2024 4CC Pairs SP - Crouching Skater Hidden Wedgie

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
The final results

1​
Q​
Deanna STELLATO-DUDEK / Maxime DESCHAMPSCAN
69.48​
37.19​
33.29​
8.39​
8.39​
8.25​
1.00​
#12​
2​
Q​
Riku MIURA / Ryuichi KIHARAJPN
65.61​
32.45​
33.16​
8.36​
8.18​
8.39​
0.00​
#11​
3​
Q​
Chelsea LIU / Balazs NAGYUSA
61.90​
33.71​
29.19​
7.36​
7.29​
7.29​
1.00​
#5​
4​
Q​
Ellie KAM / Danny O'SHEAUSA
60.72​
31.55​
30.17​
7.61​
7.57​
7.50​
1.00​
#6​
5​
Q​
Cheng PENG / Lei WANGCHN
60.18​
33.20​
27.98​
7.04​
6.93​
7.07​
1.00​
#3​
6​
Q​
Lia PEREIRA / Trennt MICHAUDCAN
59.89​
31.21​
29.68​
7.46​
7.43​
7.43​
1.00​
#8​
7​
Q​
Anastasia GOLUBEVA / Hektor GIOTOPOULOS MOOREAUS
58.79​
30.80​
28.99​
7.36​
7.14​
7.29​
1.00​
#9​
8​
Q​
Kelly Ann LAURIN / Loucas ETHIERCAN
58.50​
31.29​
27.21​
6.89​
6.82​
6.75​
0.00​
#7​
9​
Q​
Valentina PLAZAS / Maximiliano FERNANDEZUSA
57.38​
31.01​
27.37​
6.93​
6.86​
6.79​
1.00​
#10​
10​
Q​
Siyang ZHANG / Yongchao YANGCHN
55.70​
30.05​
25.65​
6.43​
6.43​
6.43​
0.00​
#4​
11​
Q​
Yuchen WANG / Lei ZHUCHN
53.66​
29.77​
23.89​
6.04​
5.89​
6.04​
0.00​
#1​
12​
Q​
Isabella GAMEZ / Aleksandr KOROVINPHI
49.79​
26.57​
23.22​
5.89​
5.82​
5.75​
0.00​
#2​

Protocols link: http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...------QUAL000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Love her, but wholeheartedly agree.
I just think Max has been making uncharacteristic errors lately and she has gotten more intense. You need to be a supportive partner and considering the only error here was his fall her reaction is not supportive imo. And ironically if my speculation is right she is only shooting herself in the foot if she is stressing her partner out.

Sally1214

Man, that's one empty rink!! I better be seeing a LOT more bums in seats for the other events or I'm going to be even more annoyed at all these events being held in Asia with their impossible-to-watch-live schedules for so many of us. (JR. Worlds is in China too, right)? Give the events to places that fill arenas like oh ... Columbus, or Lithuania. You can leave Calgary off that list...😳

Desperado

I just think Max has been making uncharacteristic errors lately and she has gotten more intense. You need to be a supportive partner and considering the only error here was his fall her reaction is not supportive imo. And ironically if my speculation is right she is only shooting herself in the foot if she is stressing her partner out.
She is intense and I think the continuous intensity brought her here, but may be a hindrance to further progress. Max and Josée seem to be slightly more relaxed and it’s probably not always easy to manage this difference.

pat c

Maybe he has been, but my take on Deanna is the more things go wrong is the more she tries to fix it. iow if she misses she tries to do the next thing better, same when Max misses she tries to do the next thing better hence the concentration. ymmv

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Maybe he has been, but my take on Deanna is the more things go wrong is the more she tries to fix it. iow if she misses she tries to do the next thing better, same when Max misses she tries to do the next thing better hence the concentration. ymmv
I meant more afterwards when the program was over.
It's a fine line, they are where they are because he is a strong partner and she is determined and focused as hell. I would be more than happy to be wrong :)

In the end I just love their programs so much this year and want all the success for them in Montreal.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Our first whickety whack outfit of the day… and it’s his.
That costume he has got is something else. A classic example of "take one thing away" after you finish the costume design drawing. Or everything, especially the designer's pen.

sk8nlizard

It's a fine line, they are where they are because he is a strong partner and she is determined and focused as hell. I would be more than happy to be wrong :)

In the end I just love their programs so much this year and want all the success for them in Montreal.
I noticed she was pretty snippy in the K and C when the coach said something and didn’t really look at Maxime at all. I thought he was pretty brave when he put his arm around her waist when she stood up… 😂

honey

She is intense and I think the continuous intensity brought her here, but may be a hindrance to further progress. Max and Josée seem to be slightly more relaxed and it’s probably not always easy to manage this difference.
I’ve never in my life described Josee Picard as relaxed :shuffle:. Maybe compared to Deanna, but she is intense and demanding by all accounts.

Whether this intense situation is what is causing Max to make mistakes, hard to say. Deanna has made her share of mistakes this year as well. But in any case, I do feel they know it’s now or never for a world title and that alone may be crushing them every time they go out to skate. They will likely never have this perfect storm of opportunity again. Russia is still out, the reigning world champions have been out all season thus far with injury and the kicker, worlds is taking place where they live. I think they also know if they deliver, there is a strong possibility it could happen. And sometimes that knowledge is even worse in terms of handling pressure than if you think you just have an outside shot.

I think the pressure will be through the roof for them in Montreal and I think it would be difficult for just about anyone to handle it. I hope for them that they can, but I don’t exactly have full confidence that they will be able to.

pat c

No, I know what you mean. Both of them must have that determination, to come back to skating and be where they are at this stage of the game, even Picard. :) I think this is one determined team. I wish them well.

Karen-W

So, I FFW through all the replays and just watched the programs of the first 8 teams. None of them skated well enough for me to feel compelled to comment on them individually. What a horrid SP from top to bottom.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Man, that's one empty rink!! I better be seeing a LOT more bums in seats for the other events or I'm going to be even more annoyed at all these events being held in Asia with their impossible-to-watch-live schedules for so many of us. (JR. Worlds is in China too, right)? Give the events to places that fill arenas like oh ... Columbus, or Lithuania. You can leave Calgary off that list...😳
Jr Worlds is in Taipei.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I just rewatched. Very, very poor event…even the leaders (S-D/D) had a major fault in the indiv jumps. This is not a great era in Pairs skating.

I was expecting more from Peng/Wang.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual

Karen-W

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Listening to David and Johnathan go off on Deanna short program behavior I had to go back and rewatch

She is the Grand Dame so she should be setting the example, so I do kind of agree her behaviors do come off kind of like a tantrum.

I would think she could risk losing the possibility of a partnership, because I wouldn’t want to do another season of having my partner’s behavior be that way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information