins and slow footwork. I'd have ended on the death spiral. Much better than last week overall though.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Have a soft spot for Haifa boy. :D

This doesn’t seem a tough field, hope they medal.

Karen-W

Hay/McLeod - oh, Ted... that was weird saying "the kilt is now off" about Mark and his support of his fellow Scots. But, really, is Dundee so unpleasant a place that not one single decent Russian pairs technical coach would be willing to move there and help the Briggs' bring up the level of their teams?

Sylvia

TBD
But, really, is Dundee so unpleasant a place that not one single decent Russian pairs technical coach would be willing to move there and help the Briggs' bring up the level of their teams?
I've visited Dundee - it's not that bad a place. BTW, you're also sounding like a broken record on this topic. ;)

Karen-W

I've visited Dundee - it's not that bad a place. BTW, you're also sounding like a broken record on this topic. :)
Oh, I know I am - but I only bring it up when we're watching one of the Dundee pairs teams. ;)

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Me too. (I'm still :( about Williams/Lachlar having to withdraw from both assignments in what was their only JGP season.)
I’ve only see them once but liked them. But history is littered with pairs I liked who broke up, going back to Yank/Coughlin, McL/Brubaker, etc and most recently Smi/Sil and Ashley and Tim. So I don’t invest anymore.

Karen-W

Moudden/Garcia - girl needs to tuck those tights in! Ayiyiyi - today's not his day - first a hand down on the SBS jumps and then he falls out of his last position in the SBS spins.

Lizziebeth

Moudden/Garcia - girl needs to tuck those tights in! Ayiyiyi - today's not his day - first a hand down on the SBS jumps and then he falls out of his last position in the SBS spins.
those really are the lumpiest tights ever = crazy looking in K&C

Karen-W

Desrochers/Thrasher - those SBS jumps weren't even close to in synch - like I don't think he took off until she was halfway through her rotation, lol. Nice speed and flow on the step sequence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information