JGP #6 Poland - Ice Dance RD & FD

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Zehnder/Sieber

Weaver/Poje tribute to "This Bitter Earth", neat straight line lift with clever exit to a lunge, carrying good speed across the ice, they could extend their stroking more to make a less choppy effect, fast first twizzles---then big pausey connecting steps--to slow second and third set which he wobbled on, lifts continue to be impressive, creating interesting shapes. Good job.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Swissies! Really cool straight line lift, bit clunky on the exit though. Another cool lift! They need to work on their speed exiting these lifts, but I like the shapes they're making with them. Hopefully they can hold on for another bronze.

Colonel Green

Swiss look a bit rough in places there.

These two are definitely disadvantaged by the return to the draw for free dance order versus just using the rhythm dance placement, because they'd surely prefer if Kishimoto/Tamura went next rather than after the judges have gotten hyped up by the Germans and the Ukrainians.

Karen-W

Seeing bloody knees in the kiss-n-cry makes me wonder why exactly we require sliding elements? :slinkaway
They aren't required - they're a choreo element and usually get the crowd revved up, so skaters choose to include them.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Are there required slide elements now? There's a bunch of different choreo elements you can choose to use.

They aren't required - they're a choreo element and usually get the crowd revved up, so skaters choose to include them.
You're right, I overstated that. I just don't think they're necessary to the sport and we could very easily live without them and save the skaters' knees.

Karen-W

Yes, Ted, 1st & 3rd (at worst) guarantees them a spot in the JGPF.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
As Mark says, they've had such bad luck this season with illness and injury. I hope things get better for them from here. They're such an amazing team and I could watch them all day.

Amy L

You're right, I overstated that. I just don't think they're necessary to the sport and we could very easily live without them and save the skaters' knees.
It's been an especially gorey view in the knc today!

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Pinchuk/Pogorielov

Skating with a lot of surety. This program is more posey than some of the others. Solid twizzles in sync, nice diagonal step sequence with smooth connected movement and still performing during it. Good mature program.

Karen-W

PinPog - just seem VERY slow to me. I want someone to get out there and push them, lol. Well, well, well... TES has a healthy lead over GrimSav at the moment.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Their ending was a little rough as well, but they probably did enough.

Colonel Green

If you're doing a slide-heavy program, you could always have the girl wear pants rather than tights, since that's allowed now.

Amy L

I wonder why they went for 90s Madonna in a year with a lot of 80s Madonnas. Though Mariia especially looks like she loves it so I think it's still a pretty good choice for them.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
I like P/P, but everything feels kind of heavy with them. They need to work on their speed, and I don't just mean their skating speed but also their agility/dexterity and economy of movement. Just tighten up, streamline and speed up the elements, going in and out of lifts/spins, etc.

Karen-W

Why aren't they the faves? Because Istanbul's FD was messy AF and GrimSav made the JGPF last season, that's why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information