2024 Candian Championships Sr Women's SP - it's -36 outside!

Sally1214

I just got over (from watching Euros) to see the last bit of Kaiya Ruiter and then Madeline. I have to ask: Did anybody buy tickets to Canadian Nats this year? There's been virtually nobody in the stands for any bits of the Jr. competition I watched (but that was kind of expected) but the empty seats flying by during Madeline's skate makes it look like the arena is pretty much empty. :(

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Marie-Maude's was the program of the day for me.
Sara-Maude? I met her at the Skate Canada in the Montreal area years ago - she was attending with her mother and we ate breakfast together at the hotel twice.

victorskid

I just got over (from watching Euros) to see the last bit of Kaiya Ruiter and then Madeline. I have to ask: Did anybody buy tickets to Canadian Nats this year? There's been virtually nobody in the stands for any bits of the Jr. competition I watched (but that was kind of expected) but the empty seats flying by during Madeline's skate makes it look like the arena is pretty much empty. :(
It is almost empty - it is a week day afternoon so it's likely to be lower attendance, but there have been lots of comments about the low ticket sales. I suspect many, like me, are saving their $$ for Worlds.

pat c

No, thought about it and didn't. Skate Alberta made a mistake in not offering all event tix. They gambled and the weather isn't helping them. The temp in Calgary right now is -40ish. It's brutally cold, so the seats will stay empty for the most part.

SkateFanBerlin

Even with VPN set to Toronto my wedgie page is bare. Can someone just paste the standings. If, it`s not toomuch trouble.

victorskid

Even with VPN set to Toronto my wedgie page is bare. Can someone just paste the standings. If, it`s not toomuch trouble.
As posted on the previous page of this thread :)

SP results
1 Madeline Schizas ON 63.63
2 Kaiya Ruiter AB/NT/NU 58.25
3 Sara-Maude Dupuis QC 57.87
4 Uliana Shiryaeva BC/YK 53.20
5 Hetty Shi ON 52.31
6 Audréanne Foster QC 51.21
7 Fée-Ann Landry QC 51.05
8 Marie-Maude Pomerleau QC 50.55
9 Marie-France D'Amour QC 49.60
10 Rose Théroux QC 49.07
11 Cristina Lyons ON 48.56
12 Nour-Houda Foura QC 47.58
13 Justine Miclette QC 47.51
14 Fiona Bombardier ON 44.91
15 Breken Brezden MB 44.72
16 Katherine Medland Spence ON 41.71
17 Natalie Roccatani ON 39.65
18 Julianne Lussier QC 35.29

Protocols: https://cssterminalserv.skatecanada.ca/results/24CDNSSeniorWomenSP1DRO.pdf

Note that they are in .pdf format and have to be opened either in your browser or in a .pdf reader like Adobe.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Just finished watching the replay. A very poorly skated event. I know it's easy to mock the Canadian women but even by their own individual standards, it was quite poor.

Shiryaeva skated very well but the Canadian judges are really killing her on PCS. She only got 21.03 here whereas she got 23.66 at her JGP assignment. Judge 2 was a lot higher than the rest of the panel on PCS. Her total score was also higher at her JGP.

My biggest what could have been was Foster (yes I'm an Audreanne Foster uber LOL) but she's in the final flight for the free. Honestly I would love to see someone surprise by making the podium and an automatic national team spot.

Dupuis had her skate of the year but really not a great score.

I know we still have the free skate to go but I'm sure the 4CC team will be the same as last year and probably Ruiter will go back to junior worlds with Lulu Lin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information