2024 Canadian Championships Sr Pairs FS - When it's so cold outside, the ice inside is extra hard

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Pairs Free Start Order

1 Ashlyn Schmitz / Tristan Taylor SK
2 Summer Homick / Marty Haubrich ON
3 Caidence Derenisky / Raine Eberl SK

[Resurface]

4 Elizabeth Thibodeau-Mailhot / Daniel Villeneuve 0QC
5 Fiona Bombardier / Gabriel Farand ON
6 Émy Carignan / Bryan Pierro QC

7 Kelly Ann Laurin / Loucas Éthier QC
8 Lia Pereira / Trennt Michaud ON
9 Deanna Stellato-Dudek / Maxime Deschamps QC

WD Brooke MacIntosh / Benjamin Mimar ON

Skate Canada Start Orders/Results page: https://skatecanada.ca/2024-canadian-national-skating-championships/#starting-orders-and-results
There are links there to the .pdf results for each event - not "live" like the ISU.

Event livestream page: https://skatecanada.ca/2024-canadian-national-skating-championships/#live-stream
Also on the Skate Canada DailyMotion channel where you will also find competition replays: https://www.dailymotion.com/skatecanada

pat c

Ashlyn Schmitz / Tristan Taylor - Transformers Age of Extinction - Tessa (Jablonsky)/ You Say (Daigle)

Summer Homick / Marty Haubrich - Sweeney Todd

Caidence Derenisky / Raine Eberl - The Hours Movie Sdtk/I Would Leave the Light on (Tom Walker)

Last edited:

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Back! I am dying to find out who grabbed those podium spots in dance, especially silver! I can't wait to watch it later.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Haven't watched the rest of Nationals thus forth, but I'm really shocked by the attendance now that I got a peek at the other side of the crowd. Basically empty. There has to be what, 200-300 people total?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Haven't watched the rest of Nationals thus forth, but I'm really shocked by the attendance now that I got a peek at the other side of the crowd. Basically empty. There has to be what, 200-300 people total?
I'd say probably more in the vicinity of 600-800. I just did a quick count of one of the corner sections and there were about 18-20 people in it - and there are a lot more in the middle sections. But really bad nonetheless.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Marty, when they took that shirt out of the bag, you should have told them to take the whickety whack off. You’re a big dude. No way they’d say no.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Everyone's saving their pennies for worlds. Who wants to go to Calgary wen they can see worlds in Montreal.
Calgary is a big city - if the tickets were properly priced I think they could fill a venue like Winsport Arena, which is on the smaller side as far as those facilities go.

pat c

The weather, no all event passes, no hotels close and the price of hotels in Calgary. All contributed, and for those who live in Calgary, Winsport is as far west in Cgy as you can get on the way to Banff. Quite a few factors play into it, so for anyone say living in the NE part of Calgary, it's a hike.

kylet3

I’m in Edmonton, I had planned on going, but with them not doing all-events it would have been in excess of $600 for a weekend in Calgary which I can’t justify atm, so I’m happy to stay at home be warm and watch on my laptop

skategal

Bunny mama
The weather, no all event passes, no hotels close and the price of hotels in Calgary. All contributed, and for those who live in Calgary, Winsport is as far west in Cgy as you can get on the way to Banff. Quite a few factors play into it, so for anyone say living in the NE part of Calgary, it's a hike.
Plus Calgary is a big city with alot of other entertainment and sports options competing for your dollar.

If they had this event in a place with less options, they would sell out.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
All together it sure sounds like SC didn't connect all the dots before giving this event to Calgary at that arena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information