49.51​
24.85​
25.66​
6.57​
6.29​
6.43​
1.00​
#6​

Protocols (ETA now up): http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...------QUAL000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Not the performance Annika and Robert hoped for, I'm sure; but, overall, still pretty good. I like their costumes. Actually, I would have put Lia and Trennt in first in this portion of the competition .... but H/K are the favorites ... and, well, reputation counts.
I don't know why HocKun would be faves over PerMich, who beat them by 3 places at Worlds...

peibeck

Simply looking
My husband wants to know what is the weirdest thing ever thrown on the ice after a program.

I'll have to show him a Yuzu Pooh Bear avalanche

I remember a blow-up doll with a cigarette :lol: Pairs event, maybe thrown to a team from a former Soviet country???
"Panties for Patrick" (Chan) spawned by some FSU peeps is surely up there too.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
My favorite two in practice came 2-3…and #1, the Germans, merited their placement.
Sigh…I recall when Pairs was my favored discipline.
Hoping for a step up with Men.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Just a reminder for those watching Peacock don't pick the NBC version if you don't want commentary. Select the international version instead. You have options.
Thanks for the reminder. I’m not feeling Chris and I don’t intend on getting drunk enough to appreciate his commentary.

alj5

The top three were great.

Hocke & Kunkel - I really like this couple, but I do not think this short program suits them at all. Or maybe it just needs mileage? Anyway, with the fall and the non-cohesive program I would have had them below Pereira but still ahead of Liu & Nagy.

Pereira & Michaud still skate like a new couple (she in particular needs to look at him, interact with him). Their skate was clean and her death spiral position was perfection. I don't understand anything less than a +3/4 on that element.

Liu & Nagy - that twist was beautiful, her costume was beautiful, and they do not feel like a brand new pair team to me.

Martins & Bedard - they looked so happy with their performance (she in particular), that it's hard not to root for them to skate well.

Caldara & Maglio - double axels and the fall just killed them. I think this could be a very competitive team. Their lift was beautiful.

Vaipan-Law & Digby - more double axels and a fall, plus a messy twist. But how far they've come since their first season together. They have become a very solid pair team.

Plazas & Fernandez - a very different program/approach than last year. I think this program needs more mileage to really work. I want to love them, but inconsistency makes it very hard. I don't get the negative GOE on the lift. Only the exit looked rough.

VGThuy

Just a reminder for those watching Peacock don't pick the NBC version if you don't want commentary. Select the international version instead. You have options.
And they don’t have those commercials that play on Peacock. That one Kardashian ex-boyfriend or whatever was hocking something and they kept playing that commercial.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
@Theatregirl1122 , ask and ye shall receive.

I was catching up; got home about 20 minutes after it started, which is apparently a bonus as I had no technical issues watching from behind. And well, I looked at the line-up and decided Teacher Margs >> than whatever the hell the Italians were.

It's very inconsiderate of Joan Jett to not think of the skaters who will be using her music 20 years in the future. :drama:

Love Kunkel's getup. It screams I'm going to the club, but will be home by 10:00 and will make sure everyone gets home safely.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
That's a pretty low bar for senior pair skating.
Honestly, I prefer international pairs right now. It's not all perfect, but they have personalities and that's more interesting than a bunch of Russian-bots - check out the Russo-Hungarians if you dearly need your teams that can land all the hard elements but have zero personality like most Russian teams.

fan

I think this program is vastly inferior as a choreographic piece compared to their free skate. It's serviceable, but nothing special.

Solid start here. Little stingy with the GOE on the jumps and throw maybe?
This is what I meant by my comment in the practice thread. These guys are top 6 in the world - they need to invest in some top level choreo. Or at least an ice dance choreographer. One that isn’t Asher hill

honey

This is what I meant by my comment in the practice thread. These guys are top 6 in the world - they need to invest in some top level choreo. Or at least an ice dance choreographer. One that isn’t Asher hill
They did for the free skate. Hubbell and Diaz did the long and it is so much more detailed and complex than the short. Kinda wishing they could scrap this sp…there’s nothing really wrong with it, but there’s a lack of sophistication to it that doesn’t stack up well against the very top in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information