2023 NHK Trophy Mens FS - The Last Stumbler Guys

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Wedgie Data

Starting Order

Warm-up Group 1
1 Tatsuya TSUBOI JPN 12 64.63
2 Wesley CHIU CAN 11 72.02
3 Luc ECONOMIDES FRA 10 74.24
4 Aleksandr SELEVKO EST 9 75.85
5 Gabriele FRANGIPANI ITA 8 78.20
6 Nika EGADZE GEO 7 81.30

Warm-up Group 2
7 Mihhail SELEVKO EST 6 81.31
8 Deniss VASILJEVS LAT 5 82.14
9 Camden PULKINEN USA 4 86.40
10 Lukas BRITSCHGI SUI 3 86.42
11 Shoma UNO JPN 2 100.20
12 Yuma KAGIYAMA JPN 1 105.51

ISU Channel

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
And the stream is live with Ted. The officials have been introduced and we await the arrival of the first group of men. I've had some sleep, my feline companion has been fed, and I have my coffee...

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
My feline companions are probably going to start prowling for their going to bed snack partway through the first group. So if I stop posting you'll know it's because I've been glowered into submission.
That was me as the free dance was coming to an end last evening :D We both ended up going to bed.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
My feline companions are probably going to start prowling for their going to bed snack partway through the first group. So if I stop posting you'll know it's because I've been glowered into submission.
You know, the one positive of Bandit being at my mom's while I'm in rehab is that I don't have to deal with her up in my face every time I put skating on the TV, lol.

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
You know, the one positive of Bandit being at my mom's while I'm in rehab is that I don't have to deal with her up in my face every time I put skating on the TV, lol.
Yep, cat pounding on my stomach while I try and watch skating and also type makes things tricky.
After watching Beccari/Guarise, I suspect I might be allergic.
Both cats were so impressed they slept through that.

Anyway, onto skating - Tsuboi did pretty well.

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
My attention wandered during Chiu's skate, but looked like the axel was the only issue, so good job I guess.

Karen-W

I really don't understand any of the music choices that Wesley Chiu makes - last season and this one have been big WTFs.

Karen-W

Oh, FFS - I cannot believe I am awake for another Chaplin program! And a sloppy one at that.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Nice spins and character work from Economides, but he needs to work on his levels.

NHK follows the by-now familiar pattern of a massive attendance spike for the Saturday session and I wonder to what extent that can be attributed to high ticket prices pricing out people who don't have day jobs. Whatever discounts they’re offering to students and seniors, GP event organisers should consider increasing them.

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
Selevko #1's triple axel looked wrong from the start. Seemed like he second guessed himself going in and then went for it anyway. Then he did it fine in sequence. Looking tired in the final spin, but well presented and a pretty good skate all up.

Karen-W

Well, that was rather enjoyable from Elder Selevko, especially after the last two guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information