2024 Canadian Championships Sr Men's SP - Wind chill expected to bottom out at -50

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
After the 3 groups:
  1. Wesley Chiu BC/YK 88.98
  2. Aleksa Rakic BC/YK 75.49
  3. Anthony Paradis QC 74.16
  4. Mikhail Mogilen ON 72.88
  5. Matthew Newnham AB/NT/NU 79.96
  6. Rio Morita ON 70.46
  7. Roman Sadovsky ON 68.29
  8. Bruce Waddell ON 65.86
  9. Alec Guinzbourg ON 62.31
  10. Conrad Orzel ON 61.72
  11. Damien Bueckert SK 59.48
  12. Gabriel Blumenthal BC/YK 58.72
  13. Stephen Gogolev ON 53.80
  14. Ethan Scott AB/NT/NU 48.15
  15. Antoine Goyette QC 45.71

WD Shohei Law BC/YK
WD Dominic Rondeau QC

The official results: https://cssterminalserv.skatecanada.ca/results/24CDNSSeniorMenCR.pdf

The detail sheets (protocols): https://cssterminalserv.skatecanada.ca/results/24CDNSSeniorMenSP1DRO.pdf

I wonder if we will see Stephen withdraw before the FS - he certainly appeared to be injured/in pain.

Sally1214

Oh, for Pete's sakes, guys (speaking of commentators here), you HAVE to be able to prepare to skate last. You HAVE to be able to skate well after hearing the previous skater get a great score. "How do you prepare for that?" Are they serious?

Oh my .... I'm just so depressed by the state of men's skating in Canada right now. But it is what it is. Wesley was wonderful, so there's that.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Oh, for Pete's sakes, guys (speaking of commentators here), you HAVE to be able to prepare to skate last. You HAVE to be able to skate well after hearing the previous skater get a great score. "How do you prepare for that?" Are they serious?

Oh my .... I'm just so depressed by the state of men's skating in Canada right now. But it is what it is. Wesley was wonderful, so there's that.
Yes, the excuses from the commentators are... inexcusable. It isn't as if these guys are brand new to competition. Yes, the stakes are higher but being prepared for whatever skate position you have should be old hat for them by now.

quartz

scratching at the light
Watched the last group. Oof. :yikes:

Thank goodness Wesley at least gave me a good vibe.
Also thank goodness I am on my third glass of wine.
Need to find Anthony‘s skate.
Now going to rewatch some of the Euro men’s free as a palate cleanser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information