2023 NHK Trophy Pairs FS - Mount Wedgie

Andrey aka Pushkin

Playing ping pong with balls of chocolate jam
Btw, talking about American couples with male partners who should represent another country, what happened to Danylo Siianytsia? He is so amazing I even bothered to learn how he spells his name, and it's a full time job for someone who knows for a fact it's "Sianytsa".

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Btw, talking about American couples with male partners who should represent another country, what happened to Danylo Siianytsia? He is so amazing I even bothered to learn how he spells his name, and it's a full time job for someone who knows for a fact it's "Sianytsa".
Partner-less at the moment. There aren't a lot of good female pairs partner options in the US right now - lots of great men but most of the women struggle with the jumps.

skatingguy

decently
Ghilardi, Rebecca/Ambrosini, Filippo 🇮🇹
Coach: Rosanna Murante, Ondrej Hotarek
Music: Bram Stoker's Dracula, Blood for Dracula

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
Ghilardi/Ambrosini - The other vampire program. Issue with SBS jump for her, and bobble on throw landing, but otherwise pretty good.

Andrey aka Pushkin

I don't think that the battalion of Chinese fans of Ghilardi/Ambrosini are going to see them in Beijing.

Was she always so horrible on the salchow?

They seem happy. I wonder why.

Karen-W

Is it possible that Ghilardi's salchow technique is actually getting worse with each competition?

Also - two vampire programs at the GPF are two too many for me.

skatingguy

decently
Ghilardi, Rebecca/Ambrosini, Filippo 🇮🇹
Coach: Rosanna Murante, Ondrej Hotarek
Music: Bram Stoker's Dracula, Blood forDracula

3Tw 4
3S< - she put her hands down
2A+2A+1A+SEQ
Reverse Lasso Lift 4
Back Outside Death Sp 3
Choreo Sequence
Throw 3Lz
Throw 3Lo
Hand/Hip Lift 4
Axel Lasso Lift 4

Pair Combo Spin 3

I have a hard time with this team because I just can't get past her jump technique. Solid pairs elements, but the program is lacking something.

123.49 = 1st Place
186.47 = 1st Place

skatingguy

decently
Golubeva, Anastasia/Giotopoulos Moore, Hektor 🇦🇺
Coach: Galina Pachina, Andrei Pachin
Music: The Umbrellas of Cherbourg by Michel Legrand

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
Golubeva/Giotopoulos Moore - I find the vertical frills on her dress a bit odd. Hektor tried to slip on a spreadeagle, error on throw landing by Anastasia and dodgy lift. Hmmmm, I'm not sure that's going to hold for a medal.

skatingguy

decently
Golubeva, Anastasia/Giotopoulos Moore, Hektor 🇦🇺
Coach: Galina Pachina, Andrei Pachin
Music: The Umbrellas of Cherbourg by Michel Legrand

3Tw 2 - poor catch
3T+3T+2T
Throw 3S
3S
Back Outside Death Sp 2
Pair Combo Spin 4
Axel Lasso Lift 4

Throw 3Lo - big step out - low landing
Reverse Lasso Lift
4 (3 after review) - Hektor tripped, but they kept it up
Hand/Hand Press Lift 3
Choreo Sequence

About the same as Skate Canada, just that the errors came in different places - probably going to finish 4th again.

120.78 = 2nd Place
185.39 = 2nd Place

Last edited:

Andrey aka Pushkin

Anyway, the weird choice of music and her dress aside, G/GM are probably the best young pair right now, and I am wishing them all the best. Not a lot of "pairness" there, but he is a very good partner, and she can jump if thrown strong enough.

Last year already I thought they could win both the Junior and the Senior Prand Prix Final. At the very least, I think they have a 4CC medal in the bag.

Karen-W

GoluGM - is there some sort of arm or shoulder injury going on with Hektor? I don't remember them struggling with the twist or lifts like this. Solid but that's going to drop them off the podium again. :(

Lizziebeth

It is the middle of the night here so I don't need a heart attack watching a lift :yikes:

This young pair is talented IMHO

Andrey aka Pushkin

Beccardi/Guarise.
Oh, gosh, I still remember the days when he has just switched from the roller skates. Time flies :fragile:
So much time has passed since, it is now relatively work safe to google his photos....

Andrey aka Pushkin

In the terms of chemistry on the ice, they give me the Kovalevs vibes. I wonder why, they are both quite good, and I don't recall him being so uninterested with Della-Monica :confused:

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
Beccari/Guarise - It was going pretty well, then a bad lift (came down safely enough though) and hand down on the second throw. Mostly solid but not outstanding.

Andrey aka Pushkin

Ok, with all my love for Matteo, this is quite unwatchable. Some good elements, others - they just couldn't have bothered less. And I haven't seen such facial expressions since the happy days of Albena Denkova. WTF is going on?

Karen-W

BecGuar - do any of these teams want to win? Or at least skate clean? It'll be interesting to see what the tech panel does with Matteo's 3s - looked << to my eye. I think they're still going to medal, but it could make it close for the lead.

skatingguy

decently
Beccari, Lucrezia/Guarise, Matteo 🇮🇹
Coach: Luca Dematte, Rosanna Murante
Music: Cats (soundtrack)

3Tw 4
3T+1A+2A+SEQ
3S< - he put his hand down
Back Inside Death Sp 1
Throw 3Lo
Reverse Lasso Lift 4
Choreo Sequence
Axel Lasso Lift B

Throw 3S - hand down
Hand/Hip Lift 4
Pair Combo Spin 4

Still a work in progress like most new teams.

123.54 = 1st Place
190.31 = 1st Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Hase, Minerva Fabienne/Volodin, Nikita 🇩🇪
Coach: Dmitri Savin, Knut Schubert,Rico Rex
Music: The Path of Silence, Power of Mind

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
They seem surprised to be in the lead - Lucrezia looked like she was saying "how did that happen?" :lol:

Andrey aka Pushkin

Ok, the sbs jumps aside, this is easily the best pair in the world right now. I mean, yes, these were Ghilardesque 2s, and yes, I saw a horde of elephants running between them on the jumping pass, but the throws are the Volosozhar level of beauty, they are a great match, the pairs elements are fantastic and they bother with choreography.

I'm impressed. Go them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information